Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ye should all just chuck me your WhatsApp and then I don't need to come here again.
  • I grabbed Whatsapp the other day.
    Can't seem to get it on my iPad,
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Yeah this place has had its day. Not even g seems to give a fuck anymore.
  • Who knew that The Bear was just one 10 minute speed run of a game away from collapse.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dark Souls thread is a haven of beauty, though.
  • Plan XIII wrote:
    Space Gazelle you harp on about me being thick but I have never claimed to being an incredibly intelligent chap. I might not be as well read as some of you but I get by. You are a self important nerd. You spend weekends building PCs. But you're also an incredibly boring arse as well. As for the fake Paul account please dont think its me, do an IP check or something.

I'm a boring arse as well? As well as Paul by any chance?
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Yeah this place has had its day. Not even g seems to give a fuck anymore.

Nah come on, sometimes we all blow up - half the time its banter taken the wrong way.

*hugs to all*

(Cept paul the builder, please fuck off back to IGN)

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    This place is fine, it's just a couple of select threads that seem a magnet for this kind of behaviour.  Stay clear and the rest is all roses.
  • Let's all just relax, its not getting us anywhere and we've lost a number of people through just one thread of awful already. Not everybody is gonna get along but let's all be the bigger man so we all go away feeling huge and awesome so you know what its like to be me.

Back on topic I'm gonna try maybe doing some of the other missions on this but it doesn't seem nearly as impressive when the suns out on camp omega.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Making Alts to stir the shit further really doesn't help, whoever it was.

Anyhoo....MGS eh?
  • It looks fantastic at night with rain but when the suns out it looks very bland.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Well, there's always the original MGS thread ahem

http://thebearandbadger.co.uk/discussion/706/mgs/p1

Fwiw I've enjoyed reading Brooks' take on the issues with the game and how they relate to topics covered in literature.  My stance is that anyone who confidently states an opinion on if something is acceptable or not, should already have looked at how other media has handled the topic e.g. Books, cinema, art and so on.  If all you know is games then you aren't really qualified to judge.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    TreD wrote:
    It looks fantastic at night with rain but when the suns out it looks very bland.

Well, it is set in the desert isn't it?
  • There will be dynamic weather in the phantom pain though, which from the trailer footage adds a lot more to the visuals in desert sections.
    GT: Tr3D   PSN ID: TR3Dx
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Y'all dickheads better not ignore the WhatsApp post, I'm srs.
  • Well, there's always the original MGS thread ahem http://thebearandbadger.co.uk/discussion/706/mgs/p1 Fwiw I've enjoyed reading Brooks' take on the issues with the game and how they relate to topics covered in literature.  My stance is that anyone who confidently states an opinion on if something is acceptable or not, should already have looked at how other media has handled the topic e.g. Books, cinema, art and so on.  If all you know is games then you aren't really qualified to judge.
    Yeah, it was an interesting and rather edifying to and fro - shades of the Tomb Raider reboot "sexual peril" hullabaloo.
    I can kinda see both sides - if you're gonna tackle a serious subject, you gotta be serious about it - and not necessarily serious in tone, i.e. not precluding comedy etc., but serious in intent and put in a serious amount of effort. 
    With games, it often seems that the authors just don't have the chops, so it comes across as purely for titillation/shock/controversy/money. But then, if games as an art form/media never *tries* to push its boundaries, how is it ever going to develop those chops?

I guess I don't really have an opinion on it, as I haven't seen the source material and as I haven't played MGS since the PS2 days, and wasn't particularly planning on buying this one - so it's not like its put me off something I wasn't intending to buy.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Back on topic I'm gonna try maybe doing some of the other missions on this but it doesn't seem nearly as impressive when the suns out on camp omega.
    TreD wrote:
    It looks fantastic at night with rain but when the suns out it looks very bland.

Opinion buddies!!!
  • Well, there's always the original MGS thread ahem http://thebearandbadger.co.uk/discussion/706/mgs/p1 Fwiw I've enjoyed reading Brooks' take on the issues with the game and how they relate to topics covered in literature.  My stance is that anyone who confidently states an opinion on if something is acceptable or not, should already have looked at how other media has handled the topic e.g. Books, cinema, art and so on.  If all you know is games then you aren't really qualified to judge.

I'm not sure we've ever seen a bomb shoved up someone's chuff before, except maybe in some silly horror film or a fourteen year old's attempt at an edgy new Breaking Bad script. If Kojima wants cultural equality for games, maybe he should stop writing them.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    i dont do whatsapp, how does it work? have we got a B&B room or something?
  • Y'all dickheads better not ignore the WhatsApp post, I'm srs.

That idea could open up one huge can of funnily bad.
  • It's just basically a free texting service.
    Afaik you cannot put multiple people into one conversation.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Y'all dickheads better not ignore the WhatsApp post, I'm srs.

It's a p2p text messenging service (its free for a year and then £1 in year 2).

Basically DS just wants to get you alone and then shove a bomb into your front bucket.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    It's just basically a free texting service.
    Afaik you cannot put multiple people into one conversation.

As many people as you want can be in a conversation dude.
  • three1ne wrote:

It's a p2p text messenging service (its free for a year and then £1 in year 2).

Basically DS just wants to get you alone and then shove a bomb into your front bucket.

Ive had it years and never paid a penny, and there's no way it could charge you, sure you're not talking about something else?
    I'm not sure we've ever seen a bomb shoved up someone's chuff before, except maybe in some silly horror film or a fourteen year old's attempt at an edgy new Breaking Bad script. If Kojima wants cultural equality for games, maybe he should stop writing them.
    Man on Fire Denzel sticks a bomb up a guy's butt doesn't he?
    And Crank 1 or 2 there's a whole greased up shotgun using the tradesman's entrance.

But, well, it's violence against women that's the main trigger at work here IMHO - because of a multitude of depressing reasons.
  • I'm not sure we've ever seen a bomb shoved up someone's chuff before, except maybe in some silly horror film or a fourteen year old's attempt at an edgy new Breaking Bad script.

It was funny when it happened to Hilary Clinton in South Park.

It's happening in a medium people love to label as being juvenile both in content and it's overall development as a form of media, and people are up in arms and surprised that it's being handled in such a way.

Who are we mad at? Are we mad at Kojima because of his waifu loving overt otaku tendencies? Are we mad that the publisher didn't pull the content? Are we mad that the ratings boards cleared the content?

Here's the ESRB ratings page for Ground Zeroes.

Here's what the ESRB say about the game, taken directly from the link above:
    Spoiler:

I don't understand how after reading that, people are getting up in arms about the inappropriateness of the sexual assault and heavily implied rape? I haven't heard the audio log in question, but it must be either childishly poorly written, or so accurate in it's depiction that it's too uncomfortable for people to listen to.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    three1ne wrote:

This. This thrice over.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Ive had it years and never paid a penny, and there's no way it could charge you, sure you're not talking about something else?

Says on the site its a quid in year 2. They could place a block on your number if you choose not to pay after year 1 is how I guess they do it.

May be yours is permantly  free as you were using them from when they launched?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!