The E3 Thread of Anger and Hatred and Grrrrr
  • Reminds me that I still kinda want to play through the remake.
  • Now I may be late to the party but I thought the Wii U was going to be as powerful as the PS3/xbox allowing Ninty to compete with them on a level playing field technology wise whilst having their fancy pad for whatever reason? Struck me as we odd at the time since they jumped out the technology race and trounced MS/Sony sales wise, to then get back in that race.

Lets see what they make at E3...
  • Mod74 wrote:
    And very Uncharted.

Unavoidable to a certain extent, Uncharted itself was very similar to Tomb Raider, but the "I hate tombs" bit suggests they've gone for the wisecracking hero thing, which may fall flat.  I'm looking forward to it as the original was one of my favourite Saturn games, but I've never really played one since.
  • Lara sounds wrong.
  • Aye - all those special effects and they couldn't afford an actual Brit?
  • Sony and MS both announce that their 'nexter gen' consoles will ship on 1st December, will not be backwards compatible, will not use solid state media and will be completely and utterly FREE at the point of sale.

The games will cost £250 each, with micropayments to unlock each button on the controller, which will look like one if those massive all in one TV remotes that old people use.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    And very Uncharted.
    Unavoidable to a certain extent, Uncharted itself was very similar to Tomb Raider, but the "I hate tombs" bit suggests they've gone for the wisecracking hero thing, which may fall flat.  I'm looking forward to it as the original was one of my favourite Saturn games, but I've never really played one since.

I admit it's been a while since I've played one but I don't remember big set piece QTE bits being a big part of the Tomb Raider's of old.
  • Yep, that looks far too set-piecey and cut-sceney. Hardly a sight of Lara scaling a sheer rock face or navigating the footholds on some mega statue. Really looks like they've decided to focus on the 'character' at the expense of giving you anything to get your teeth into gameplay wise. Unless they just decided to cut all the less visually 'exciting' bits out of the trailer.

TR's always been at its best when it sticks you in a huge ruin and leaves you alone to find the way out.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I don't think i'll ever delete this picture of Cliffy B.

cliffmeister.jpg
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I don't think he's gay. He used to run a website dedicated to pictures of cats. What could be more manly?
  • Like Jimmy, but with cancer.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Why did none of us create a LinkedIn profile with job titles such as Forklift Artist on Shenmue 4 for the Dreamcast 2? Could've had some fun with that.
  • www.ISTILLBELIEVE.com
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    www.ISTILLBELIEVE.com

c91aeaa5.jpg
  • YES
  • It'll be my Last Guardian pre-order's birthday soon. *sigh* It's not happening is it?
  • IT IS STILL HAPPENING.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    I admit it's been a while since I've played one but I don't remember big set piece QTE bits being a big part of the Tomb Raider's of old.

They did this with Anniversary, which fucked up the T-Rex encounter royally.
  • Can you amend the OP with the dates and times of the various presentations?
  • Going to be missing most of these, Sony one is too late and I'm having friends over on Monday so not seeing MS one. I do enjoy watching them and these threads so it's a bit of a shame.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Elmlea wrote:
    How would you hold the pad and use multi-touch at the same time? Surely that would be the waste of time. Single touch should be sufficient when you've got the rest of a pad to work with too.
    ... the same way you hold an iPad and use multi-touch?
    I think I thought the screen was smaller on the Wii U and you wouldn't be able to easily reach it with both hands while holding it? After looking at some pics I see that's not the case. Touche!

But Dante described the screen being single touch as "a complete waste of time" when it quite obviously isn't. It being single touch still provides a wealth of opportunity for devs (just think of the minigames and QTEs!). Making it multi-touch would be better of course, but to describe it as a waste of time when it works in the same manner as a DS is fucking ludicrous. Plenty of scope there.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Wise tiger is wise.
    Get schwifty.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    They did this with Anniversary, which fucked up the T-Rex encounter royally.

God fucking dammit to all the fuck

Not playing it now.
  • But Dante described the screen being single touch as "a complete waste of time" when it quite obviously isn't. It being single touch still provides a wealth of opportunity for devs (just think of the minigames and QTEs!). Making it multi-touch would be better of course, but to describe it as a waste of time when it works in the same manner as a DS is fucking ludicrous. Plenty of scope there.

QTE's yay!

I meant in the sense that they got so far with it, and stopped short of the most obvious fucking thing to do with it. For one, if you have multi-touch, you can port over IOS games very easily, and bingo, you've got a ton of games to launch on the service.

A comparison with the DS is off, given the distance between the 2 screens is much further with the Wii U. Quite frankly, given how much this is adding to the cost of the thing, I'd rather have no screen on the controller and make it cheaper than have a single touch screen.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Can you amend the OP with the dates and times of the various presentations?

Alas, no. I'm happy for Peter to make any modifications that are requested though.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • As in it's not possible to do?
  • Comparing to a DS misses Mod's point, that craning your neck all over the place looking between the 2 screens will be horrible.  In fact, looking at the controller sounds awful, period.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    What about using it on the go?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Or in place of a tv, for example, if mrs reg is wanting to watch something?
  • It should also have a slot for bread in case you want to make some toast but somebody else is already using the toaster.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!