The Last Of Us
  • Because you don't deserve it I guess?
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fuck you Bob.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • :D
  • Looked amazing from a context sensitive point of view. Although I simply dont believe any of this shit until I actually play games with my own chubby digits these days.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Writing something on this game, based in part on the criticisms I've seen here and elsewhere.
  • three1ne wrote:
    Looked amazing from a context sensitive point of view. Although I simply dont believe any of this shit until I actually play games with my own chubby digits these days.

I'd be more suspicious if Uncharted didn't already do this kind of thing superbly.
  • I am firmly in the "this will be amaze and fuck anyone who thinks otherwise" camp.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I've jut had a mate call me and he said he's watched an interview with one of the ND team and he spoke abut the gameplay trailer.

Apparently the monsters are still in it (gutted) and the section we saw could be tackled a number of different ways (excite), there is a behind closed doors session coming up soon...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    What's the point of behind closed door showings again? Surely more hype is only a good thing in (most) people's minds?
  • More control on what details get out I guess.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Allegedly one of the things occurring behind the said closed doors will be an extended play of the chapter featured in the video where some of the alternate paths/choices will be shown.
  • As long as things seem as tightly controlled as Uncharted, I don't mind choices being introduced. Have never really played a game where choices brought much of anything to the party though.
  • I'd be more suspicious if Uncharted didn't already do this kind of thing superbly.

Uncharted had amazing context sensitive animation during set pieces and when navigating the scenery but it didnt do context sensitive fighting.

Thats what im interested in. How many ways can you tackle each enemy? Whats the AI like?
  • Did it not have context sensitive stuff in the fights in 3?
  • I might be misunderstanding you.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It did. Though the majority of of which I saw in the opening pub brawl and they were only during specific fisticuffs only bits. Everything else I always happened to beat the shite out of someone just out of the magical radius in which to show them off.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Regarding animation I'd like to see a main character who isn't a parkour elite, somebody who would struggle to leap through an open window after climbing up a dumpster, somebody who would think twice about jumping from a roof to a precarious looking drainpipe, somebody who could get over a 6' wall but would take more than one cat-like majestic sweeping leap to clear it. I want my character's animation to be more like, well, me...
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Regarding animation I'd like to see a main character who isn't a parkour elite, somebody who would struggle to leap through an open window after climbing up a dumpster, somebody who would think twice about jumping from a roof to a precarious looking drainpipe, somebody who could get over a 6' wall but would take more than one cat-like majestic sweeping leap to clear it. I want my character's animation to be more like, well, me...
    Why?
  • Sounds a bit like Kane & Lynch.
  • Will get this.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    I want my character's animation to be more like, well, me...

Werent you complaining that Mr Max Payne didnt run fast enough?
    Did it not have context sensitive stuff in the fights in 3?
    I havent played much of 3 (dont own a ps3) but I believe most of that stuff wasnt dynamic. It was very well done but effectively quicktime events.

Basically, from whats been betrayed so far - The Last Of Us's close-quarters gameplay combat looks like Uncharted's quicktime events without the quicktime element = basically amazing.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Not that I know of, I thought the animation in Max Payne was the best I've seen...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah he does move like a middle-aged hack drunkard.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Why?

Whilst I wouldn't want this for every game, I see the appeal of the odd one doing this. We're always a superhero. Occasionally, being just some guy way over his head could be fun.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    An RPG where your MC's stats are all fixed at a pathetic 1 and you just manage everyone else's god given gifts.
  • three1ne wrote:
    I havent played much of 3 (dont own a ps3) but I believe most of that stuff wasnt dynamic. It was very well done but effectively quicktime events. Basically, from whats been betrayed so far - The Last Of Us's close-quarters gameplay combat looks like Uncharted's quicktime events without the quicktime element = basically amazing.
    There were bits in Uncharted 3 where you could clobber folks with different bits and pieces, depending on where you were threw them, brought the fight. Fish market was one. They were definitely restricted though, and there was quite a bit of the quicktime stuff - though integrated in a way that ended up turned the standard mashing of square into a beautifully animated and involved mashing of square. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

@Dante: I guess so. It all comes down to how it's done. I felt Uncharted had the right mix of that. In a game where spectacular things happen, your character is eventually going to have be spectacular. Max Payne was also interesting in that way. He is very fragile for one, takes knocks very hard and moves slowly. Nice contrast with the bullet time.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Not that I know of, I thought the animation in Max Payne was the best I've seen...

It is. 
    I agree with your point though. We've all been superduperheros for too long. It would be nice to be someone who really had to battle. Although the game mechanics and controls would have to be perfect to avoid frustration. 

May be a Call of Duty where you arent weapon trained and spray in a 180degree cone...
  • I agree with your point though. We've all been superduperheros for too long. It would be nice to be someone who really had to battle. Although the game mechanics and controls would have to be perfect to avoid frustration.
    That's the trick.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I'm not sure it's even that, it's avoiding feeling cheap. i.e. Max Payne 3.
  • @Dante: I guess so. It all comes down to how it's done. I felt Uncharted had the right mix of that. In a game where spectacular things happen, your character is eventually going to have be spectacular. Max Payne was also interesting in that way. He is very fragile for one, takes knocks very hard and moves slowly. Nice contrast with the bullet time.

I think that yes, it's likely to be a little more difficult to execute, and possibly a reason why we've not really seen it. That said, there's nothing special about Heavy Rain's Ethan Mars.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!