The Last Of Us
  • I look forward to (not) finding that out as I get back to that next week.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I'm surprised they think this needs monsters.

The idea for the game kinda sprang from that though.
  • Shit idea then.
  • Well, not monsters per se, but humans being infected by some virus or other that one of them saw doing the same to ants on Planet Earth.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    The fact this isn't another zombie game is one of the things that has me most interested.
  • I like zombies.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • So do I but there have been so many of them recently.
  • There can't be enough. I've only had one zombie game that scratched my itch. Need another. Doing zombies straighter leads to the question, why not do it without zombies? And that is answered by remembering zombies are fucking awesome.
  • I'd rather just an end of the world thing where the enemies are people. Not that Zombies don;t have a place. But I like the idea of civilization collapsing being enough.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'd rather just an end of the world thing where the enemies are people. Not that Zombies don;t have a place. But I like the idea of civilization collapsing being enough.

Yup. I very much hope this is I Am Alive done right.
  • I take it you got that then? Not quite what was hoped for?
  • Not fungis to be around.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Zombies are still fine by me, but they need to be the slow shufflers not these sprinting posers.
  • Aye, I feel similar. If they can even so much as jog it's not a zombie.
  • Dead Rising tickled me right, but on the comedy/gore patrol front, not the horror one. Would like a super intense modern story focused zombie go, and do not think anything is lost as far as ability to comment on end of world, humanity blah, how we work in future ok?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I take it you got that then? Not quite what was hoped for?

No, I played the demo and the idea was great but the execution was too clunky.
  • The early Res Evil games pissed me off no end when halfway through a switch between normal zombies and some new ridiculous game spoiling new enemy appeared. 1st game. Giant frogs. GIANT FROGS?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hunters? They're what you save all those shotgun shells for!
  • Looks great fun and beautiful although I did wince at the violence (strange considering i dont flinch a bit at max payne's) - i think its possibly cause of the girl's reactions, makes me think like there are other options for navigating a space almost possibly like the girl could gather an opinion about you depending on how you play. That would be pretty cool.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    three1ne wrote:
    The early Res Evil games pissed me off no end when halfway through a switch between normal zombies and some new ridiculous game spoiling new enemy appeared. 1st game. Giant frogs. GIANT FROGS?
    If Resi had of stuck to just normal zombies I'd have been there at every iteration rather than just the first and one brief foray into Zero...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    ...makes me think like there are other options for navigating a space...
    The devs have already said that this is the case, it's been posted in here somewhere.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:
    ...makes me think like there are other options for navigating a space...
    The devs have already said that this is the case, it's been posted in here somewhere.

well i think i was more getting at how the girl companion reacts to that, and you, as the game continues, and if it has any effect on the outcome later on
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I think she keeps her clothes on.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Priorities.

I think what made the violence a bit harder to swallow (for me at least) was the guy going "Don't!" before the trigger is pulled.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'd love to see the day when your actions affect something, anything.

From what I gather there is generally nothing to be gained from either shooting or not shooting a NPC (apart from the end bloke in Max Payne 3, if you let stumpy live you get an achievement) nothing to try and instow some morals into the people playing. The worst case has got to be online, nobody has come up with any suitable detterent to team killing, nothing at all to make the offending player feel any kind of remorse. I've always put this complete lack of compassion down to the intellect of the person playing as I simply cannot think of any other reason where an individual is not only OK but takes delight in team killing or likewise going through a level blasting anybody they come across. I felt nothing for the infamous Airport level but I felt utter rage when my cousin was killed in GTA IV and I not only wanted revenge but I actively changed my game style to hunt down and kill the people responsible, I suppose this shows how difficult it is for he devs to get this blaance right.

Anyway back to the Last Of Us, I too would have killed the man that said 'Don't' simply because I myself think that he would have killed us the minute our back turned.
  • well,i think my point was resoundly missed *wanders off*
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    I'd love to see the day when your actions affect something, anything. From what I gather there is generally nothing to be gained from either shooting or not shooting a NPC (apart from the end bloke in Max Payne 3, if you let stumpy live you get an achievement) nothing to try and instow some morals into the people playing. The worst case has got to be online, nobody has come up with any suitable detterent to team killing, nothing at all to make the offending player feel any kind of remorse. I've always put this complete lack of compassion down to the intellect of the person playing as I simply cannot think of any other reason where an individual is not only OK but takes delight in team killing or likewise going through a level blasting anybody they come across. I felt nothing for the infamous Airport level but I felt utter rage when my cousin was killed in GTA IV and I not only wanted revenge but I actively changed my game style to hunt down and kill the people responsible, I suppose this shows how difficult it is for he devs to get this blaance right. Anyway back to the Last Of Us, I too would have killed the man that said 'Don't' simply because I myself think that he would have killed us the minute our back turned.

Teamkilling is just was/is just funny you weirdo. It needs little analysis past the young delinquant taking fun in mischief. I still enjoy it from time to time.Or more subtle forms of griefing.
  • Ps3 games with Last in the title probably shouldn't be announced until they're done.

ffs.

I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!