Day Z
  • Skez the guys i'm gonna be playing with will be aussies, might be a good while from now (game might even hit beta) but you're welcome to muck in
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Arma 2 CO is 30 beans on Steam.  Might do.  Are they 'farkin cunt' Aussies or the good kind?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • They're proper rad nerdy aussies, ones a model seemingly on the rise, you can shoot shit with him bout workouts. gays
  • Just who you need on your team in a Zombie Apocalypse then.

:D

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I'm jumping on now if anyone's about.
  • I can be on in about half an hour or so.

We could take up Elmlea on his kind offer to use the MC mumble server for chat. The Steam voice can be a bit crap and hopefully there will be more able to join. Lazy gunn, pull your finger out and join us. :-]
  • Anyone around for this, this evening/tonight? Played a little today and got myself some decent weapons and a fair bit of supplies/better backpack. Now I needs me some help to defend them.
  • I WANT TO BE.

Also, did you get the mumble details?
  • Oh this sounds like my kind of shizzle!! But I dont have a PC :( buttsticks.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I WANT TO BE. Also, did you get the mumble details?
    Nah, we haven't really gotten a group together yet but if we do i'd definately like to try it out.
  • I'm about this weekend if anyone is up for playing this.
  • I'll join you if you're playing tonight?

If you're on before me i'm somewhere north of Green Mountain (I think, it was dark and I got turned around a bit) if you wanna start heading that way so we can meet up easily. It's an easy landmark to find because there's a huge radio tower on the peak of the mountain.
  • Sorry, jet lag got the better of me last night...

Anyway, just done the most epic journey from Tulga to Green Mountain.  Was all going pretty smoothly until a zombie somehow managed to see me from a good 500m away near Rogovo.  I thought it would be a good idea to get him to chase me into a building to make it easier to shoot him but couldn't find a building that I could enter.  Eventually due to all my running around I end up with like 50 of the fuckers chasing me.  The server zombie count goes up to around 800 to compensate for the Zs chasing me I think.

I eventually leg it to the radio tower, close all the doors behind me and climb up the ladder and slowly picked them all off as they got to the top.  Didn't realise that they could climb ladders, the last time I tried something like this they just stayed at the bottom.  Luckily I had enough bullets to finish them off.  Over 100 zombies killed on my journey to the tower.

Hopefully you're still in the area...
  • I just bought Operation Arrowhead, so I'm looking forward to trying this out :)
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • I never knew you needed Arma II as well as OA :( This free mod is turning out to be much more expensive than I'd hoped.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • I think you can just use the free, demo version of Arma 2.
  • Nexx wrote:
    Hopefully you're still in the area...
    Yeah, never played yesterday so still pretty close. I got the exact same thing first time they started chasing me up a ladder. The 'I'll just run for a minutes to save a little time' nearly always ends up in spending 20 minutes fighting them off/dying. Nice job keeping alive.

Let me know when you'll be playing again.

I never knew you needed Arma II as well as OA :( This free mod is turning out to be much more expensive than I'd hoped.
    :-(

Did you buy it direct off Steam? (i.e. no chance of a refund?)

As LarryDavid says, you can use the free version of Arma II for now albiet with somewhat crappier graphics, then pick up Arma II when it's cheap.
  • Let me know when you'll be playing again.

Will definitely be on this evening from around 7:30ish but could also probably play nearly any time up to then if you're about.
  • Ok, will be on in 15 minutes.
  • Alright.  I'm idling in the Minecraft Mumble server atm.
  • I never knew you needed Arma II as well as OA :( This free mod is turning out to be much more expensive than I'd hoped.
    :-( Did you buy it direct off Steam? (i.e. no chance of a refund?) As LarryDavid says, you can use the free version of Arma II for now albiet with somewhat crappier graphics, then pick up Arma II when it's cheap.

Yeah, I got them both off Steam. Ah well, I'll still play Arma II and OA as well as the mod. It's my own fault for not properly researching it, haha.
  • Been trying for about two hours to get into a game on this and just get a variety of error messages. Already sick of it before even getting in game.
  • Managed to get on this for an hour or so tonight. I don't think I "get" it. I was just bored to death on it, running aimlessly through fields of nothing in the darkness.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Have you linked up with any other human players yet?
    The darkness is a bit overwhelming at first.  First thing I did was run towards light, no matter how far away it was.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • I've played with Nexx a couple of times now. It can take hours for anything to happen but when it does it's very tense. Mostly we've spent hours trying to find each other, getting lost and hit by zombies due to lag/bugs. I've also played alone and with other random players (best to try and team up with randoms early 'cas 9/10 times they'll just shoot you.

Oh yeah, and Armas night times aren't just dark they're DARK. Not so much of a problem when you've night vision goggles but starting off you really wanna be playing in the light. Just try and find another server with reverse time.
  • Right, okay. I'll give it a whirl when it's day time. I really don't like the whole engine of Arma though, even walking feels clunky as hell and the shooting is terrible. Although I'm probably just too used to COD/Battlefield.
  • RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    I cant understand all the night-hate. I cant find other people during the day but with all the flares going up at night its easier to meet up and form groups.
    I was stranded on a hospital roof for an hour last night, no ammo and surrounded by zombies of course, and only got down because a group of people saw my flare and cleared the place out.
  • It was just the first time I'd played so it was pretty daunting. Had another hour or so on it today and managed to hide in a warehouse for most of it whilst zombies surrounded it. As soon as I left they attacked me and then I died.

I would never survive a zombie apocalypse. Unless it was created in a different game engine that isn't clunky as hell.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!