Every Month is Metal Month Solid
  • Ahh gotcha, my bad.

I have no idea as I did not know there was drama ref it, its just a game ain't it, & Koj one at that.  God knows what goes through his mind.  Only really come here & a few Youtubers for gaming info, so I must of missed the www shitstorm if there was one.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Don't think it was that big a ruckus, but some debate was had.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    People objected to a vag bomb because it was seen as too crude and snuffy for a Koj game where he also tries to look at serious goings on in places like Guantanamo Bay.

But the shitting in a barrel was alright? :p

Looking forward to MGS5 anyway, liked the gameplay I saw of GZ and despite having it, can't be bothered booting it up.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is it more about where it was planted? Because misogyny or something? I genuinely don't fully get the way it all kicked off about it.

Bumping off a female character to progress a male character's arc is a trope, there's a name for it but I can't remember it right now, something to do with comic books I think.

So that on its own would set some off, but the rape torture and fannybomb just sent it into another realm. All so the player thinks that the guy called Skull Face, who has a skull for a face, is not a sound chap.

Add it to all the other times Kojima has came off as a bit of a creep when it comes to women and you've got a bit of a bitter pill to swallow if you want to enjoy his games.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Shitting in a barrel is never alright. Johnny can fuck off too.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You can argue what's worse is that one of the tapes involves Chico being forced to rape Paz.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Then there's some kind of weird Stockholm syndrome where they have consensual sex in their cages and it's just fucking off.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Some of the dialogue of the prisoners line deliveries gets me in the feels.

"CAN YOU GET ME TO A PHONE?"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I looked it up, it's called Fridging.

I'd not even give a shit it he did just blow Paz up to make Big Boss a bit disgruntled, Fridge away, it's the weird sexual nature to all of it that makes me vom in my mouth.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah I've zero idea what's going on in anything Koj produces apart from I'm normally Snake but one time I was Raiden and something something Big Boss really. Not aware he has a shitty attitude to women.
  • Finished off the 2 extra missions in GZ last night which I had unlocked finding the XOF patches, enjoyed the last one. Halfway through the Zardo hunt on Peace Walker(which has come close to knocking Snake Eater off its perch for me), but may half to park it has PP landed on the doormat this morn(at last) & the hype/need to crack on with it is proving to much.  Day off tomorrow, time to cane the fecker I reckon & keep PW on the bedside cabinet.

Really looking forward to it, been a while since a game has got me this hyped.
  • I started Peace Walker today. Going to have to chow down on it on Vita because fucked if I can find time at home to finish it.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Ok, so Ive beaten the first boss thing (just a tank) and its pretty good. I think controls on a vita are obviously a bit tricky, but with analog stick 2 used for camera it is relatively similar to console.

Only problem is crouch and weapon/item select/action buttons are all on the d-pad. Not too much of an issue if you're careful but I can imagine it will cause a few issues in tight situations.

Fultoning (thats a verb now) is amazing.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Up to some thing called Puppa. What a fun game this is. Simplified CQC but still really enjoyable.
  • I know Im the only one playing this now so I'm just going to see if I can hit 10 consecutive on-topic posts and keep it going from there.

Ive gotten up to the second AI controlled boss in the Mayan style ruins arena. The story is getting a bit absurd even for MGS, and the stealth is really MGS lite. Kind of like going back to MGS1 after playing Subsistence. 

I want to Fulton everything.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Youl have fun trying to stealth the vehicle boss fights so you can steal them.
  • I did that with the first helicopter. Had to do it again after it got blown up in Outer Ops. Mosin Nagant, whispering this, is the end...
  • Is that the zzz sniper. I had good times with that.
  • Yep. Two shots through the open helicopter canopy nets a safe capture of the hind.
  • Vela wrote:
    Yep. Two shots through the open helicopter canopy nets a safe capture of the hind.
    I am on peace walker for my commutes to work and PP for when I get home.
    peace walker is fun, just a shame you can't crawl.
    Also tempted to go back to snake eater again, I have the Mrs bug bad.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Do you know how in old metal gears there was a benefit to tranqs on bosses as opposed to killing. Is there anything similar in V?

The best I can tell is that using tranqs will basically avoid the regeneration shield being applied. I'm basing this on
    Spoiler:
  • Right, did the second AI boss fight today and it was actually quite easy. Then had to stealth the first chopper again because it got destroyed in outer ops a second time! 

Did this game introduce batman takedowns before batman arkham games did?
  • I don't give a fuck it's September.

I'm playing metal gear 2 at the moment. MSX og classics. I'm at a point where I have to follow a green hat man around. Fucking hell it's so finicky and boring. So easy to fuck up but not really difficult.

Still some fun bits and bobs even at first boss
    for mgsv story nuts.
  • Been back on my 360 this week. Realised today I still haven't played through Peace Walker. I think I couldn't really be bothered straight after 2 and 3 and gave up on it. There was some confusion over how to use the Fulton thing (press Y next to unconscious guard, it said - it didn't work, turns out you have to select it from the menu first), and I wasn't in the mood.

Anyway, started again today and got into the proper missions. Fulton is a particularly neat idea - I enjoyed whisking everyone off in the first mission, and it beats lugging bodies around the place. 

I will give this a proper go this time.
  • Well, currently nearing the end* of Peace Walker.

Issues and impressions so far.

On Outer Ops
    Spoiler:
    On Extra Ops
    Spoiler:
    On the titular boss battle
    Spoiler:
    On development of a certain machine
    Spoiler:
    All in all, good fun. Going to start going through all the briefing tapes Ive missed so far. Don't want to miss out on the story otherwise there is no point. Playing this to completion then Ground Zeroes hopefully.

edit: yes, got the 
    Spoiler:
  • I've started watching a 3 hour long YouTube video of the story/cutscenes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Don't miss the proper ending in PW post PW fight.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Don't miss the proper ending in PW post PW fight.

I'm aware it exists. I assume the game tells you what to do to get it?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I think you have to complete most extra ops until Kaz tells you Zadornov has escaped. Then you need to complete his missions.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yerp that's it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!