Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I was better than Dubs when he first started posting about Trials. Within six weeks he'd nearly beaten everything I'd set since launch.

I now see leading on one or two tracks as a great victory.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I remember just having King of the Hill but then I got all serious like.

Hello, someone play multiplayer with me.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll hit you up for some MP if you're about Friday mate.
  • We've all used The Scorpion, it's just technique :)

I had another go after taking on board all the advice, and managed to just pip Adored. Yaaaaaaasssssss!!!
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I'd like that DS, decent players are few and far between in matchmaking, I should probably adjust the sliders but it already takes long enough to find people.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    I'd like that DS, decent players are few and far between in matchmaking, I should probably adjust the sliders but it already takes long enough to find people.

I have it set to the lowest on both, purely due to my NAT being a bitch 'til I opened it.

Be warned, I'll be goodish competition up 'til 12 or so, then when the drink kicks in it all becomes a haze.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    We've all used The Scorpion, it's just technique :)
    I had another go after taking on board all the advice, and managed to just pip Adored. Yaaaaaaasssssss!!!

Cap doffed sir!
  • Ha! I just finished Dark City Run in multi-player with 0 faults and a time of 1:11:138

I wish that was worth more points or something. :(

Will post a picture at some point for posterity. It doesn't show the track though, which is a shame.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm still waiting for the effing patch so I can play Hardcore MP.
  • I can't choose it either - I sometimes get it randomly when I choose quickplay.
  • I'll try to play some multiplayer with you guys on Friday. I'm preparing to feel extremely humble.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bagsy 3rd.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Guys, how about this as the next track? Bit technical, some speed, can always go a bit harder a bit further down the line:

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Or this if you do want harder:

I'll let y'all pick, no playing til the next comp begins though :D
  • Sawmill looks good.  Both tracks look decent once the run has been learned, but I'd wager of the 23ish players in this comp, a fair few would struggle to 0 fault those tracks.  I mean no disrespect to those still learning the bike, but something harder than Quick Moto yet easier than either of those might make more sense.  I gave Voodoo a quick go a couple of weeks ago and I'd say it's comparable in difficulty to Truth is Out There (the first extreme track), which is a bit harsh on those outside the top 10.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The problem I find though, is having it too easy can also be a problem as a few of us just blast through it without a hindrance. I know it's about getting a balance, but it took me half an hour of downloading just to find a barely manageable Easy effort such as Quick Moto, which still had a few frustrating flaws.

EDIT: Howevs, Moot, if ye wanna have a scan tomorrow at a few easier efforts, feel free to pick the track as I'd rather have played it before picking it to get a feel and such, which I can't currently.
  • It's catch-22 I suppose.  I'm just worried people will throw the towel if we go too extreme.
  • EDIT: Howevs, Moot, if ye wanna have a scan tomorrow at a few easier efforts, feel free to pick the track as I'd rather have played it before picking it to get a feel and such, which I can't currently.

I'm off work tomorrow as I'm keeping an eye on a poorly dog, so I'll be able to spend a good hour or so looking for suggestions if that's cool with everyone else?  I'll also upload the final standings in the morning.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This is good but I've already played it (last I checked I was 1st globally, but that's about 2 weeks back):

If you can 0-faults Archipelago (ignoring the hand bit, natch) you can easily 0-fault this. I'm happy to use it as I'll set to to beat my time if anyone passes it.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'm off work tomorrow as I'm keeping an eye on a poorly dog, so I'll be able to spend a good hour or so looking for suggestions if that's cool with everyone else?  I'll also upload the final standings in the morning.

Yeah, go for it chap :D

Try Rock Pool, genuinely. It's a good track (ever so slightly frustrating opening jump aside).
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Gave up trying to beat my time as I got hooked on Gigatrack.

I'll happily try anything - opportunity to learn new stuff innit?
  • I know in late to this but add me for the next round please!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Rock Pool looks excellent.  I'm gonna have a browse now, then add Gremil.  Djornson, I think I've already got you on my FL, because I remember thinking how good you are at the game despite a comparatively short amount of gametime.  I'm worried about a champions league spot now....
  • Yes i have you zooming ahead of me on some tracks. If you could see my game time on Trials HD it might explain it somewhat. Not as much as some but probably at least 4 days.
  • Just had a mess about on some tracks, but ran out of batteries in the pad before I could upload the leaderboard.  Gonna take the dog round the block while it's on quickcharge.

A track called Neoshpere caught my eye.  I managed to 0 fault it pretty soon after the first full run, and it also seems like a track where the best bike might not be quite so clear cut.  It's classed as medium, isn't overly long, and I don't think it's particularly tricky (some bits in the vid might look awkward but it feels pretty straightforward - the front flip near the end is purely a time saver).  Plus my run is 10 seconds off 1st place so it's not like I've hammered it. 

I'll post another two suggestions, then see what the feedback is before we choose from the vids myself and DS have linked to.  Hopefully we'll have a decision by early evening so we can get going.
  • All very cool but i vote for Sawmill Run so far. I'm put off Neosphere slightly because of the moving track bits.
  • Not every track has to be great :)

Neosphere looks fun though. In fact, I'd be happy with any of the tracks, why not just go through them in order?
  • Sawmill looks like the best track so far, I agree, it's just a question of everyone being cool with DS previously topping the leaderboards.  I'm fine with it, because he'd be there or thereabouts soon enough anyway.  I'm gonna post another two tracks, mainly because I was enjoying the search, but I'll add a vote for Sawmill because of the tracks posted it's the one i'd most like to put hours into.  I still reckon it's a bit intense for the second week though.

Edit: No wait, I meant Rock Pool.
  • The results are in, after an epic first week:

img2012051501018.jpg
    img2012051501020.jpg

Well done all. 

Gremil, friend request pending (I'm CyberRazorCut on XBL).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!