Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I mentioned it to Moot, I dunno. I 'spose if he doesn't post, its only fair not to include him.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    JRPC wrote:
    Hey i dont see me on that list! I swear you're on my FL tho? Think im 5th on my list, but that was late last night
    I could've sworn you're on my FL.  Lemme check... Nope.  I just sent an invite, says your list is full.
    Curse my overwhelming popularity!

Freed up some special space just for you. Invite sent.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Olimite wrote:
    Why can't he post here? Just curious.

I did ask him, he's never really been bothered with forums.  As far as I know he's never joined one.  I've tried to point out that he's missing out, but as long as he's got Cracked.com and an XBL connection I think he's happy.
  • Update: JRPC is 8th, and Lt Pidgeon is 20th.  I don't think Oli's played it yet. 

I won't bother taking another screenshot, but will upload the final standings on Tuesday.
  • 11th place. I want to at least get in the top 10.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot, tell him to join or I will systematically go through every time he's leading me on and absolutely destroy it.
  • Woo! Not last!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I'm still in shock that I'm 6th! I haven't got anywhere near that time since!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Moot, tell him to join or I will systematically go through every time he's leading me on and absolutely destroy it.

That might work. 

Just had a few goes on Scandinavian Summer to see what all the fuss is about.  Everyone's replay is fucked atm, but I managed to work out a decent line pretty quickly.  I've nipped ahead of Stormy too, so my Trials manpride is restored for now.
  • Check out Spark Plug Moot, it's a good medium technical track. I'd struggle to get into the top ten if it were used for this comp.

@Aaron: That was a cracking run, super smooth round the first bend.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Moot, tell him to join or I will systematically go through every time he's leading me on and absolutely destroy it.
    That might work.  Just had a few goes on Scandinavian Summer to see what all the fuss is about.  Everyone's replay is fucked atm, but I managed to work out a decent line pretty quickly.  I've nipped ahead of Stormy too, so my Trials manpride is restored for now.

Scandi Summer is perfect, problem is I already know the optimum line.
  • I think I'm done for this week actually. Tried for an hour to improve my score, but I couldn't even get to within a second of my previous one :\
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Same problem here, I can get near it no worries, but there's always something that makes me miss out by .1 or less.
  • The jump just before the initial tight right hander is a nightmare. What bikes do you use?
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Check out Spark Plug Moot, it's a good medium technical track. I'd struggle to get into the top ten if it were used for this comp. @Aaron: That was a cracking run, super smooth round the first bend.

I've been doing just that for the past 45 minutes.  Marginally beat Paul The Sparky.  A great track, it definitely wouldn't be out of place - in terms of quality - in the main game.

Edit: @ LtPidgeon: Everyone is using the Scorpion for Quick Moto.  The Phoenix is for the more technical tracks, the Scorpion is built for speed.
  • @LtPidgeon: Use the Scorpion 450. It's worth watching replays of the top few guys so you can see which line/lines they take, then try them out for yourself. 

The first corner was the worst part for me, getting a smooth run round there took ages to figure out. Even with the help of replays.
  • I'm not on that list waaaaah. I'll add you or you add me, moot/cyber?
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Hello, this is a suprise.
    The janitor.
  • I'm not on that list waaaaah. I'll add you or you add me, moot/cyber?

There's a friend request waiting for you.
  • last place dammYEAH
  • I've shaved the tiniest fraction off again.
    Aaaaand, played Scandi Summer to death. It is a fucking great track. Pity I find the shortcut such a PITA to hit.
  • I've got a decent time in me somewhere, just need to hook it all up properly. Shaved a few tenths off my time last night, but still ballsed up a couple of bits.

Think I'm pushing forward too soon on the jumps and not getting the height I need.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    voices wrote:
    Aaaaand, played Scandi Summer to death. It is a fucking great track. Pity I find the shortcut such a PITA to hit.

Well that's that then, it can't be next track really considering half my friends list has played it quite a bit.
  • That's definitely the kind of track we should be looking for though. Reasonably easy to no fault, but with lots of scope for improving times. There's nothing wrong with having the odd novelty thrown in though.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I can't get the final third of this course working, although I haven't put too much time in so far... I can usually stay in contention in the first third, am thereabouts in the middle, then fall behind from the steep hill onwards!
  • Hi, can you add me in as well? My gamer-tag is the same as username here: tomato_plan.
    Thanks.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    it would probably be best to try and pick a newly published track each week to help give everyone a fair chance given that everyone will be starting on the track afresh... might be harder to pick a genuinely good track though
  • That track is too hard as I don't have the Scorpion 450. It's not fair.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon

Puts me well outside the top 10. Maybe if I stick some more time into it I can shave a few tenths off and scrape into the top 10 but don't think I'll bother. Most of the track seems to be hoping you don't hit one of the weird snags, or you don't get too fucked up by the bumps at the end. 

I've seen how DS does it and its well beyond me.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I was thinking, for the next track, we can try something a lot more technical, but very rewarding.

I'm currently playing Real Trials Comp by OoOoOomonkey for another weekly comp, and once you get over the seemingly impossible feeling at first, it's a stunning track. If people want to try it and let me know it'd be appreciated. Try that track though, he has four so we'd use another if it's accepted.

It takes patience, timing, and skill. I ballsed up a 0 fault run last night, currently sat on 3 faults after an hour.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!