CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Well there goes my evening. Spent it hollowing out a mountain. lol!

I found a lovely shear rock face, probably 200 cubes high, so i decided i wanted to use that as a side wall to my inevitable fortress. Cue lots of falling to my death from makeshift single cube scaffolds/stairs as i cleared the unwanted dirt bricks. lol!

Bound to dream of blocks tonight.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    temporary-18.jpg
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Absolutely brilliant. Badger Lodge is go, but I need to stop getting killed and losing my shit.

The game runs smoothly, and the save system is excellent. I lost connection from Frantic and Mod just as I was picking up some diamonds. I thought I'd have to jump back in without my gear, back at the spawn, but when I got back in I was exactly where I was when I disconnected with all of my items in my inventory.

I know the PC brigade arent happy with the map size, but to me it was fucking massive. There isn't any danger of me hitting the edge of the map any time soon, the furthest I got was the next valley over to get some snowballs to fling at Mod.
  • Just spent 4 hours playing this with a couple of mates who are completely new to Minecraft. They're still going but I suddenly realised I had to be up for work in 4 hours :(

It may not be up to the PC release but it is still incredible fun.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yup, excellent fun. The save seems superb, you can jump back in with all your stuff no problem. 

Was an absolute joy to play it running so smoothly, actually seeing the moon etc!

Can't wait to jump back on and start building.
  • I'm still baulking at this because £15 is a lot when I have a more fully-featured version of the same game on my Mac, with a persistent world.

Is there anything that should really make me want it more?  I want to want it, if you know what I mean.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I wouldn't bother if you have a pc that runs it fine.

It is a hell of a lot more relaxed playing it lay on the sofa than it was hunched over a laptop though!

Brilliant version, just not the full one. I barely played past this version on pc anyway so don't feel I'm missing as much as others would.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    After losing basically my entire nights worth of collecting diamonds, ore and little red things I learnt a valuable lesson in not jumping around like a dick next to lava.
  • So far the smoothness and general quality of it make me want to get it.  I think I might need to think of it as an Animal Crossing-alike, where everyone has their own village, and I can travel around and make a home in each as and when they're available.

I'm trying to convince myself, you can probably see that.  I guess in some ways, a bunch of smaller dwellings to work on almost randomly, plus my own map for when no-one else is on, might be a nice change of pace from the full-up PC version...?
  • FranticPea wrote:
    It is a hell of a lot more relaxed playing it lay on the sofa than it was hunched over a laptop though! Brilliant version, just not the full one. I barely played past this version on pc anyway so don't feel I'm missing as much as others would.

... and those are 2 good points in its favour.  There's still a place for the incredible creations possible in the PC version, but I actually like the idea of sitting there in front of the big TV listening to the gorgeous music.

Plus, as soon as hunger, experience etc entered the PC version I felt a bit lost.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Haha, sounds like you already convinced yourself Elm!

I honestly don't think the persistent thing will be an issue, especially for people that haven't played it that way before. The way they've implemented the multiplayer saves is excellent.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I've got nothing to compare it to but this is still a great 'game' regardless of whether there's a better version elsewhere. I can see that if you already had a copy with more stuff in it on another platform you wouldn't want to pay for a new incompatible one but from what I can see all the basics are there and plenty of other advanced stuff I've not even used yet. If you really like Minecraft why not have two different versions of it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh I went back recently and had no idea what was going on. I feel right at home on this version.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Erm.... I just had a thought. I think you might have to light a portal with a flint and steel to get it working. Can't remember. That might be the problem...
  • Mod74 wrote:
    After losing basically my entire nights worth of collecting diamonds, ore and little red things I learnt a valuable lesson in not jumping around like a dick next to lava.
    Ouch! 
    Yeah, I've karked it and lost my lovely shiny valuables so often that in my mind Minecraft is actually titled "Minecraft: Dealing with Loss and Regret".

I guess if people are logging in and playing whenever they see their mate is on and hosting their shared world then it's pretty much 90% of the way there. 
    Persistent server is pretty essential for everyone to construct insanely huge vanity projects - but every time we'd have a world reset on the Edge server it normally brought a lot of activity back to the game/server so I think it's that first survival instinct part of a fresh world that's my favourite bit -  so maybe the xbox version won't suffer too greatly from not having the offline persistence. I've kinda given up on the PC game for now - built a farm, am no good at designing castles so not that in love with the tower I built, no other projects on the go, got loads of diamond gold and stuff so don't really feel any motivation to do anything, comfort has bred laziness.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Exactly. Me, Mod and Sparkly were all within a minutes walk/dig/fall from each other so it felt a bit closer and tightly knit than the PC version. 

I look forward to seeing what updates happen. Skin changes would be nice, I was jealous of Sparkly looking like Gazza(appropriatly), and Mods lovely suit.
  • Yeah - the most fun bits of Minecraft for me were always the group activities - wandering about seeing people's awesome creations is cool, but I do regret setting up my homestead quite far from the B&B on the Edge server.

It's fun to explore a big map and stumble across different biomes and villages, strongholds and ravines etc., but most fun just messing about with mates, building stuff together and swearing about that fucking creeper that just took out the front wall.
  • Curtis wrote:
    Cue lots of falling to my death from makeshift single cube scaffolds/stairs as i cleared the unwanted dirt bricks. lol!

Dunno if it's the same as the PC but if you crouch you can 'peek' over the edges of blocks without falling off.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    And crouch is a click of the right stick if memory serves. Made building the first natty treehouse a sight easier; handy nightime platform away from any beasties, crafting table, bed. ZZZzzzz
    Off to sleep and then PISSING BUGGERING CHRIST… awake halfway through the night as a sodding skeleton has spawned right next to me. 
    This particular bug was originally suggested to be explained back in the day as having 'nightmares' but it happens all the bleedin time to me in this version. I'm fairy sure that it had been fixed by 1.8 so hopefully it'll be gone by the time O2 decide to fix their network and allow me back onto Live/PSN. Support have no idea when this will be currently…

edit: She's back?! No idea for how long but just enough time to grab some points and unlock Minecraft so far.. I've got far too much work to do for this shit. Diggy diggy…

edit2: Well Live lasted about 10mins before O2 killed it again. Minecraft lasted a bit longer. Shut. I still need to get plenty of work outta the way. Got lots more iron now, just need a bit more for some snazzy trousers..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I had a dream about building a giant soviet era tower block last night, which confused me till I realised why.

I then had a dream about the dog regurgitating three large balls of bread dough. I'm still confused by that one.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I got caught up in the o2 clusterfuck last night so didn't get online.

Still, I do have 9000MSP now so will download this tonight (providing I can get online).
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I just read an OXM article (would link but on mobile and signal is bad). It was with a lead developer of the Xbox version and said there'd be a photo sharing option, linked to Facebook.

Doesn't seem to have made it into this current version....
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    O2/Be are reportage some kind of resolution  to it all but it was still decidedly flakey for me. I should imagine it may have settled down again by this evening. Probably.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    I just read an OXM article (would link but on mobile and signal is bad). It was with a lead developer of the Xbox version and said there'd be a photo sharing option, linked to Facebook. Doesn't seem to have made it into this current version....

I'm sure I saw a Tweet from @majornelson who said otherwise.
  • SHIT!  Just noticed this.  I wouldn't have had it not been the mother of two next to me informing me that it was out so she could reclaim her work laptop from her son.  I gave up trying to run it on my laptop but missed building portaloos.  I'll wade through this thread later but quick question for the moment:  Can we have private villages like wot we did in Edgeworlds?
  • I'm assuming the answer is no but goddammit I can dream.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    By default it's a private village, the shared ones are other peoples you connect to when they're also playing.

It doesn't have the persistent always available worlds of the PC version.
  • Well that sucks.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Despite putting 100s of hours into the pc i version, I bought this last night.My laptop didnt run it that well so its nice to play it with no stuttering.My laptop always suffered when it rained so all good now.
    At first I was a bit scared about hearing the world is smaller,But I still managed to get lost.Got loads of cool loot but got impatient and landed up dying.

I at one point stood on a hill and on one side it was snowing, And on the other heavy rain with thunder and lightening!
    At that point on my laptop it probably would of blown up!
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I'll probably buy it anyway.  I just want to play it at more than 1fps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!