Minecraft - Xbox 360 Edition
  • I'm not sold on playing it with a controller yet, but it is very pretty.

Mod, does the full version start with the little village and castle, or is there a way to start with the traditional blank canvas?
  • Also, we've been running a forum server for a YEAR for this, I can't believe you didn't all come along and play on that.  Turn the draw distance down and it'll run on anything except Unlikely's laptop.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yeah, I played it to the end of the trial, then unlocked, and it asked me to unlock it again, and dumped me to the dash. If you want to buy it buy when it offers at the Achievement unlocked point. Or just run through the tutorial again, it letting you skip it should shortcut that.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Also, we've been running a forum server for a YEAR for this, I can't believe you didn't all come along and play on that.  Turn the draw distance down and it'll run on anything except Unlikely's laptop.

I think the answer is in the question, if I wanted to play games on my PC I would.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Dammit I'm not on until 8. Who's up for a bash tonight?
  • IMAG0476.jpg
    Seems a little steep to me.
  • Outstanding!
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It's only about $66mill… you didn't read about them breaking the traditional pricing structure for Minecraft then?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Dammit! Just looked on my 360 and it the cost under This Download was at -1 point.

Clicked on confirm download and got the same message as n0face.
  • I've just purchased it on the xbox webisite
  • I caved and bought it due to the deal on the Game site. YAY FOR WILLPOWER.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Gonna wait for my Rewards membership to come through tomorrow and then get my gold sub and buy Minecraft. Trials should keep me going until then.

Anyone answered the question about what you start with in the full version yet? Is it the same as the demo?
  • Procedurally generated map either random or with a geygen, the same as minecraft proper.
  • The tutorial in this is idiotic. Forcing you to do shit. The only reason people needed the wiki for the PC version was to find out the crafting recipes. The recipes are all done for you in this so there is no need for it at all. Stupidly obtrusive tutorial.
  • Reviews are fairly glowing. Can't be arsed to link but its a 9 from EG. Most people tend to be seeing the changes made to console from PC as a good thing to make a less bewildering, cultish game.

There is a map which fills out, a simplified crafting system and OTHER.

Sounds good but 1600 = no this month.
  • I just said no to all the tutorial and it seemed ok to me, although the element of confusion when something new drops and trying to figure it out will be lost for new players but I suppose they want it all nice and easy.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Reviews are fairly glowing. Can't be arsed to link but its a 9 from EG. Most people tend to be seeing the changes made to console from PC as a good thing to make a less bewildering, cultish game. There is a map which fills out, a simplified crafting system and OTHER. Sounds good but 1600 = no this month.

I was saying no at 1600, but that Game deal for £13.99 for 2100 points swayed me.

Playing this with my friend, I don't know if it's her connection (as she's hosting it) but it's laggy as fuck.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • I finished the tutorial but it's still popping up messages telling me what every single thing does. Along the lines of "this is a ladder you can climb it". No shit sherlock. Also, I changed the controls to option 2 which is more like how my controls are set up on PC and I nearly drowned because it was telling me LB swims up when it was actually RB.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Reviews are fairly glowing. Can't be arsed to link but its a 9 from EG. Most people tend to be seeing the changes made to console from PC as a good thing to make a less bewildering, cultish game. There is a map which fills out, a simplified crafting system and OTHER. Sounds good but 1600 = no this month.
    I was saying no at 1600, but that Game deal for £13.99 for 2100 points swayed me. Playing this with my friend, I don't know if it's her connection (as she's hosting it) but it's laggy as fuck.

Where is this deal?  I tried that and it just said "thanks for ordering Minecraft," so I cancelled it.
  • Olimite wrote:
    Game are selling Minecraft download which should be 1600msp but they actually send a 2100 point code for £13.99. Just bought one and can confirm. Best be quick though. http://www.game.co.uk/en/minecraft-170976?categoryIdentifier=151640&attributeName1=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB&attributeValue1=4294965768

This is the link Oli posted in the bargains thread - worked for me - 2100 points.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Details in the 'deal of the day' thread.
  • That link leads to a "whoops" page....?  Do I just buy Minecraft from Game or what?
  • Link still working fine for me, but yeah, should just be a case of buying Minecraft, and instead of a code for Minecraft you get a code for 2100 points.
  • Hmmm, I'm in two minds about whether to go for PC or this. Never bothered before as laptop was shit, but new one should manage to run it ok.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • TheDaddy wrote:
    Hmmm, I'm in two minds about whether to go for PC or this. Never bothered before as laptop was shit, but new one should manage to run it ok.

They're not the same game; so if it's a pure Minecraft experience you want, there's a lot more in the PC version.
  • Very interested to see if people coming to this for the first time fall in love with it and if so why.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    That link leads to a "whoops" page....?  Do I just buy Minecraft from Game or what?

Yeah, it's quite confusing, but it's just the 2100 points you get for £13.99.
  • I played for an hour or so and so far so mine craft. Its a pig to control and for some reason I dread the idea of having to really get mining. The stream lined crafting system seems to suit the console quite nicely.

If anybody fancies a bit of fun how about starting a world from "the bear and badger" seed and see what you can knock up tonight and post pics in the morning. Although as I type this I realise there isn't a screen shot option to show of your creations, this is going to take some getting used to.
  • Think I'll give this a miss.  I'm not an advocate of PC gaming by any means, but I can't see past the original tbh.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I like it, but it's not a patch on the PC version.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!