Fallout 4
  • How do you know it was the only key? They normally come in sets of two.

Last time I checked deus ex wasn't set in a single office I must have broken into 10 apartments where every one has the same laptop.

I get what your saying - clearly immersion may be subjective, who'd of thought, I'm saying it's something all games are guilty of.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I liked Fallout 4.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Got this, a few hours in. Bored as fuck already.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh well.

I had fun with it.
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm glad some people seemed to have liked it. So far, I really don't. But hey - horses for courses, innit.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Did you enjoy Fallout 3?
    Get schwifty.
  • I swore I would stop playing this. But have now switched to Bone with mods. Having a whale of a time settlement building on an offshore tug boat.

Skyrim HD may be on the horizon, but I sure am going to miss the FO4 crafting system. Returning to clutter items that are all pointless is going to be a difficult transition.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Put more time into this and I'm actually enjoying it now.

It's weird. It's buggy and, as a fallout game, it's terrible. Settlement building is janky and fiddly. Dialogue has been gutted. It's not an RPG anymore. Skills have been utterly gutted. Your character is very strictly defined. Missions are repetitive. Partner AI sucks a big dick, still. It is so fucking dour and lacks the slightest hint of humour. The area "bosses" are truly awful.

And yet - after starting again and not bothering to try to define my own character (because there's only really 3 choices (good, sarcastic or douche) and making sure my gun stats and endurance were high enough to make shooting untroublemsome, I started to quite like it. I couldn't actually recommend it to anyone and say they should play it, but I've found my groove and its good enough to keep me occupied- even if I am not sure where the actual "fun" is coming from.
  • Hard to disagree with much of what you say Child, but there is humour hidden in every corner of this game. Exploration is the key.

8k9WguT.jpg

By area bosses, I assume you mean Legendary enemies? Sure their health regeneration mechanic gets a bit tiresome. The challenge comes from trying to off them in one go.

Having played through the main story now three times, I've long since given up playing this as an RPG. I'm just refocusing on it as a FPS, collecting all that sweet junk to upgrade my arsenal and hunting down those teddy bears.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah, legendaries. I'm basically saving headshot criticals when I think one is coming up, then unloading on them sharpish. Enemy AI doesn't really seem attuned for shootouts though - legendaries mainly just walk forward at you reducing strategy to moving backwards, firing and taking stimpacks when necessary.

As for humour - yeah, I was a little unfair. I've seen some nice environmental jokes but the dialogue, Jesus...

Oh, and I HATE radial quests - I get a settler kidnapped every time I go back to sanctuary now and it's a timed quest so I either have to deal with it pronto or pay up. Guff.

Still, it must be doing something right to keep me playing.
  • Bethesda-Pinball-Tease.jpg

Oh go on then.
  • Since I'm playing this now, thought I'd pop in here and ask how important the whole base building and crafting bit is. Can I mostly ignore it and get on with the game, or are things balanced that I'm going to be fucked if I don't?

Also, where the fuck am I meant to keep my occasional use weapons and outfits? Everything seems to be one big magic container.

And why the hell is my dog packing?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If the settlement building isn't your bag then it can safely be ignored.
    Get schwifty.
  • I think there's a few missions that require you to build some stuff

but other wise it's all optional.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have no idea or interest where my base is. Nor those stupid armor suits.
  • Would it have made a difference if I'd said no to the minuteman guy at the start?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You can't.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Actually, I'm thinking of a different character so never mind.
  • I'm going to do a restart and find out. It's not like I've done much.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You mean the guy at the door at the very beginning?
  • Bases you have to do the opening missions then you can ignore them.
    You will need an armour suit thing later by no real need to collect them.
  • Kow wrote:

No, the dude that's all "we're going to walk slowly over there and build a settlement and you're going to help us." Preston, or something like that, IIRC.
  • Bases you have to do the opening missions then you can ignore them. You will need an armour suit thing later by no real need to collect them.

You don't need an armour suit to complete the game.

I fucking hate anything that needs a finite resource. Left mine parked up, donned the silver shroud armour, completed the game like a boss.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If 'arrow to the knee' was Skyrim's meme, then Preston Garvey's 'another settlement needs your help' was Fallout 4's.
    Get schwifty.
  • I really enjoyed Fallout 4, but replaying Skyrim.. it's just so superior in every way.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Exactly my thinking, Bob.
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    Kow wrote:

No, the dude that's all "we're going to walk slowly over there and build a settlement and you're going to help us." Preston, or something like that, IIRC.

Unless a specific mission in the story leads me back there I'm not going there again anyway.
  • Okay, started a new character (named Badass, as I found out Codsworth then calls you Mr. Badass) and I've told everybody to fuck off, even the dog. This seems much better, plus I get to pick the rude options in all the dialogue now, which is more entertaining.
  • Nice.
    I may have been more up for the base building if the people who lived there weren't so detestable.
  • Thunk the last patch made  them all killable.

Even though settlement  building was borderline broken, would love to see it in Elder Scrolls.  

And the improved voice acting, crafting system, rival factions....going back to Skyrim has been hard.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!