Fallout 4
  • Fuck me that's retarded. I also cant find the journalist or the cage fighter now.
    The Forum Herald™
  • One more bobble head to find!
    The Forum Herald™
  • So clearly just me here now, can I talk slight faction spoilers?

Found all the bobble heads Anf I'm level 47.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Just you, Bob. I won't be returning to the game until it's fully patched and all DLC is sitting on a definitive edition disc. So sometime next year.
    Get schwifty.
  • Sorry have been too busy building ma robots...

CevAWflW4AA1oDi.jpg:large

Levelled up three times just so I could get the third tier Blacksmith perk to unlock the Shishkebabs...

Ceu_pRFWsAE9TKr.jpg:large

Stealth blades make for a bad ass robot assassin:

Ceu_pGlW8AEOj7a.jpg:large

It's probably not going to sway anyone who is bored with the crafting & junk collecting, but robot construction is pleasingly complex, with lots of variations to choose from.

Probably done with my level 71 character now until Far Harbour comes out. Will revert to a lower level character for Wasteland Workshop to catch Deathclaws and release them upon unsuspecting settlers.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I hope Wasteland Workshop increases building capacity of settlements. It's woefully inadequate at the moment and I can't be arsed to use the exploit.
    Get schwifty.
  • It really is only dropping 6 or so guns on the floor and storing them away again. Even that grants a hefty increase to build capacity.

WW is looking very underwhelming, a cynical cash grab for those unable to resist the lure of new neon signage for their settlements. Free survival update is looking well hardcore though.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Too hardcore for moi. Ammo with weight? No thanks. Constantly battling inventory weight is bad enough as it is.
    Get schwifty.
  • Indeed,

I'm onto the final mission. Time to choose a side. Grind out level 50, then done for a while.
    The Forum Herald™
  • 12717894_10209592379865400_3158854449470371883_n.jpg?oh=39fe0b91631e6e169329a6ced34d4965&oe=578FD591

Oh and here's a picture of my completed Bobblehead stand. And magazine racks.
    The Forum Herald™
  • If you shoot the hoop all those bobbleheads be tumbling.
  • CggarrPWwAA-pxG.jpg:large

So when most people are busy building Thunderdomes for their settlements with Wasteland Workshop I just settled for an abattoir.

Just a pity my Legendary Levitating Brahmin had other ideas. Silly @Kow

This DLC seems like a throwback to the bad old days of Equine Plate Covering really. No weapon racks or armour stands is a irritating omission. Not worth the four quid but I just see it as a 'freebie' with the season pass.

Just give me a proper Survival Mode already....
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Survival Mode isn't far off, is it?
    Get schwifty.
  • Two betas now on PC with a supposed final release for all platforms prior to Far Harbour, although nothing confirmed.

Personally I hope they delay the final release of Survival Mode till after that DLC.  Would like to playthrough FH with my original character before they nerf the current survival difficulty setting back down to 'very hard'.
  • Modding coming to XBone in May and PS4 in June...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I hope the better PC mods make it onto consoles, like True Storms.   The one's currently on Bethesda.net seem mostly cosmetic, like armour & weapon mods.  The best mods always require a bit of tinkering under the hud with a script extender.  Dunno whether they'll allow that on consoles.
  • Get orf my island!
  • I'm back in for this,
    The Forum Herald™
  • Get back for Survival Mode too, it's awesome!   No fast travel and save only when sleeping (in beds and mattresses only) takes a lot of re-adjustment, but it's making me appreciate the game world even more. Putting all those empty Nuka Cola bottles to good use to keep my stocks of dirty water up to stave off thirst is strangely compelling too....

It's just a pity that the one thing that prevents this post-apoplectic survival jaunt feeling as brutal as it should be is the candy shower of drugs and buffs that rain down constantly.  A few hours in and I could already almost retire to a quiet corner of the wastleland to set up a global pharmaceutical firm.

Apart from the lack of Antibiotics that is. Diseases are so easy to pick up and have very hefty de-buffs such as Infection - constant damage or Lethargy: -50% slower AP regeneration, can really cripple low level players. Cures are not available from doctors, only the rare antibiotic drug that not all vendors stock.

Just need to grit my teeth and plough through the rest of the main quest with my new character before taking the ferry to Far Harbor.
  • CkS3yJGWkAEKYi5.jpg:medium

So it's all gone a bit Silent Hill.

Just finished the MQ in Far Harbour and whilst the Island itself doesn't feel that big to me, the storyline was rather absorbing and there's some nice payoffs I believe if you've sided with the Brotherhood or the Institution that can help 'resolve' your dealings with the protagonist (who's one scary mother)

New weapons pack a punch (especially after Automatrons somewhat underwhelming arsenal) and there's some neat side-quests that are a welcome relief from the Commonwealth's 'go there shoot that return here for reward' grinds.

Only real gripe was the botched PS4 launch that saw framerates disappear to around 10fps in the fog.  The solution?  Not a patch.  But download the entire 6GB DLC again, a new version that fixes the framerate issue by...dispensing less fog :(

Still Inon Zur's new soundtrack is superb stuff and I'm in love with my new Lobster Helmet.
  • Late to the party as always due to bargain price.

Whats with the jaggies? Walking around my home where i start it's making my eyes bleed everytime i move the camera. Do i just have super fast eyes? What gives?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    PC or console?
  • Sorry should have mentioned that :D xbone
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Not enough peas.
  • Apart from that it amazing so far much better than i expected.

I'm i supposed to always use this VATS thing? Seems tricky to shoot without it
  • I went through Fallout 3 first time without using VATs at all. It is possible but you will probably have to put a lot into shooting stats therefore neglecting other stats.

Are you using weapons appropriate to your stats?
    If you don't have the right stats the most powerful weapon can be next to useless.
  • This seems like an appropriate time to post this:

• I personally didn't get on on with Fallout 4, despite loving 3...but man, they do make some spiffing trailers. Kinda makes me want to give it another chance.
  • I went through Fallout 3 first time without using VATs at all. It is possible but you will probably have to put a lot into shooting stats therefore neglecting other stats. Are you using weapons appropriate to your stats? If you don't have the right stats the most powerful weapon can be next to useless.

Right now i have no idea what i'm doing :) only 2 hours in. interestingly i hated fallout 3 but like this.. so far at least.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!