Are "Wavy Wavy" Controls The Future Or A Misguided Movement (Ho Ho!)?
  • Is Move latency for pointing really this bad compared with the old Wiimote? I always thought the speediness of the Wii Remote pointer was essential for many games that used it, and was a bit disappointed when I stumbled across this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWKV8ih1HAg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Nope, should I have to?
    Not really. Isn't that Yoss' argument?

No, no, no. You're confused. If you check carefully back through the last few pages and pay close attention to what I've been saying, I think you'll find that my argument is: your mum.

Now there's something I have tried.

;)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Nope, should I have to?
    No, no, no. You're confused. If you check carefully back through the last few pages and pay close attention to what I've been saying, I think you'll find that my argument is: your mum. Now there's something I have tried. ;)

Well...

It couldn't have been an argument about yours...

I need her to raise the funds for an Apple Watch, and a Gear VR. 

Coat located, evacuation under way... :P
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Nope, should I have to?

Is he still comparing a medium to a videogames controller? I guess I haven't used the controller you used so I don't have to hear what a speaker does to know it's rubbish?

And eesh, good luck with my mum, and don't mention the 30 quid i owe her
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Is he still comparing a medium to a videogames controller?

Have you understood a single word I've typed ITT?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Is he still comparing a medium to a videogames controller?
    Have you understood a single word I've typed ITT?

Most of them cept 'ITT'
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm unconvinced.
  • Ah, that's because it isn't a word.
  • I've been checking out television lately, it's a bit weird but i think it'll catch on
  • You mean Netflix right?
  • I haven't heard of that, are the illustrations better?
  • No, they took Rolf off recently for some reason.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Was at a VR event recently where the keynote speaker was the marketing and outreach director for Leap Motion.
    They've made a version that you can attach to the front of an Oculus Rift...

Very clever... It'll track your hands and fingers once they're in your "field of view", but of course, if you move your hands out of that 'fov', then your hands are not active in the game world...

Interesting experience, even with the bug riddled, fluffy artsy gumpth' that was passed off as a demo...

The resolution of the capture needs improving, but I saw enough to convince me that this approach can work.
    Either that, or lop a Kinect 2 level vision array to the front of the Rift...

Also, speaking to some of the dudes at the same event who have tried the Samsung Gear thing, they say it's better than DK2...

Disclaimer - I still don't know what to make of VR, but still also think that Omega Agent is the best thing I've played this gen'.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • fronkhead wrote:
    Is Move latency for pointing really this bad compared with the old Wiimote? I always thought the speediness of the Wii Remote pointer was essential for many games that used it, and was a bit disappointed when I stumbled across this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWKV8ih1HAg

The Wii wins hands down as a pointer. Move owns when not pointing at the screen.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    fronkhead wrote:
    Is Move latency for pointing really this bad compared with the old Wiimote? I always thought the speediness of the Wii Remote pointer was essential for many games that used it, and was a bit disappointed when I stumbled across this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWKV8ih1HAg
    The Wii wins hands down as a pointer. Move owns when not pointing at the screen.

Great description. 

Unlike the Wii Remote/MotionPlus, move doesn't need to be pointed at the screen to measure distance from the TV, since the camera is only looking for a light orb.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!