Bye Bye Edge There are probably threads already....
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    If only they would talk to these forumites, then perhaps they could try and make friends with them, form alliances...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    If we could walk with the forumites, talk with the forumites,
    Grunt and squeak and squawk with the
    forumites,
    And they could squeak and squawk and speak and talk... to meeee!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Edge is on the edge.
    Rascal chops.
  • If Edge disappears is the name/brand etc up for grabs?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    If Edge disappears is the name/brand etc up for grabs?
    TL already has all use of the word covered, in fact I think you'll be getting a letter soon asking for the 3p you owe him for using it in your post. And another 3p for it being the quote above.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    If Edge disappears is the name/brand etc up for grabs?
    TL already has all use of the word covered, in fact I think you'll be getting a letter soon asking for the 3p you owe him for using it in your post. And another 3p for it being the quote above.

TL?
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Tim Langdell. Give him a google; top bloke.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Bloody hell, only gave his wikipedia page a quick glance but he had a TM on the word Edge? To the extent Namco had to change Sould Edge to Soul Blade?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Escape wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    that redesign that made everything less classy.
    Yes! Give me unoccupied swaths of colour and tiny fonts.
    hylian_elf wrote:
    The one following the Half Life 2 review? Or thereabouts. There was a cover with DS on it. Silver.
    EDGEcov143.jpg

i always see that issue as the start of the downfall. both in terms of the design and the written content.
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's just not pretentious enough any more.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Retro Gamer is the king of paper media anyway.  And the Daily Sport.
    Rascal chops.
  • Retro Gamer has way too many mistakes and doesn't read very well. Otherwise I like it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Find that it really depends on what's being covered with retro gamer although i generally enjoy it as an impulse purchase and read. Edge in its best years was nearly a cover to cover read for me
    SFV - reddave360
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Retro Gamer has way too many mistakes and doesn't read very well. Otherwise I like it.

Agreed.  I have no plans to cancel my sub.
  • RG is the only paper media I'll buy now and even then, it's if I'm going on a long train journey.  I haven't even bought that for 2 months now.
    Rascal chops.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    It's just not pretentious enough any more.
    Classic EvilRedEye. 9/10
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In the good old days, freethinker only would have given that an 8.
  • They should print quarterly.
    Up the paper quality, lose the gimmicks and ott cover text.

Have only a handful of reviews but have them more in depth, later and include MP into reviews post launch. Also combine each review with a linked feature, be it behind the scenes of that game or something less closely linked, Halo review combined with "Rise of Xbox live" for example.

Make the whole thing more of a cultural experience over a news experience.
  • I would actually buy that.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Some of the elements of that made Yoss so popular are still in this post, but those elements are too few and far between. [6]
  • They should print quarterly. Up the paper quality, lose the gimmicks and ott cover text. Have only a handful of reviews but have them more in depth, later and include MP into reviews post launch. Also combine each review with a linked feature, be it behind the scenes of that game or something less closely linked, Halo review combined with "Rise of Xbox live" for example. Make the whole thing more of a cultural experience over a news experience.
    I've thought about quarterly before. Reviews would be pointless at that pace. Focus on interviews and articles.
  • Yeah I was thinking of reviews as more of a discussion. Perhaps do a review for the first part then a Q and A on the review with a guest (ideally from the dev team) as the second part.

Printed reviews are pointless even as a monthly release.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Some of the elements of that made Yoss so popular are still in this post, but those elements are too few and far between. [6]

Yoss One is coming soon, I'll have built in voice and motion control!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yoss goes to 4OD
  • Yeah I was thinking of reviews as more of a discussion. Perhaps do a review for the first part then a Q and A on the review with a guest (ideally from the dev team) as the second part. Printed reviews are pointless even as a monthly release.
    Six page retrorevoews would be fucking sweet. I've been really liking the "remember that game from last year that we gave a 6? Well it's not shit. We never said it was you mook." type write ups that have been getting more common.
  • They should print quarterly. Up the paper quality, lose the gimmicks and ott cover text. Have only a handful of reviews but have them more in depth, later and include MP into reviews post launch. Also combine each review with a linked feature, be it behind the scenes of that game or something less closely linked, Halo review combined with "Rise of Xbox live" for example. Make the whole thing more of a cultural experience over a news experience.

You want them to make Little White Lies basically.
  • I want to see questions like...
    "In our review we loved story however it felt short. Was that a deliberate decision to keep it a tight experience or was that an impact of having to concentrate on the MP experience?"
  • @Dante
    Not familiar with it. Google says it is film review jobby.

I had in mind magazines like I-D and a bunch of other trendy mags, Juxtapose is another. Been a while since I looked in Smith's.

There is another anti advert mag that is gorgeous if pretentious as fuck.

Edit: Adbusters. All things should be that quality level in terms of artwork and materials.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yoss goes to 4OD

It's quarter past ten.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!