Now eating/drinking
  • Slow cooked spag bol is inbound. ETA 3 hours.
    My spag bol is also on, ours is cooking for 90 minutes though, not 3 hours. Thats quite impressive. Went for afternoon tea today in a garden centre. Felt about triple my age. It was very nice though.
    7 hours actually, in the slow cooker on low. Brown the mince and sweat the onions first on the hob. MAGIC.

The secret's to really really brown the mince, to the point it's dark brown and crispy and you think you've fucked it. Be brave.
  • trying to decide between a quiche or making some sort of bacon and tomato pasta
  • Porridge. Fuck all else in.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Carpaccio of beef, followed by pizza with tomato, basil, mozzarella and anchovies. Washed down with a glass of red. Lovely.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have a jar of hoisin sauce opened in the fridge for about 2 years. Smells ok. Will it kill me if I use some of it?
  • Bastard.

EDIT aha, @ Frantic
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It'll be fine Kow, I'm sure the huge jar of mayonnaise we have in our fridge is over a year old. Still seems fine. Maybe.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ok. You better not be trying to kill me.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    If there's no layer of mould I'll eat anything that's been in the fridge. I'm still alive.
  • went for the bacon and tomato pasta, was ok. Next on the list is a Passionfruit Rubicon ice lolly.
  • Kow wrote:
    I have a jar of hoisin sauce opened in the fridge for about 2 years. Smells ok. Will it kill me if I use some of it?

No. It actually gets better with age. In China they prize the older stuff. It's mainly made out of rice or sweet potato, which you'd think would make you ill, but the vinegar, chilli and salt keep it good seemingly indefinitely.

If you're still unsure google hoisin sauce poisoning. You won't find much.
  • I ate this beautiful bastard the other day, Patty and Bun's 'Ari Gold'

june6019.jpg

It was my second, as the first was so good - it was similar but had a chipotle and chorizo sauce and bacon. They don't give you any sauce for your fries (triple cooked with rosemary salt), but you don't need it because there's so much goodness in there that flows out into the burger box, that you can drench them in there.

Had a crack at some onion rings last night

june6076.jpg

Things I learned : need a thermometer as the oil was far too hot to start with (buying today), red onions don't go into rings easily but taste amazing, buttermilk needs to be part of the weekly shop.

Here's a rather non flattering photo of the final meal:

june6078.jpg

Rib eye that had been rubbed with smoked paprika, cayenne, chilli, thmye, allspice and a few other things, then seared hard on the griddle. Was beauttifully pink and moist on the inside and crusty and firey on the outside. Garlic mushrooms made by my mrs and basic frozen chips on the side.

Sauce is one of two BBQ sauces we made yesterday. It's scotch bonnet with parsley, spring onion, ketchup, vinegar, lime, garlic and other stuff cooked down for a while. Has a great addicitve zing. The other sauce was simply equal amounts of bourbon, chianti vinegar, dark drown sugar, then cooked down with minced onion and pepper. Stupidly sweet and moreish - I'll be making some pork for that bad boy this week.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Still alive so I guess hoisin sauce does last forever.
  • Nick wrote:
    I ate this beautiful bastard the other day, Patty and Bun's 'Ari Gold' june6019.jpg It was my second, as the first was so good - it was similar but had a chipotle and chorizo sauce and bacon. They don't give you any sauce for your fries (triple cooked with rosemary salt), but you don't need it because there's so much goodness in there that flows out into the burger box, that you can drench them in there. Had a crack at some onion rings last night june6076.jpg Things I learned : need a thermometer as the oil was far too hot to start with (buying today), red onions don't go into rings easily but taste amazing, buttermilk needs to be part of the weekly shop. Here's a rather non flattering photo of the final meal: june6078.jpg Rib eye that had been rubbed with smoked paprika, cayenne, chilli, thmye, allspice and a few other things, then seared hard on the griddle. Was beauttifully pink and moist on the inside and crusty and firey on the outside. Garlic mushrooms made by my mrs and basic frozen chips on the side. Sauce is one of two BBQ sauces we made yesterday. It's scotch bonnet with parsley, spring onion, ketchup, vinegar, lime, garlic and other stuff cooked down for a while. Has a great addicitve zing. The other sauce was simply equal amounts of bourbon, chianti vinegar, dark drown sugar, then cooked down with minced onion and pepper. Stupidly sweet and moreish - I'll be making some pork for that bad boy this week.

I just drooled over everything.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • They put a lot of sauce on their burgers, they appear to know what they are doing.
  • I made a gluten free Carbonara last night, Using small cubes of bacon, mushrooms, sweet peppers, paprika, garlic, cream cheese and double cream. With Gluten free pasta. 

I pretty much inhaled the thing.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Post gym tuna, mayo and black pepper on a wholemeal roll.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aww yeah sexy.
  • Scrambled eggs with an unhealthy amount of butter, fried black pudding on home made 10% rye bread, mug of tea.
  • A pork pie.
  • Both my meals today have been muesli and I have a strange urge to have it for tea too.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You are probably pregnant.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    You are probably unemployed.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • After catching his series on the TV the other day, I bought Gok Wan's Chinese Cookery book.

Knocked a couple of the recipes up, and so far and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly. Never tried to cook Chinese food before, but this is pretty tasty stuff, with fresh ingredients and without MSG, etc that some takeaways add. Quick prep and cooking times too, which I was going to say is a bonus, but actually is pretty essential for me, just don't have time these days to take a couple of hours over weekday meals.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah, but have you seen his face?

Fucked if I'm reading the cunt's words.
  • Yeah, but have you seen his face? Fucked if I'm reading the cunt's words.

I swear it came on and I couldn't find the remote, then I got sidetracked watching the food.

The rest of his output....spot on DS, he can get right to fuck.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    You are probably unemployed.

In one.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • (And pregnant).
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Wondering why I can't have fried eggs without some cheddar cheese on top of them. So full of egg and cheddar now, it doesn't feel healthy at all, and am not even sure if I really like it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!