Civilization, create your own haves and have-nots
  • Yeah, that. I might go Earth next time though.
    I used to find (old Civs) that it was just a rush to get to America. Although clearly only I knew of the richest which awaited, the other dipshits didn't even know it was there. 

I've clearly won this game - a big tech lead and the others are fighting each other, and I have a massive culture lead too. So I will have to build up an army and fuck them up.

....Planes coming soon.... watch out mofos.
  • It is funny seeing mechanised infantry going up against medieval knights. And, yeah, I'll be giving the Earth map a go at some point to see how it plays.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I would like it if, as the first civ to discover a new technology, you get a cultural boost. And for every civ that has already discovered a tech, it reduces the cost for other civs. Further reductions in cost if you share a border with a civ that has discovered it, have trade routes with them, have a spy in one of their cities and have made a declaration of friendship with them. You could specify one tech as top secret, that you assign a spy to protect, to reduce those factors.

Also, a significant one off boost to researching a tech if you defeat a unit that required a tech that you haven't yet researched.
  • I would like it if, as the first civ to discover a new technology, you get a cultural boost. And for every civ that has already discovered a tech, it reduces the cost for other civs. Further reductions in cost if you share a border with a civ that has discovered it, have trade routes with them, have a spy in one of their cities and have made a declaration of friendship with them. You could specify one tech as top secret, that you assign a spy to protect, to reduce those factors. Also, a significant one off boost to researching a tech if you defeat a unit that required a tech that you haven't yet researched.

There's probably a mod for some of that. (I have no idea)
  • what are the military upgrades in V? 

In Civ Rev its very much as case of phase 1: Get to catapults before anyone else, win a few major cities till someone (Greece) has some seriously fortified pikemen in Athens. Then level up cities and research to Tanks and then sweep through the enemy with some joint (three combined) Tanks. Leaving riflemen, by that stage, in their way to cover the cities from recap - although usually you can see that coming anyway.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Naval warfare seems more important than ever before. I like that.
  • Barbarian farming is great. If you can get 2 or 3 siege weapons' range upgraded then capturing cities becomes fucking easy. I often send a ship of the line out to the arctic and it comes back virtually invincible by the time i've discovered how to build battleships.
  • The military sweet spots vary quite a bit in this game, which i like. If you're England you're at your best advantage at sea and during the era of composite bowman, where as if you're the Russians you'll be most deadly post-Manhattan Project.
  • do you still get upgrades like Infiltration, scout, blitz etc?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Playing as Ghandi now and concentrating on building up cities before I move on. Working quite well, but Persia's on a huge expansion quest so I'm having to bulk up my army quick-sharp. Luckily, the concentration on science and populous is making it reasonably easy and I've got tanks to take back my the city they stole and then liberate my neighbours.

Looking like I'll have my pick if a few different victory conditions if too much of the cloud isn't Persia.
  • mk64 wrote:
    do you still get upgrades like Infiltration, scout, blitz etc?
    Yes. JOIN US.
  • Aye. I'm proper grateful to Chief for giving it to me. Well, the part of me that isn't cursing his name for causing me to waste a full half-week so far.
  • My war machine is about to go into operation.  Some bitches be getting steam rolled!

Also, happiness can fuck off! One turn it's +4, then it's -6 with basically nothing different!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Have any trade agreements expired where you were receiving luxuries?
  • Yeah it's always the fucking luxuries. Citrus woah +4.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Break open that war chest.
  • Squeaky bum time for me too, -20 happiness and one of my major cities is apparently going to rebel and join Egypt in 5 turns, which will not fucking do at all.

Love how this game can surprise you. Often pretty challenging too, and I'm only on normal.
  • My game is going amazingly. It's 1852 and i'm working on the Manhattan Project. I'm making 349gpt and 501spt. Happiness is +20. 11,997 in the bank.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    The Aztecs have launched a sneak attack on me, and the Moroccans too! I have three units in my cities! My army is across the sea! Squeaky bum time. It is so fucking on.

Pay for walls if you haven't got them already
  • Persia's being more of a problem than I expected. Sounds like Germany might be a problem if it decides the other continent isn't big enough. I still have basically no idea what I'm doing.
  • Sticky situation resolved. :D Assyria is utterly pillaged, got everything for peace. +3 happiness now thanks to the incense. Next stop for my mighty army; Siam for the marble, then Ethiopia for salt and truffles. Love this game.
  • It's just capitals you can't raze?
  • Yeah you can't raze ex capitals.
  • Public opinion is a bitch, currently adding -26 :( .
  • I think I might be Hitler. Literally half the world has just declared war on me, gold flow is -147 and most new trade routes are gonna get plundered, happiness down from +16 to -9. It's probably over I think, my military will be able to stop most of the incursions (some redistribution is needed), and I'll be able to stay together for a bit, but the debt is going to be huge and eventually I'll get stomped by advanced troops later on.

It was fucking fun while it lasted though!
  • I'm building up my troops then it's blitzkrieg time.
  • My people have responded positively to WAR! Now at +6 happiness compared to -3 in peace times (I'm sure it's really just down to the citrus boom). Struggling for cash though. Amusingly there's a small puddle of water next to one of my key border cities, my neighbours keep embarking their units into it allowing me to bombard them to death immediately. Fools.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yeah I find the AI to be mostly fairly competent, but they do do some stupid stuff when embarked.
  • I've built a massive fleet of Great War bombers. Turns out they are fucking useless because my enemies are too far away. Shit.
  • London taken. Now to regroup then on to the Persians.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!