Civilization, create your own haves and have-nots
  • I have a tendency to micro-manage all my units though, moving them 1, 2 squares at a time. And I think that's what saps my enjoyment of the game. I don't want to send them off on a 10 turn journey somewhere in case there's an enemy incursion.

Not enjoying these 'city states' that are everywhere on my map, and what the heck is 'alert' on the unit control options?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Could do with a few pro tips from the seasoned PC players to get the Switch people going I reckon.
  • Basic tip is decide what victory you want, make sure it meshes with your civ's strengths, and play for that. ie if going for domination, focus on military, maybe ignore religion entirely or at least give it a military lean.

That doesn't mean you can't switch but a cultural victory is hard unless you spend centuries prepping.

Best beginner tip though is to max the research bonuses. E.g. you research archery in half the time if you kill a barbarian with a slinger. Get as many of them as you can.

And build campuses or other special zones.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Basic tip ...
    with you so far..
    .....is decide what victory you want, make sure it meshes with your civ's strengths, and play for that. ie if going for domination, focus on military, maybe ignore religion entirely or at least give it a military lean. That doesn't mean you can't switch but a cultural victory is hard unless you spend centuries prepping. Best beginner tip though is to max the research bonuses. E.g. you research archery in half the time if you kill a barbarian with a slinger. Get as many of them as you can. And build campuses or other special zones.

No you lost me...
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I have a tendency to micro-manage all my units though, moving them 1, 2 squares at a time. And I think that's what saps my enjoyment of the game. I don't want to send them off on a 10 turn journey somewhere in case there's an enemy incursion.

Not enjoying these 'city states' that are everywhere on my map, and what the heck is 'alert' on the unit control options?

Alert means that the unit will remain fortified, but will wake up when an enemy unit is in close proximity, acting as a warning.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just bagged this for £32 on Switch. Looking forward to the pick up & play convenience of it.
  • This is a 'surprise' present for me this weekend. Going to bring it home with me for crimbo. I'm about as far away from a strategic gamer as you can get but willing to try something different and the fact that it's on the switch is just amazing.
    Peter3C

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!