Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Don't see Alyx on there bud.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Blair Witch sure was a let down.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message

Alyx and Cyberpunk are the only ones constantly installed. Get my lenses next Friday so its game on.

Axiom Verge right now oh boy this is Metroid.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

Alyx and Cyberpunk are the only ones constantly installed. Get my lenses next Friday so its game on.

Axiom Verge right now oh boy this is Metroid.

It is Metroid with cool guns and gun effects. And it is nice and short.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yup I really liked it. Sequel not far off too?
  • Sequel looks a bit hmmm though. How long is the first one? I keep nearly buying it when it's half price but HLTB has it at 15hrs iirc. Is it shorter than that then? I don't want to overdose on Metroidy exploration things while I wait for Silksong.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's absolutely shorter than that. Maybe about 8-10, but you can blast through it in about 5-6.

Sequel looks like it is leaning VERY heavily on what was the best gun I the first.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot does not rc
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You literally used it in your post.

Your r are not c at all.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm not convinced it's a moot game. It could be, but a smidge more explorey than shooty. Worth a point though if say, it won't be the worst game you play this year or next by a long shot...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Well thanks to the wonderful Muzzy I now have Blaphemous.

Much love to the man! <3
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I enjoyed what I saw from Axiom Verge when B played that, I like the art style. Not enough to actually play it though.

Will have to play A Short Hike though, that looks good. Is there anything similar to it, in length and charm? B has Sekiro, but it's making him really angry and issues at work aren't really helping him tho enjoy it. So I'm hoping to find something that will cheer him up a bit and is a lot more relaxing.
  • They're not at all similar but Wandersong might work as a good cheer 'em up.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Late Shift

Very much an interactive movie. But... I liked it! Fun plot, and it seems the ending are fairly different, ie there are genuinely divergent paths through, rather than Telltale nonsense where it kinda ends up the same regardless. So yeah, a solid-ish [7] I guess, though it's hardly a game...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    A shame there's no way to shortcut to other endings, then I might bother. But looks like you have to stay afresh and not sure I cba. Though maybe once more to see a totally different path...
  • 17. Celeste (PS4) - 29/12 - 17hrs
    A discussion on dealing with mental health problems wrapped in a perfect pure platformer with charming visuals, a beautiful soundtrack, and great with writing. The difficulty of the main game is pitched perfectly to make it challenging without being frustrating and there is plenty of additional and more challenging content to get back to, which I definitely intend to return to. Almost a [10].
    [9]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • A Short Hike is a fine videogame. A great one? No. It's short, shallow and asks nothing of the player. It entered my life, and was gone again in a couple of hours. More like a skirt hike.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    great stuff.
  • Metro Exodus
    That was quite enjoyable apart from the final level. I liked the changing of the seasons. The autumn level being a particular highlight. At times it felt like i was in Far Cry 2, thats high praise i think. The maps have a fairly large feel to them. The moving train being your base of operations was done quite well and highlighted to me how souless and bland and empty the base in MGS5 was. Dunno why that comes to mind.

The last level was a grind and a test of patience and boredom. It fell back to the underground metro tunnels which having spent 90% of the game away from felt like a misstep. Last level really wasnt needed. Nor the introduction of a new enemy in the closing 20mins of the game.

I got the good ending. Will watch the bad one online.

A solid 8 from me.
  • Bought What Remains of Edith Finch (Switch) because it was cheap-ish. I liked it - a really interesting game(?). I didn’t mind how short it was, but I might have got to the end without fully finishing the family tree. I would try again to see if there’s more to find, but my gaming pile of shame needs to be tackled.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Played Abzu and What Remains of Edith Finch today.

Abzu - This was very much Journey but underwater, down to the very similar emotional beats... but it turns out Journey but underwater is a good idea that works well and I had a good time with this. Aesthetically, it genuinely looks great for its budget. It's less cathartic than Journey but more relaxing and meditative and I liked the idea of the meditation spots, which seem to be intended as a real-life meditation aid.

What Remains of Edith Finch - Also enjoyed this - it applies a lot of originality to what could have been quite a tropey story and is a really effective game. I don't know if I would quite put this on the indie masterpiece list as some have - for me it was a bit obvious in terms of its emotional manipulation and where the plot was going, but it's definitely a nice thing. I really enjoyed both this and Gone Home but I wonder if could play any more 'narrative adventure where you explore a house with no people in it' without it starting to feel repetitive.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Ara just saw credits on a short hike. First actual completion of a game for her. Bless.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The adventures of Deacon St. John are now over, as the (very long) credits of Days Gone have rolled. Where to begin?

First and foremost, should you play this game if you have a PS5 and the PS+ Collection? Yes, yes you should. It's a cross between GTA, the Last of Us and Uncharted, taking the open world setting, zombie killing and combat respectively. It is, however, not as polished as any of those games listed, so you will occasionally see a bear fly across the screen, or a texture disappear, as the various game systems collide and react to each other badly. On the PS5 the game ran at 60 fps, with the occasional stutter, but otherwise looked and felt excellent.

Story wise, it did some interesting things and some cliched things too. It's looooooong - perhaps too long for its own good. I can't say that I wanted it to end, but I was wondering how and when the ending would come around, after going by 2 or 3 possible places for it to finish during the latter hours of my playthrough. I probably put 30 hours into the game and enjoyed the vast majority of them. Missions are short, punchy, but plentiful and It kept on giving me new weapons and unlocked items right up until the end - albeit the combat did eventually get into that same enemies / more armour grove, which just elongated the battles.

Highlights have to be the horde sections that were heavily trailed before launch. It's quite something to be mobbed by hundreds and hundreds of zombies, while finding a way to funnel them and thin the numbers. What's strange is that that particular highlight comes in the end-game only, so you are playing through 20+ hours to get to it. I think it would have been better to have one at the end of each chapter of the story, or zone, so you have something to punctuate the narrative, rather than to save all the best until last.
  • Finished 13 sentienels Aegis Rim. Much has been said about the story and it got Eurogamer Essential on the back of it but ehh.

So one thing is true: there is excellent quality writing and acting and the way the plot is revealed and interweaves all the characters is a stunning act. I in particular like the way that regardless of the order you play you get that dramatic irony thing showing up (or at least I assume so). It’s a fun feeling.

The slight problem I have is that even though the story works I don’t think the story is something I give that much of a toss about. The thing is too long and a bit too cliched and the humanity of each character kind of gets lost in all the twists and turns to the point where you don’t trust the story (imo).

It’s as if a novel was machined into a block of high quality aluminium rather than book - impressive but I don’t think I’d rush to say you must read this.

I played the battle parts in casual mode because I would hate an actual novel that forced you to do a timed puzzle between chapters
  • I really wanna play that but time and too many games eh
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've had Days Gone sat on my hard drive since getting the PS5, but the amount of open world games to play is ridic. I've got Valhalla to finish (never gonna happen) Days Gone, Ghost of T, possibly Cyberpunk at some point, Maneater and that Just Cause 4 from last month. It's mad.

Is Just Cause 4 worth a go or shall I just delete? I've also got Shadow of the Tomb Raider which is on plus but can't for the life of me remember if I've already played it. Is it the second game???
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sack the rest off and play Cyberpunk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!