PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Official Site

I didn't want to clutter up the WiiU thread with specifics from a single game and didn't want to have to skim through to find the relevant posts and couldn't find a thread for this, though I did think we had one?

Am I the only one to have not seen this?

SURVIVORS VS. ZOMBIES – An adversarial multiplayer mode where one player takes over the role of King of Zombies (top-down view) spawns enemies and springs traps with a simple touch on the WiiU controller; while a second player (first-person view) fights for survival with the Classic Controller!

MERCY KILLER – When your character gets infected, your online friends are alerted of your death and can come and hunt down your zombified character to loot the gear in your BOB and put you out of your misery!

If that is a good representation of what the new GamePad is going to be like than I must say that I am excited about what other games will do with it.
  • Both Mercy Killer and Survivors sound great fun.

There is also a feature where you can leave graffiti for others, similar to Dark Souls' signs.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Regarding the Mercy Killer bit, I've not played either Dark nor Demon so I have no idea of how they work, but I'm not sure I follow what this means in ZombiU?

So Players A, B, C, D will be playing their own SP but will be notified of a death in Player E's game. Does Player E's body get put into the other SP games or do Players A, B, C, D get sort of merged into Player E's game either individually or collectively?
  • The former, Player E will appear in one or all of Player A,B,C and D's game. I believe.

However this is slightly different to the Souls games as Player E's character would become an NPC, unlike Souls where the Player E would remain human controlled.

With the whole online thing still up in the air it's unclear exactly how this will work in regards to who can and can't appear in someone else's game. In Souls literally anyone online, within the correct level range and format region can appear. However if Nintendo stick to their more closed system of friend codes it will most likely be only people on your friends list who are online at the same time, which would mean this may be a slightly under used feature.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    However if Nintendo stick to their more closed system of friend codes it will most likely be only people on your friends list who are online at the same time, which would mean this may be a slightly under used feature.
    I presumed it would be friends only from the video I saw where a friend notification popped up on the GamerPad.

I never used my Wii online but I'm also presuming that Ninty will be sticking with friend codes, I presume they don't want c0ckg0bbl3r or ifUckdursi5ta appearing on little Johnny's screen.
  • Lol.
    It would be nice if they branched out further, names can always be screened like they plan on doing with messages.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like the idea that you leave your character behind when you die and move to a new character - the corpses of characters you have lost get up and start attacking others on-line. Apparantly you can check up on the kill record of those zombies - pretty cool.

Its worth checking out the Nintendo channel on your Wii as the videos are quite informative.

(oops - just notice this has been referred to earlier - appypolylogs)

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • There's a hand on preview for the game here.  It's difficult apparently.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    There's a hand on preview for the game here.  It's difficult apparently.
    It's going to be hard enough for me anyway, these scary, dark games do get to me a bit!!!

To all Dark Souls fans, you absolutely need to play this game. It’s that simple.

Will people start looking at this game differently? That review is a cracking read...
  • Haha, same here, if a zombie can hide in it, behind it or around it I will be approaching like an absolute pussy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    Nexx wrote:
    There's a hand on preview for the game here.  It's difficult apparently.
    It's going to be hard enough for me anyway, these scary, dark games do get to me a bit!!! To all Dark Souls fans, you absolutely need to play this game. It’s that simple. Will people start looking at this game differently?

I was gonna quote that. I'm a little scared now.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Every inch of the game smacks of Dark Souls, and this comparison is highlighted further by ZombiU’s messaging system, which lets you walk up to walls and leave graffiti tag messages for other players online.

These aren’t actual words, but symbols. So you could select the ‘stairs’ icon and a ‘thumbs down’ – to basically say ‘don’t go downstairs’. There are many symbol combinations geared towards highlighting hazards or killer loot, so it will be interesting to see how these are used – or abused – once servers go live.

Finally – and this is a stroke of genius on Ubisoft Montreal’s part – once one of your survivors dies and then reanimates as a zombie, there’s a chance they will also spawn into your friends’ game too.

It's sounding good...

...and hard!
  • This is sounding very good. Dammit i need to not want a Wii U right now and this isn't helping.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My ZombiU pack preorder is beginning to feel validated. Wonder if knowledge about this is why Nintendo chose to create the bundle, rather than, say Rayman.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It did say in that review that they expect there to be a lot of ZombiU's traded in because of it's difficulty!
  • Like Dark Souls eh? Too bad I can't fucking stand Zombies.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You've got real hang ups about zombies. What did they do to you?

Gutted for you, as it must mean you're missing one of the best games of the year in the form of The Walking Dead.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    You've got real hang ups about zombies. What did they do to you? Gutted for you, as it must mean you're missing one of the best games of the year in the form of The Walking Dead.
    The zombies play a very small part of Telltale's TWD...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    They're still in it. I still killed them.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Like Dark Souls eh? Too bad I can't fucking stand Zombies.

There's no Zombies in ZombiU, that is just what the french think we look like.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    They're still in it. I still killed them.
    I was quoting you but directing at Tempy...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just feel its a bit silly to wipe out all zombies from your playing. "Zombie" isn't a genre, just an enemy type. Difference between Dead Rising, Walking Dead, L4D and this pretty striking.
  • A D Souls style zombie game?

Having requested it across the forums, I'm now quite happy with my pre-order.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Just feel its a bit silly to wipe out all zombies from your playing. "Zombie" isn't a genre, just an enemy type. Difference between Dead Rising, Walking Dead, L4D and this pretty striking.

I don't really like Zombies, as a thing. I think they are frequently incredibly lazy. They can be done brilliantly, like Left4Dead, Dead Rising, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, [REC] etc. As a rule i'm not a fan, bar the exceptions. If this is good, I will probably get it. 

OG post was a bit of humour really.

I do genuinely think all media is over-saturated with the fuckers though, they're dull.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I agree they're fucking everywhere. But doesn't mean they can't be used well.
  • I JUST SAID THAT IN MY POST
  • D- did not read source before anaylsing
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I was stating a note of agreement with your key ideas. It's like endorsing a political candidate.

Ffs learn summarising and approval. IM NOT OUT TO GET U
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    But am I really actually out to get you.
  • You're one of those Zombies aren't you.
‹ Previous123456710

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!