ZombiU
  • Curtis wrote:
    I only mentioned it because the very first time it happended i was escaping from the Supermarket and being chased. The door in question got stuck loading, but luckily there's a 'crouching' bit just before the door which slowed the zombies down. I don't mind tension, but if the games bugged out, that's not so good.
    Well it has got to load the next bit, not much difference than what, say Metroid Prime does, except that it's loading more data.

Would prefer if it was faster of course but not been a problem for me at all - there aren't too many areas where it happens.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    No. The next loading section is the manhole/shortcut. That door opened perfectly from the other direction.  :/

Anyway, no point moaning about a non-event. Coffee is on. Time to jump back in, see how long i can last before i fluff the controls and scan a zombie instead of smashing his brains in. lol!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll be back in tomorrow. At Tower of London.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'd appreciate it if you could make this sound a bit a shit Curtis, I've just nearly ordered a WiiU ZombiU pack (again!) after reading your post!
  • Just get it Moto, you know you'll cave eventually. :D
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Don't spend £300+ on a console you don't need, to sample one game, that you may or may not like.

Even though that's what i did. lol!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    GAME are doing a ZombiU bundle (not the bundle) with Nintendoland for £309.99, I am sorely tempted!
  • Moto70 wrote:
    GAME are doing a ZombiU bundle (not the bundle) with Nintendoland for £309.99, I am sorely tempted!
    thats what i succumbed to earlier in the week
    i think i might be a bit panicky to be successful at this, got 38 minutes in, and first time i end up with a few zombies in tight quarters it all went to shit, tried to reclaim my bag and got panicky again so that one lasted 3 minutes and now a load of flares are gone forever

it amuses me that i finished demons souls last week and thought it was actually a lot easier than folks made out, whereas as this (at least until ive refined my tactics) is living up to be every bit the bugger that folks say

playing at night in the dark with headphones is a big difference to the afternoon in daylight and with other people milling around the house distracting me from the immersion
  • i think i might be a bit panicky to be successful at this, got 38 minutes in, and first time i end up with a few zombies in tight quarters it all went to shit, tried to reclaim my bag and got panicky again so that one lasted 3 minutes and now a load of flares are gone forever

Once you get used to the combat you'll be suprised how easy you can take on 3 Zombies or so. It's all about using the environment to your advantage and alternating between the push and swing of the bat.

Great game imo. I just completed the
    Spoiler:

Looking like a solid 8/10 for me so far.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • That's the bit that give me a shiver, playing alone at night had been about 4+ hours without saving and had found a ton of stuff, guns and upgrades.
  • Yeah, was a very scary gaming moment.

Btw did anyone here find my Zombie in the Tower of London. I had a shit load of guns ammo etc, when I went back she was nowhere to be seen.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I really need to get back into this, not had the time the week or so.  Finished work for the year now, so its on.  Xmas tunes, drink, prezzies & cracking some zombie skulls, good times a coming.
  • Can't wait to play this , is this as scary as Dead Space ? ( Playing  In the dark that is )
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I decided to tactically underplay my desire for a Wii this Chrimbo. If that hasn't worked via a double bluff I'll try overplaying it for my 2/2 birthday. This is top of the list if I do... But will all your zombies be gone by then? Is it FL zombies only??
  • Nah, you'll get random peoples too. Can see myself replaying this loads when it's finished to go for better survival time & score.

It's going to be tough to ever beat this game on survival mode! (Though the whole finding others zombies doesn't seem to be in this mode).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is survival mode just harder, or is it no respawning too or something?
  • One life only.

(I've died 19 times in my normal game so far, though obviously gotten better now).
  • I can't see me beating survivor mode.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Fuck me, that sounds like the most perfect zombie survival game ever!
  • I got near the end and I died at this time it is proving improbable I'll get all my stuff back which is irritating. I might start again.
  • Bloody hell, surviving that arena was tough :-/
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The trick is to run around a lot then flare then explode.
  • Yeah, took me a fair few goes. I was running around making them bunch up then hitting a gas tank/exploding zombie.
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I beat this yesterday (on easy). I got to the end on normal then I died twice and lost everything so I decided to start again but I couldn't be fucked with it on normal (I was trying to rush to where I was and killing each baddy takes ages).

I thought it was a good game! Scary and tense till the last (especially the nursery). Might trade this but king of the zombis might be played. Mario is looking the most likely trade for me (for Tekken I think).

If I were to give some tips I would say choose one powerful weapon hoard ammo for it and save it till the last moment you can. Also use flares a lot. They're a life saver.

I think the hardest part to survive is the start weirdly. (although a similar comment can be made for most Zelda games)
  • OK, at the end of the game now. Im back in the safe house loaded up ready to make a run for the Tower of London with the Panacea.

Any tips? I really hope I make it but im guessing its almost impossible on your first go and that im destined for the 'bad' ending.

Btw how many endings are there to this game? Is it just the 2 or are there more?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is there anywhere I can go on the web to see the full story of what happens in this game?
  • @retro just make sure you have enough weaponary/health to deal with about 4 helmet zombies. You can bash most zombs on the way with right trigger only push and sprinting.

also the internet seems to think there are three endings but that seems unlikely to me. I think there can only be two endings (to trigger the final mission you need the thing that varies between the two endings)

@moto the game story is a bit rubbish, but the background story is quite interesting.

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Is that anywhere to read up on?
  • Finished it. Didn't make it to the top of the Tower. Didn't find the last bit too difficult as I was armed with the shotgun and 90 bulliets but my downfall came because of having no health packs, flares or grenades. My advice would be to definitely stock up on those.

My stats were:
    Playtime: 12h 33m
    Survivors played: 26 (14 of these were in that blasted arena)

Very good game imo, 8/10 but only just.

It's frustrating that I have to play the whole game again just to have a second attempt at the last part of the game, definitely feel that I could have done it on a second or third attempt. Can see myself having another go in the future though.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!