Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So I finally booted this up.  Haven't played for very long.  Intriguing use of gamepad.

No MP interactions yet.  Am I right it's a bit Soulsian??  Can you co-op at all?

And if you die, it auto-saves, right? No "let's pretend that never happened" get-out clause, or can you rewind to your last save at the safe house?  Me be taking it slowly with my bat and gun I think...
  • When you die the world carries on as you were, your ex man is dead in the world (with all your shit) but the story goes back to the beginning of the bit where you died (If that makes sense).
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Can you co-op at all? And if you die, it auto-saves, right? No "let's pretend that never happened" get-out clause, or can you rewind to your last save at the safe house?  Me be taking it slowly with my bat and gun I think...

No co-op, but there's a multiplayer mode. And no, there's no way of un-doing a death, short of dropping back to the main menu just before you die. Once your character snuffs it, the game saves at that point. If you quit out and reload (as I did after a death I felt was very unfair ;) ), you'll just start as a new character in the safe house.

Slowly but surely with the bat ready, gun on quick select for emergencies, is definitely the way forward. Remember to check those corners - just because your radar hasn't picked anything up doesn't mean there's nothing there!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • No-one told me that!

(Just reached the Palace to get some weapons)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    No-one told me that!

Took me by surprise, too. Just remember that it's a motion sensor, rather than a zombie detector.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    How does 'quick select' work? Does that save you looking at the gamepad?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Also, you look to be able to level up on each weapon by killing people with it (except the bat). How much difference does that make, and does it carry over on death?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm still too scared to play this!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    How does 'quick select' work? Does that save you looking at the gamepad?

In your inventory screen you can drag and drop items to the six buttons (three each on left and right) on the GamePad screen. Just means you're not digging around in your back pack when you want to equip something. I usually had bat and health items on the left, and guns and something throwable on the right.
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Also, you look to be able to level up on each weapon by killing people with it (except the bat). How much difference does that make, and does it carry over on death?

It's pretty noticeable. What I would do is if I found a lone zombie, I'd batter it around the head with the bat for a bit, then finish it off with whatever weapon I was trying to upgrade with a cheeky headshot.

And nope, if your character dies, they go back to default skill levels! But any upgrades you found for the weapons are kept.

FWIW, I don't think I got anyone above level 2 on any weapon, but I'd always put some effort into getting them up to level 1 on at least a couple of things.
    Moto70 wrote:
    I'm still too scared to play this!

Gerron with it! It's all kinds of epic. Just do it during the day with the lights on or something. ;)
  • I just got prompted for a software update on zombi u this morning.

All the zombies now look like Luis Suarez.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They all fall down after they bite you apparently, test this out for me.

Should I get this when I WiiU up tomoz?  Was thinking Mario and Mario Kart.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • It's worth it I think. Usually quite cheap.
  • ZombiU is a must have imo
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • ZombiU is a must have imo

Absolutely.
  • It's cheaper than gym protein skez
  • Just ordered this from Amazon for £6.69, hopefully I'll get my money's worth.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    It's cheaper than gym protein skez
    I'll take two tubs then.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Should I get this when I WiiU up tomoz?  Was thinking Mario and Mario Kart.

Definitely, as has been mentioned you can pick it up for absolute peanuts. Heck, you could probably walk into your local brick-n-mortar establishment, grab a copy, throw peanuts at them and run away. Odds on they won't chase you.

If you do try this, remember to get a friend to record it and post it to YouTube. Ta.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Got WiiU, now need peanuts so I can get ZombiU.
  • Mario zombie U plz Nintendo. I think Mario could be creepy as fuck given the right setting.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Like.... some kind of ghost house?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    And maybe Luigi should star, given the recent year of Luigi.
  • Imagine if you could use stereoscopic 3D effects too somehow.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Gold I say, get Mots on teh phone!
  • Guys I'm sorry that game has already been made. It's called Pokemon.
  • Are the controls on this absurdly floaty? The input lag seems a bit much and I'm assuming it's intentionally done by the developer for panic effect? 
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Are the controls on this absurdly floaty? The input lag seems a bit much and I'm assuming it's intentionally done by the developer for panic effect? 

I didn't spot that myself. Remember that there's a 'turn 180 degrees' button, for those "SHIT SHIT SHIT" moments.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I have not died yet and am still alive.  Only done the CCTV bit mind, but yet to be munched.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I'm guessing that there will be some scripted events that will result in death, I too was taking it steady and thought there may be a possibility of maybe not dying. From scouring the net this appears to be a fanciful assumption...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    There's a Survivor mode isn't there? No respawning?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!