PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    My mate started this last night, he said it's fucking creepy and he died within the first 20 secs of starting the game! He said he's died around 20 times already within a few hours play!

Have died twice so far. First guy, an IT worker lasted until the Zeds first invaded safe house. Second person, a female journalist died after I got my stuff back because I was stupid. Current dude is a policeman. He's taking no pish fae any cunt
  • Its weird how some people sound horrified killing zombies and some people cackle.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    First guy, an IT worker lasted until the Zeds first invaded safe house.
    I put 'em out of his misery. :-)

Had a very long session last night and wow, the atmosphere is incredible at times. There was a moment last night that actually sent shivers down me (I was amazed, never had that in a game before). It can be so bloody tense.

Not finished it yet but definitely GOTY for me and probably the best survival horror game i've ever played (way better than say, RE4). If you don't like this game, you don't like survival horror.

Also, really loving the Miiverse - I really didn't think I would but seeing the comments/drawings from other people and being able to share your experience/ask for tips/whatever truly adds a lot to the experience.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    ...and probably the best survival horror game i've ever played.
    I thought the same from what I have seen of it in videos. I don't think there is any game that comes close to laying a claim to being a better 'survival horror'.
  • WiiUs all sold out.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Where?
  • In the shop I just went to.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    That's good.

Is it?
  • Getting it out before Christmas = obviously good move, that's why it's rushed if anything.

I think they've got a decent chance with this. Seems to me a controller with a screen is a lot more functional than not-very-good motion control, the motion+ thing was never going to recover that situation. This hopefully means that we will have more developers having better ideas regarding the remote's integration into games, like ZombieU, for starters.

I can't help but be super disappointed that the screen is lo-rez, resistive, single touch, and has such crappy battery tech; but I'm not too bothered by the main box's tech specs as long as it's HD.

Looking forward to some really cool game concepts and then I'll be jumping in.

Oops wrong thread sorry
  • Funkstain wrote:
    I can't help but be super disappointed that the screen is lo-rez, resistive, single touch, and has such crappy battery tech; but I'm not too bothered by the main box's tech specs as long as it's HD.
    The screen looks great though, resolution might be low compared to mobile devices these days but it's still plenty sharp for its size. The resistive, single touch isn't really an issue (response is great and you're always holding the controller with one hand anyway) and that's coming from someone who thought that it was stupid for Nintendo not to go for a capacitive screen.

I should also mention the motion controls are fantastic, seem to work much better than even the 3DS'.
  • Got back on this last night.  LOVING IT!

Really had a proper long sesh last night, got in to the pacing of the game & got quite creative at wasting zeds.

Alfie White you are a legend, shame he was killed by his own landmine.

I love the ZombiU Miiverse board, I need it on my phone.  Its just such a fricking cool idea.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    My mate tried explaining the MiiVerse thing, is it like a forum for the game in question accessed from the console itself?

If so I agree, a cracking idea...
  • Its more close to twitter or a Facebook homepage tied to a single game.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Its more close to twitter or a Facebook homepage tied to a single game.
    Are there any screens of it 'in action'?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'll take one tonight. It's really the best.
  • Got up to Buckingham Palace so far, played for about 2-3hours. Really enjoying it but am a bit busy this week, will give it a good go at the weekend.

Couple of quick questions:

Can someone give me a quick rundown of how your previous characters turning into zombies works? Do they roam about your game until you find them? Are they online for anyone to kill and steal your loot? If so is it just your friends list or anyone anywhere?

Also on the back of the box it says the game is compatible with the classic controller pro. Is this for the campaign or just multiplayer? Cant see how it would work for the campaign, the game pad seems to be an integral part of the game.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • You die, your friends are alerted to your death, your BOB is fair game.

Not that I have tried, but I believe, can be used by the TV player/gamer in a little bout of local multiplayer.
  • Popped into Tesco this morning and there were shit loads of Wii U's on the shelf.  I was very surprised, isn't this selling well or something?

Anyway had a go at Zombie U over my brother's house today.  Fantastic fun.
  • Was it the basic version or did they have both?
  • Not sure, it cost £250 though (if that helps?)
  • Yeah that's the basic one, Nintendo were pretty smart doing 2 versions with barely any difference, people will always pay more for the 'better one'. Most people seem to be going for the premium version but I reckon the rest will all be sold out by Christmas too.
  • Ah I see.  Yeah my brother bought the Premium Pack actually.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This game is incredible. Died again tonight in Buckingham, but importantly, I know WHY I died.

I am really really REALLY liking this. I want to savour a little bit at a time. Fantastic so far
  • I want this game. Does it have any local MP though?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It totally does! 2 different local modes
  • regmcfly wrote:
    This game is incredible. Died again tonight in Buckingham, but importantly, I know WHY I died. I am really really REALLY liking this. I want to savour a little bit at a time. Fantastic so far
    There is better still to come. Haven't played the last couple of nights myself as I don't want it to end.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I need to read more stories before I get a twinge for this. Don't be shy people.
  • Played a couple more hours this evening. I have to echo @regmcfly's opinions, this game is great. The more I play the more I'm enjoying it. Getting pretty good with the bat now, that ZR push is vital when your faced with 2+ zombies.

I also saw one of @cindemon's infected survivors in Buckingham Palace, took all your ammo etc - sorry. I put it to good use at least.

Also saw an alert that @regmcfly died. Very cool feature, if I was closer to where he died I would have definitely made an attempt at his loot.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • This sounds like the sort of thing I'd like, despite being zombies again. Still can't see me buying a WiiU anytime soon though.
  • Everytime I read/play this game im more and more surprised that this only a year and a bit before release was killer freaks from outerspace. Mindboggling

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!