Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've never played more than half an hour of a zombie game but would love to take this for a spin... Can you do it on the gamepad only?? (Looking for an excuse to get the wife to buy a WiiU for me, yet to find one :-()
  • No you can't.

Mario, Nintendo land and basically any game that's multiplatform will work solely on the gamepad.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Given the 'success' of this game I wouldn't be surprised to see a version launch with the new xbox next Xmas, that attachment rate is simply too good to ignore.
  • A version or sequel?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Had my second long session on this last night & only died twice. Its ALL starting to click now. I scan like a seasoned survivor now, bullets are not being wasted, traps being set, my prep pad has been updated to the next level, guns improved along with my skills in using them finally(been using the old willow a bit to much it seems) & shortcuts discovered.

Beat my own survivor score aswell! Though it is still woefully short of the top players.

Came across one of Retro's zeds but he had ben picked clean so he got an extra bullet in the face. Also came across one of you guys in the Brick Lane area(nice survivor score of 2000) on my way to waste my previous survivor & your BOB was loaded, with my BOB loaded aswell I was forced(well it was common sense) to make a trip back to the safe house to drop shit off, even with my larger backpack I could not carry it all & was I fuck gonna leave it there.

This game scares me more than it should for a man of my age, a first for me in gaming. The sounds & the darkness of the area's really slow me down which is good. Though yesterday I was stood outside a vent for at least 5 minutes. I did not want to go in. A previous journey through a vent had taught me a lesson, and the pipe banging sound coming from this entrance, combined with the lighting levels was a little spooky, knowing that if I entered I would not be able to use a weapon. Finaly grew a pair & got on with it, but the pause was a little gaming milestone in all my years of playing. Also looking into my BOB or scanning with the pad in new areas sometimes reduces this 38 year old bloke into a 7 year old little girl, My eyes are moving between screen & pad like they are on speed.

Story is starting to come alive now aswell.

Played for about 10 hours or so & where I am at is about a third of the way through the game according to my mate, so I have plenty in front of me & I still have not touched the local multiplayer yet.

• Flicking through this thread and can't wait to get started on this.
    Tonight's the night I reckon.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Flicking through this thread and can't wait to get started on this.
    Tonight's the night I reckon.

Lights off & sound up & play alone(in the room) if you can for max experience.

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    A version or sequel?
    Either, it could just be a shiny version of this...
  • I was quite enjoying it. Until a bug meant I had to restart. Fuck's sake, Ubisoft.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh dear! What kind of bug, out of interest??
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    I was quite enjoying it. Until a bug meant I had to restart. Fuck's sake, Ubisoft.
    Not good...
  • I was looting a body and it changed view on the pad to the map view. No way back.
  • An Ubisoft bug you say... surely no.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    At least it's not a Codemasters game!
  • It's gone awfully quite here. I'm downloading this at the moment. Still good?
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • I almost traded this as we found the MP pretty unimpressive. I tried the SP again, which I'm utterly shit at but it is so well done in terms of atmosphere, feel etc. I ended up keeping it. For the time being at least.
  • I'm not really keen on MP anyway. I haven't played a good survival horror game in yonks so this sounds like the right thing to get. Decision to download game at inflated eshop price vindicated.
  • The mp is a token gesture I would say. At best its a fun diversion which is good if you have two people one of which is not au fait with fps games.

I'm cracking through this now nicely. Always fun to come a cross random survivors and steal their shit.
  • reg seems to like it still.
    I'm too scared.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep. I love it. Onto the fourth "mission"
  • Thought I had been doing pretty well reaching Buckingham palace with my first survivor. The zombies in there saw to that, though - I'm on my fifth one now, and counting. Tension and atmosphere have been ratcheted up a few notches. *shiver*
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Buckingham palace is fairly brutal inside but actually quite short.
  • I got to this bit right (just after spitalfields) and its a bit shit. A bit of a change in tone but complete nonsense. Tiresome.
  • Bugger, I just died at The Tower of London...
    Spoiler:
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Does any of this game take place in daylight?

I'm nearing the end of the current run of Walking Dead comics and watching gameplay of War Z is whetting my wick for a 'proper' zombie survival game...
  • Bugger, I just died at The Tower of London...
    Spoiler:

Yep it is.

don't forget he doesn't want you to do that so you have to go off your own back.

• Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This shit is proper tense! It's the good kind - the fear of the unknown - do i press on a little further in the hope of a safe room, or backtrack now and stash all my loot just incase this character bites the dust.

I'm on my 3rd survivor; a young, ginger, chavvy girl (the trackies, and trainers gave it away, lol), and she's doing alright - currently creeping around inside Buckingham Palace.

Only slight concern i've had is when you respawn, and dash quicktime to where you were, some of the doors get stuck "Loading..." It's not too bad assuming the coast is clear, but i don't wanna get infected cause the Wii-U can't stream the data fast enough. Anyway, for now, it's much ado about nothing.

Very glad i bought this. Just what i needed.
  • I think pretty much every "loading" bit I've been in is safe.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I only mentioned it because the very first time it happended i was escaping from the Supermarket and being chased. The door in question got stuck loading, but luckily there's a 'crouching' bit just before the door which slowed the zombies down. I don't mind tension, but if the games bugged out, that's not so good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!