Things That Should Die With This Gen
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Adhesives have come a long way tbf.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Disc Storage Boxes Changing Size & Shape Just Because The Way The Data Is Stored On The Disc Has Changed
    This should just be a law.
    You'll be glad when you see the Xbox one cases, then.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Bad Sonic games.
  • In app purchases
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Bad Sonic games.
    Like there's another kind.

• beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    In app purchases

Leads to day one patches.

No make that, people who are okay with day one patches.

It's not okay.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Call of Duty. The piece of shite should've died a long long time ago. 

Online passes need to be abolished. 

QTEs. Had enough of it. I'd like to either sit back and watch a cutscene or have lots of skilful interaction with the game, tyvm
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    When I was mid teens and dumber I was hoping CoD after World War 2 would go into other historical conflicts like the Falklands, Korea and South African bush wars if only for one mission each.

Man, the Argentines would go barmy over a Falklands game.
  • I enjoy the call of duty series currently because of high quality art assets i can rip to abuse in my Unity lab, that they have no right to get upset about cause the game was a complete bag of crap, in a way i'm possibly buying the artists way out of hell by giving their work some validity, they are degraded a little less because i gift them the ability to make something that can feasibly be a beautiful thing

until i blow it up

i cant wait until people see these things, terribly exciting.

call of duty and grand theft auto games must be the most depressing games on earth to do art for

sorry this post has no redeeming qualities whatsoever
  • I'm glad that with this gen we mostly got retailers that had game case friendly adhesive on their stickers.

We're not counting CEX in this obviously.
  • I've seen CEX put stickers not only directly on the paper insert for a case but also the manuals. I'm sure some people would have a hernia if they saw.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Affiliated - i.e. professional - journalism. We might not be here without Online/Offline, but those days have gone.
  • The days of paying people to write stuff are gone?
  • Google certainly seem to be trying to move to an author, rather than publication, centred structure for things.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The days of paying people to write [game reviews] are gone?

I wish.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Heheheh.
  • Built-in Rechargable Batteries
    Either take my AAs or feck off.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Paying people to review subjective mediums is a house on sunken foundations. The good residents go down with it. We can only rehouse them.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Gaming blogs. No one reads it, no one cares - now go back to cleaning up that vomit in aisle 17.

Unboxing videos. Seriously?
  • I'm not down with beano and co saying Nintendo should drop hardware because they still make the best portable on the market.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Chief wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Chief wrote:
    I want "running away simulators" to die. Sick of the cheap horror games that aren't intelligent enough to find a real way to scare gamers, instead relying on removing all defence and using cheap mechanics. On the flip side, I want the so-called "AAA" developers to stop making "action horror" in an attempt to hide their inability to actually scare gamers. Also, online military FPS can get to fuck. And almost every Ubisoft does. The cows have long since been milked dry.
    I dunno which games you mean with the running away horror games, if youre including Amnesia or Outlast, you are wrong, but otherwise maybe some are terrible Resident Evil should end
    The original Amnesia did it right, whereas A Machine For Pigs is terrible. Removed everything that made the original great and just forced you to run away in the most linear game I've seen in a while. Outlast, while decent, does nothing new whatsoever. It repeats the exact same pattern during its entirety, run and hide, run and hide, run and hide. Real basic design.
    Urrrgh everyones going to hate me for doing this all the time eventually but its not my fault! Outlast was one of the most appropriate fits i found for a hacky approach to getting oculus support in (some funky drivers by tridef). The genre is absolutely perfect for it just like fps are handy if you own both an oculus and an eating disorder. Game was/is a pretty stress inducing experience when you're feeling too close to everything for comfort. It works well for games like that wholly, Dear Esther was nice too. Pity i couldnt get Amnesia to get it's reality goggles groove on cause it uses OpenGL instead of DX. One day i hope
    I get it. Personally I'd rather see an end of first person horror, as it seems to be the only method PC developers use these days.
    But if you're enjoying them with Oculus then that's cool.
  • Dear Kinnect, please fuck off and die. I hate everything about you. SG.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Built-in Rechargable Batteries Either take my AAs or feck off.

On that note, AA batteries can die in a fire.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Dear Kinnect, please fuck off and die. I hate everything about you. SG.

You clearly hate it so much that you can't even spell it properly.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    I'm not down with beano and co saying Nintendo should drop hardware because they still make the best portable on the market.

Agreed - why should those whose hardware is the furthest from a beige box stop making hardware? To do that would doom us to eternal refinement. Long may they live as an oddity at 90 degrees to the others.

Anything that is fodder for the Daily Mail and it's eternal jaw jaw about violence and gore in video games. For fecks sake stop playing to stereotype.

Stop trying to be Hollywood too - why would anyone continue to aim so low.?

There should be a maximum number of mini-game comp style titles allowed per platform.

No more extra pieces of plastic required to play a game please.

Online services ending for game X. Why? It costs feck all to keep something on as legacy.

And while I'm on the subject - stop segmenting online audiences - pan platform online please.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Built-in Rechargable Batteries Either take my AAs or feck off.
    On that note, AA batteries can die in a fire.
    You can die in a fire.  I'm off to look for matches and a bus ticket to Preston...
  • Cellophane wrappers that don't have a handy tearable tab-strip thing.
    Nuff said really
  • Metal Gear Solid
    We've had enough, thanks.

Hideo Kojima
    Just to be sure.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Metal Gear Solid We've had enough, thanks. Hideo Kojima Just to be sure.

Think this is a little unfair. I love the MGS games, they need a fresh injection of new ideas, but to get rid of it completely? Nah.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • The annual or bi-annual franchise and developers making new iterations of the same game over and over again. If you're a big name developer, make something different and sell it based on your name rather than the franchise. For sports games, it's time for the downloadable update to coincide with the new season.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!