Things That Should Die With This Gen
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It was funny but there's no reason to make them [indies] die.

If I had the capacity I'd reel off a list of indies that made it into multinationals.

But that should go without saying.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Well, i don't like Molyneaux bashing he talks big to maintain a widespread passion in ideas, even though he hasnt managed to scale with the technology rising over the years, scope-wise and implementation into a decent game. Still respect the man a great deal, should probably know better than make promises he cant keep, but i do think he knows he's doing it and its more for the principle of the matter. If you start sounding half arsed about game concepts that are meant to keep people excited that game concepts like that could feasibly happen, that somones trying (even if he fails like a powerful ox-beast of failure), then interest and investment into broad scoped games might falter a bit

No worries Beano i thought it was a dumb poke at the oculus (We of the Oculus Illuminati get defensive easy) cause someone who doesnt super get it might be like 'why the fuck you looking around at invisible stuff with ridiculous goggles, at least the monitors THERE', and then i'd stand on my soapbox and go 'excuse me, the reality in my goggles is more intersting than my monitor and appears to be there the same amount'. So yeah.... lets highfive. I'll take the horse either way i'm hungry

Also yes, Nintendo should do a Sega and bugger off hardware, i mean it would probably mean they fire a hell of a lot of people and get famous for making card games or whatever they did before consoles, but shouldnt do a Sega in the way of like, published a shitton of absolutely terrible games. They should be this elite unit, producing lauded cultural events of games that are anointed by archbishops across the world
  • Chief wrote:
    I want "running away simulators" to die. Sick of the cheap horror games that aren't intelligent enough to find a real way to scare gamers, instead relying on removing all defence and using cheap mechanics. On the flip side, I want the so-called "AAA" developers to stop making "action horror" in an attempt to hide their inability to actually scare gamers. Also, online military FPS can get to fuck. And almost every Ubisoft does. The cows have long since been milked dry.

I dunno which games you mean with the running away horror games, if youre including Amnesia or Outlast, you are wrong, but otherwise maybe some are terrible

Resident Evil should end
  • Horse Armour.
    If I find the cunt who bought this he'll need more than fucking horse armour to protect his worthless ass.

seven years later and we're all still paying for this fool's errand

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Billion digit long dlc codes
    Fuck them, pain in the ass things. Either burn it to the disc or for the xbone have a qr code.

qwerty keyboards that require so much effort
    On a similar note.
    Pressing left, left, left, up, left, up, A, down, down, right, A... repeat times infintey.
    Why is this even still a thing on 360 when it's built in web browser allows a floating cursor that is ten times faster?
  • One of my favourite games so far this year is Legend of Dungeon.  An indie roguelike funded on Kickstarter.    

FUCK YOU GAV!  winkyface/
  • Ass Crud and online passes can get to fuck though.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Chief wrote:
    I want "running away simulators" to die. Sick of the cheap horror games that aren't intelligent enough to find a real way to scare gamers, instead relying on removing all defence and using cheap mechanics. On the flip side, I want the so-called "AAA" developers to stop making "action horror" in an attempt to hide their inability to actually scare gamers. Also, online military FPS can get to fuck. And almost every Ubisoft does. The cows have long since been milked dry.
    I dunno which games you mean with the running away horror games, if youre including Amnesia or Outlast, you are wrong, but otherwise maybe some are terrible Resident Evil should end
    The original Amnesia did it right, whereas A Machine For Pigs is terrible. Removed everything that made the original great and just forced you to run away in the most linear game I've seen in a while.

Outlast, while decent, does nothing new whatsoever. It repeats the exact same pattern during its entirety, run and hide, run and hide, run and hide. Real basic design.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking websites, forums and magazines that get you super excited about games. So much so that you buy them then don't have the time to play them all.

I have probably 20 great games that I still haven't finished. So no more talking up games ok?

Great thread btw.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Perks. Don't make the better players even more powerful, for the love of god!

I want backwards perks. Every time you reach a certain level you lose another skill - if you're good enough to reach level 60/whatever you should take pride in Bing able to take down overpowered noobs.

Mario Kart innit. The shitter you are the more blue shells you get
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    beano wrote:
    It was funny but there's no reason to make them [indies] die.

If I had the capacity I'd reel off a list of indies that made it into multinationals.

But that should go without saying.

Activision is an indie lolololololololol chair powered by jizz spins into the sun
  • qwerty keyboards that require so much effort

We're pretty much there. I've got a little USB keyboard I keep by my TV for the PS3 and I use that SmartGlass thing on 360 (except older things that don't support it and force me to unplug the keyboard from the PS3).

That horrible Kinect text entry shit they've got can get to fuck, though.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    IJStYDm.png

I can take a hint.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Heh
  • AJ wrote:
    qwerty keyboards that require so much effort

We're pretty much there. I've got a little USB keyboard I keep by my TV for the PS3 and I use that SmartGlass thing on 360 (except older things that don't support it and force me to unplug the keyboard from the PS3).

That horrible Kinect text entry shit they've got can get to fuck, though.

Well theres me being a thicko for not even thinking of smartglass lol
  • Terrible AI controlled co-op characters (I.e. fucking Sheva).  The ones who steal ammo, run into walls and die through sheer stupidity.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • This is all just a bit of fun, guys. Let's keep it in that spirit. I'm just fucking around.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Shooting people.

With guns, anyway.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Invisible lines triggering events.

Have you tried deodorant and lassos?

Webbins wrote:
    P2P mechanic of calculating bullets to hit points is bizarre.

To the end of P2P and lag-abusers! Naughty Dog's games are the worst-affected, and they're my favourites.

And Howlin' Doooooo 2. In too many quarters, indie has been a lazy byword in denial of creativity's amorphousness for a dozen-odd years. The Hirst of gaming.
  • Franchises. Burn them all.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Male protagonists. Chop their cocks off.
  • Checking for downloadable content.
    Please dont. I'll ask you if I feel like buying more bits of the game thanks.

2 years of Hype

Granted, this goes for movies too but I dont really need to know so much about about a game so far in advance. Its put me right off most games magazines. A small preview to get the name out there is fine, then have a preview nearer to completion.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Mod74 wrote:
    IJStYDm.png I can take a hint.

No one wanted to come out and say it.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Countdown timers to announcements, or countdown timers to more countdown timers. Either way they're a pox that must be stopped.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Countdown timers to announcements, or countdown timers to more countdown timers. Either way they're a pox that must be stopped.

Oh yes. Hyping the hype. ffs.
    SFV - reddave360
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Nah Gav, lets get serious, pull votes out and forward the thread to publishers when we're done.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Hahaha yeah I'll put it on Greenlight.

Nah, this is a debate free zone. Get dramatic, be a cunt, and there will be no repercussions! What fuckin annoys you?
    This is the thread where we can all be like we were on FNF, basically. Let's have some fun, dammit!
  • Chief wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Chief wrote:
    I dunno which games you mean with the running away horror games, if youre including Amnesia or Outlast, you are wrong, but otherwise maybe some are terrible Resident Evil should end
    The original Amnesia did it right, whereas A Machine For Pigs is terrible. Removed everything that made the original great and just forced you to run away in the most linear game I've seen in a while. Outlast, while decent, does nothing new whatsoever. It repeats the exact same pattern during its entirety, run and hide, run and hide, run and hide. Real basic design.

Urrrgh everyones going to hate me for doing this all the time eventually but its not my fault!

Outlast was one of the most appropriate fits i found for a hacky approach to getting oculus support in (some funky drivers by tridef). The genre is absolutely perfect for it just like fps are handy if you own both an oculus and an eating disorder. Game was/is a pretty stress inducing experience when you're feeling too close to everything for comfort. It works well for games like that wholly, Dear Esther was nice too. Pity i couldnt get Amnesia to get it's reality goggles groove on cause it uses OpenGL instead of DX. One day i hope
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Lets burn the factories!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!