Google and Apple consoles............Hooray!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    The inconsistencies are across a range of threads. One rule for MS products. Another for everything else. We could carry on with this but what's the point? I think you're biased. You don't.

I don't know why me looking at past and current intentions towards the under the TV space and declaring a dedicated console never going to happen makes me biased.

Is it just that the suggestion they won't do something you like the sound of upsets you? That's a very fanboyish reaction.
  • I hope you're not seriously suggesting you're not biased?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    That wasn't what I said.
  • So what's the problem then? You just don't like people pointing it out to you?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    My problem is people ignoring the very good, imo, reasoning for my opinion and simply calling it bias if they don't agree.

But...being philosophical, I can't really account for other peoples stupidity so I should probably just learn to ignore them.
  • Ah, that'll be it then, it's not bias at all - it's blindingly good arguments that everyone's too stupid to respond to.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    My problem is people ignoring the very good, imo, reasoning for my opinion and simply calling it bias if they don't agree.
    I see. Well first of all, I don't think you've got very good reasons, imo. Hence why I'm calling it bias. A position arrived at not from reasoning but an inherent prejudice. You'd have made your way to the same position with or without good reasons. In this case, without. You might think they're good. They aren't. If you had good reasons, and I was calling it bias, that might be a different story. But you don't so it isn't. 
    Mod74 wrote:
    But...being philosophical, I can't really account for other peoples stupidity so I should probably just learn to ignore them.
    Quite. It's either stupid or dishonest to misrepresent my argument as badly as this.
    Mod74 wrote:
    I don't know why me looking at past and current intentions towards the under the TV space and declaring a dedicated console never going to happen makes me biased.
    Of course, of the reasons I've cited for Mod's bias, this was never one of them and its one of the least contentious things he's said. So obviously its the one he chooses to defend himself against, and pretends that it's the entire argument against him.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    If you didn't think I had very good reasons then why didn't you challenge them?

Putting your fingers in your ears and saying lal la bias is a very child like thing to do and belies a very superficial understanding of the technology and politics involved in Apple launching a console.
  • Edit: I thought I was challenging you.

Double Edit: Plus more wilful misrepresentation. Very good. I'm leaning towards dishonest as the cause.
  • "It's not me, it's everyone else"
    heh :-)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Four.
  • It doesn't matter now anyway. Apple are doing a watch instead.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jul/01/apple-iwatch-trademark-wearable-technology

It will no doubt be better than any watch Microsoft could come up with.

First one to call me a cunt wins.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • It doesn't matter now anyway. Apple are doing a watch instead.
    Lol.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    It doesn't matter now anyway. Apple are doing a watch instead. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jul/01/apple-iwatch-trademark-wearable-technology It will no doubt be better than any watch Microsoft could come up with. First one to call me a cunt wins.

Rip off

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/features/2003/jan03/01-09spotwatches.aspx

After tablets and watches I wonder what other early 2000's Microsoft tech Apple are going to copy.

Oh, and "cunt"
  • I don't understand peoples beef with Mod in this thread. What he said was reasonable. Then all of a sudden we're shouting at each other.

I don't believe an Apple console will be a thing either.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    It doesn't matter now anyway. Apple are doing a watch instead. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jul/01/apple-iwatch-trademark-wearable-technology It will no doubt be better than any watch Microsoft could come up with. First one to call me a cunt wins.
    Rip off http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/features/2003/jan03/01-09spotwatches.aspx After tablets and watches I wonder what other early 2000's Microsoft tech Apple are going to copy. Oh, and "cunt"

Yes, Mod. Microsoft invented both tablet computers and smart watches.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Where's the sarcasm smiley when you need one.
  • I quite enjoy mod's debates with monkey, yoss etc. But mod is right that some of the others that just seem to come on to egg on the fight with nothing to contribute themselves are a bit annoying. 

Which is sort of what I'm doing now. Shit. 

/backs slowly away mumbling apologies
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Where's the sarcasm smiley when you need one.

Usually I'd work it if someone was being sarcastic or not based on the context rather than the addition of a smiley. It doesn't always work.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A console from Apple is, indirectly, a few months away. Once official controller support is there I'm sure games like bastion et al will update their apps to enable this control.

From there, all you need is an Apple TV an iPhone and you have your system. Admittedly not optimised for widescreen, but it will work, though I do hope they add iOS to Apple TV. 

Your point though Mod about copying is a bit misguided. What Apple do is, with the exception of the original Apple I, is take an idea that usually doesn't work and make into something that does. And they also understand that an ecosystem is required for success, the iPhone and iPad would be dead without the App Store, which pretty much every other company, including ms, have copied.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Actually, they should be optimised, the iPhone 5 has a 16:9 screen.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    He's only bloody right...
  • Oh you crazy (fanboi?) bears and badgers.....
    Platform wars are fun!

On a serious note, what would the implications of an updated appletv/android tv be for console gaming?
    Guess it all comes down to implementation but (and it's a big BUT) what if Apple (or Google) finally gets the former hobby right?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Hopefully it will make MS, Sony and Publishers really look at their digital pricing model.

While I don't always agree with the forcing of the price down as low as £0.69, we should really be looking at much cheaper games, and certainly the iOS app store has shown that brands can have success, even with games as much as £10.99 (Chaos Rings 2).

Surely, it's not a stretch to get "full" games to meet somewhere around the £25 mark? Though I say "full" because some XBLA games have had more depth than soem full price titles I've paid for in the past.
  • An Apple or Google console will always mean a race to the bottom. Fuck that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tell that to Cave.
  • hunk wrote:
    On a serious note, what would the implications of an updated appletv/android tv be for console gaming?

Increased irrelevance to the mainstream but holding a niche for high performance triple A stuff that becomes the preserve of dedicated developers. Big studios will follow the money. e.g. The iOS version of Fifa will progressively become more console like, while the console version stagnates (even more).
  • That presupposes that people want to buy a smart box thing for the TV. They're pretty niche themselves at the moment. That may be as much a product of zero marketing as much as anything else.
  • Amazon reveals Fire TV set-top box and controller

w7qYyAy.jpg
    yGuBVYd.jpg

It's not going to set the gaming world on fire, but it has to chip away at the profits of the existing console manufacturers, especially the PS360 tail.

What happened to controller support for Apple anyway?
  • I'm not sure why you'd buy one of those over a PS3 personally

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!