Google and Apple consoles............Hooray!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The manufacturer.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    I'm not entirely sure what separates an enhanced Apple TV and the Xbone sufficiently to fully endorse one but be massively antagonistic about another.

When have I been antagonistic? And why are you even mentioning XB1? I'm not entirely convinced by its TV credentials either.

Oh, to be a massive cunt. Gotcha.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    The manufacturer.

Oh do fuck off.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    The manufacturer.
    Oh do fuck off.

Aha, so I was right!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    The manufacturer.
    Oh do fuck off.

Lighten up Mod. It was just a joke.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yes, because my scepticism about Apple "TV" has only been arrived at since MS said they were adding TV features.

I was all for it until MS announced something that somehow is a competitor to a product that doesn't even exist so now I'm compelled to rubbish it.

You lot can really be some proper cunts when you put your mind to it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mod, you're conflating two different things said by two different posters, one of which was a joke.
  • I hope I'm not one of these cunts :(
  • Mod74 wrote:
    And why are you even mentioning XB1? 
    From page 2 of this thread. 

Mod74 wrote:
    Either they're waiting to realise Jobs' vision, or they realised the closest they could get was what MS have done with the XB1 and don't fancy it/have been beaten to the punch.
    You brought up the similarities yourself, but drop the c-bomb all over the place when someone does it on the next page. 

I just think it's funny that you can be massively positive towards the ideas and potential of the XB1 when that's the subject. Then in the Apple / Google thread, when a product with very similar features is being mooted / discussed, you start criticising it from all sorts of angles. No one wants it, no one needs it, they've only announced the protocols for a controller, the hierarchy of the company is muddled, their product range isn't diversified enough. Anything you can hurl at it. 

Yoss may have been joking about the manufacturer being the reason for the inconsistency. I think it's spot on (and it's what I was implying with my previous comment). It's hard to see any other reason why your position would be so different between the two.  
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Erm, I mentioned the XB1 as something Apple would have probably considered doing but not fancy as it's not a properly complete solution. As Yoss said.

The TV side of XB1 is good but nowhere near good enough to be the revolution Apple (and its customers/investors) look for in their new products. Without the hook of proper console games (not uprezzed phone games) and without "unifying" TV (because it can't) what purpose would it serve? 

I've said for years now the oft rumoured Apple TV will never happen. Whether it's a whole set or an "enhanced" set top box. If I'm proved wrong then by all means remind me.

Feel free to answer my question about where I was being antagonistic. And for the record, bringing shit up like "you love that one but hate this one just because of badges" is antagonistic.
  • I listed the ways you were being a prick above. Post after post of increasingly tenuous criticisms of a product you've never seen and that may not exist, and that you yourself defintiely dont think exists. Not exactly enthusiastic and supportive is it?
    Mod74 wrote:
    And for the record, bringing shit up like "you love that one but hate this one just because of badges" is antagonistic.
    What if its true?

Both of those questions are rhetorical btw. I can't be arsed with another round of your contrarian, pro-MS, anti-everyone else bullshit. I'd just appreciate it if you didn't pollute every tech thread with it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Polluting every tech thread with pro-MS bullshit?

I mentioned the XB1 as a product that would be inferior to what Apple would want to produce.

Try getting your facts straight before launching into personal attacks. If you've got nothing to offer the discussion other than naive optimism and personal attacks for anyone that doesn't share it then I think it's you that needs to stop polluting threads.
  • lulz - chill out mod or you'll end up having another of your little meltdowns.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    And another personal comment instead of the topic.
  • Is calling someone a cunt a personal attack Mod?
  • Nah, cos when Mod calls someone a cunt it's cos he's only joking rite! So that's okay. But anyone doing it to him is being a big meany and getting personal so he'll have a little whine about it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Is calling someone a cunt a personal attack Mod?

It is yes. If you don't like them then stop handing them out.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Nah, cos when Mod calls someone a cunt it's cos he's only joking rite! So that's okay. But anyone doing it to him is being a big meany and getting personal so he'll have a little whine about it.

And another personal comment instead of the topic.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You've made three posts in this thread and they've all been about me.

Do you want to discuss the topic or stir shit and egg on the big boys from the sidelines as usual?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Is calling someone a cunt a personal attack Mod?

It is yes. If you don't like them then stop handing them out.

I don't really mind them. No one knows me personally so its difficult for them to make personal attacks. And I really don't think I've said anything personal. Questioned your posting 'logic' and insulted your contribution to debates. Are they personal attacks or fair comment?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    (I) Questioned your posting 'logic' and insulted your contribution to debates. Are they personal attacks ...?

I can't quite believe you actually asked that.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    (I) Questioned your posting 'logic' and insulted your contribution to debates. Are they personal attacks ...?
    You think pointing out inconsistencies in someone's posting is a personal attack on that person?
    You think stating a belief that much of that person's posting has a largely negative effect on debates is a personal attack on that person? 
    Edit: Not saying I haven't thrown insults about. I have. 

I'm just sick of everything turning into 'Mod vs the world'. I've got to take some of the responsibility for that as well though.
  • Oh my, people already getting emo defending their favorite corporation!
    And the 'consoles' haven't seen the light of day yet.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • On another note, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    sony ps4 vs win xbone vs google android tv vs ios appletv.

Hardcore vs casual.
    The settopbox war for your livingroom has just begun......
    Steam: Ruffnekk
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    You think pointing out inconsistencies in someone's posting is a personal attack on that person? You think stating a belief that much of that person's posting has a largely negative effect on debates is a personal attack on that person?  I'm just sick of everything turning into 'Mod vs the world'. I've got to take some of the responsibility for that as well though.

What inconsistencies?

If I was the parody you accuse me of being wouldn't I have said "Google Console? Apple Console? Pfft. Xbox One is already doing all of this better and is coming out in November"?

No, I actually said the Xbox One wasn't good enough for Apple.

Yes, I "defended" the criticisms of the XB1 TV functions by saying it was about as good as you could hope to currently get. Something I've been saying about Apple TV for months/years.

Jesus.
  • The inconsistencies are across a range of threads. One rule for MS products. Another for everything else.

We could carry on with this but what's the point? I think you're biased. You don't.
  • Steam: Ruffnekk

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!