adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I tried Doom on the RG300X and that runs super well, very nice.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Analogue Pocket is finally shipping for pre-orderers on 13 December.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    FFFfffffuuuuu... that's tempting.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't think they'll be available immediately but it sounds like they've ordered more than they need to fulfill the pre-orders so they should be opening up orders again at some point soon.
  • I reckon it's time Muzzy bought some more GBA carts off me.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    If you’ve ever worried that your 32X doesn’t sit in your Multi Mega securely enough, never fear! 3D printing is here.

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • How niche!! Love the SEGA like jazz funk title music bgm.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I always thought the Multi Mega was incompatible with the 32X.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Now that would be doubly hillarious!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Not many games are still relevant 20 years after release.
    Rez is definitely up there.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Splendid game. Triple dipped on it... DC originally then PS2 and HD on 360.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I always thought the Multi Mega was incompatible with the 32X.
    Eric wrote:
    Now that would be doubly hillarious!

He never does power the combo on in the video, so maybe it's just for merdes and mirth?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That Rez video has made me want to play it again. I don't think I beat the game in beyond mode.
  • Moran alert: I never really clicked with Rez. I love rail shooters but the synthesia thing seemed heavier than the shooting, much preferred Panzer Zwei, Lylatt Wars or Sin & Punishment tbh. Can't win 'em all, but it's a blot on my Sega credentials.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    When I first started playing it I was "meh" about it. But then something just clicked. It's easy to dismiss as style over substance but it's really very stylish. It's in my top 100 thread entry.
  • I've got access to it in VR, I really should try that before I get rid of my headset. May take another look at the weekend.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Rez and Cosmic Smash on the same console.  Shame on gamers for the early demise of Dreamcast.
  • Only ever played Rez on the DC and now PC.
    Awesome game and together with Panzer Dragoon the epitome of the rail shooter.

Love Mizuguchi's output, esp. Sega Rally and Rez. Both were gamechangers significantly raising the bar within their respective genres. Sega Rally signalled the shift from arcade to driving sim in racing games while Rez is......has never been surpassed really.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. Sega Rally is a classic in my book. I've played it a pile via the Saturn port which itself is still a great game albeit with gritty graphics. I have it running on the model2 emulator though and it's splendid on that. SR2 on Dreamcast is OK but it should have been a lot better - a CE port which explains that.
  • It's hard to pick the most impressive port from the late '95 trio of Virtua Fighter 2, Cop and Sega Rally, but I think maybe Rally edges it. They even got the split screen mode working at a playable level.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That was quite a combo on the old Saturn for sure. Top notch PAL ports too.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Shame on gamers for the early demise of Dreamcast.

Well, kinda. That and the PS2 being actually (and I hate to admit this) quite good, combined with Sony's unstoppable PR machine, and SEGA's missteps with Mega Drive add-ons and the Saturn, the Dreamcast had an up hill battle from the off.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Love the old PS2 as well - just played a level of its port of Rez in score attack over lunch :)   The PS2 is a real workhorse of a console. Covers mainstream, niche and weird. 

But there was something about the Dreamcast. Bitter sweet. It was a proper arcade machine at home with arcadey games. That's why I liked it and probably another reason it didn't do that well.

I'd love a model2/3/Naomi mini.
  • You’re right about the Dreamcast there Davy. The catalogue of games felt like it was well curated. I know it had its share of shovelware, but the big titles felt like a library that hung together well. I hadn’t really thought about it before, but you’re right - it did feel ‘arcadey’. There was a certain vibe to a ‘Dreamcast game’ that made it feel like it belonged on the machine.
  • davyK wrote:
    Rez and Cosmic Smash on the same console.  Shame on gamers for the early demise of Dreamcast.

Cosmic Smash was tough to get hold of. Never released in the UK. Shame on Sega for that.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Cosmic Smash was tough to get hold of. Never released in the UK. Shame on Sega for that.

true - it's all in English even in its native form.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    But there was something about the Dreamcast.
    poprock wrote:
    The catalogue of games felt like it was well curated. [...] There was a certain vibe to a ‘Dreamcast game’ that made it feel like it belonged on the machine.

It was probably the last console where you could look at a screenshot of a game and identify the machine it was running on. You could clearly tell what was a SNES game and a Mega Drive title back in t' day, and N64/Saturn/PlayStation were easily identifiable. These days I watch the PS45 versus Xbox Series One versus PC videos on YouTube and I'll be buggered if I can see the slightest difference.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It was the last console I felt a real buzz about in shops. People smiling at the demo pods playing and watching Ready 2 Rumble boxing etc.

Good point about its games being identifiable too. Homogeneity is inevitable though Nintendo still has its own look even if it could be recreated on the other consoles.

It helps that I have the arcade stick for it too. Really adds to the feel as most games work great with it.

Dreamcast = bright colours.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just got this in the post. Story of Missile Command and a Brit's journey to the top of the high score charts. :) 

Would love Asteroids to get this kind of love from a world champ!  :) 

KZ5hxCp.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!