Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Blimey, how does that work then (with connecting to other users)?
  • Olimite wrote:
    Blimey, how does that work then (with connecting to other users)?

I really don't know.  But it works for me and my mates on PES 2013 (360 version).
  • A few people have the demo of this on PS3, one of my friend's being one of them.  It was mistakingly put on PSN for a day and then taken off.

Apparently it's extremely good, even for a very old build.
  • Return of the hexagon!  or has that been back for a while? i do wish the 'new' team selection bit would feck off and go back to the good old days with a nice simple list of names and stats that are easy to compare and pick from...

HEXAGONNNNNNN! That alone would get me hooked, but I've also be selected for a Come Round party so I get a copy of the game for nowt. Get the feeling this month is going to be a good one; just hope it plays as well as it looks. 

Shame about the lack of stadia and rain mind!
  • Plan_XIII wrote:
    A few people have the demo of this on PS3, one of my friend's being one of them.  It was mistakingly put on PSN for a day and then taken off. Apparently it's extremely good, even for a very old build.
    i thought the first demo of pes 2013 was excellent.  the second demo seemed a little less so.
    the final game seemed slightly less exciting again, but it played ok for a week or so then woke up and decided to fuck me over in every single game.
    basically i think they made close dribbling easy in the first demo so it seemed mucho fun, then they stripped it back for launch.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • First impression from demo... Positive!
    Now for Fifa....
  • Cannot be 100% certain but after one game of FIFA and one of PES, I'm 99.999999% sure I enjoyed Pro Evo more. Need to spend more time with both but PES felt far more fluid and flowing, the animation has come on heaps. Where FIFA seems like a grind, PES is more open but naturally so, it was fun to play. The front end is lo-fi, functional, but it's a whole lot more slicker in game. Need to compare both more but I could return from my fooball game sabbatical for PES this year.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • The thing that irks me in Fifa is the menu/presentation. Skipping through a dozen layers of splash screens or menus with lag in between. Ugh. Plus I don't much enjoy the way the game plays.

I'd have to say of recent years, most of my enjoyment of either series has been the PES Playmaker games on Wii. Pointer controls have no right to work that well, but they do.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • And just played several games of the demo. Feels good, nice and responsive but I'm a bit rusty. I cant say I notice a huge difference between it and the last demo I played though.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Pretty certain I would prefer PES if it's less stoic than FIFA but, and this is the right thread to put it in now, the demo doesn't load (on PS3). Seems quite a few people online have the same issue.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Mine hadn't downloaded (on 360) by bedtime last night, so will have to try tonight. Hearing some good things (elsewhere) which is positive.

I have asked before but am never sure. If I want to play as Palace (online), can I do so with all the updated names/stadiums/badges, etc?
  • Olimite wrote:
    Mine hadn't downloaded (on 360) by bedtime last night, so will have to try tonight. Hearing some good things (elsewhere) which is positive. I have asked before but am never sure. If I want to play as Palace (online), can I do so with all the updated names/stadiums/badges, etc?

Yes you can mate.  You'll need to wait for the option file though, doesn't usually take long.  You download it onto a USB stick and you're away.

Everything you need here:

http://forums.onlyproevolutions.com/
  • Webbins wrote:
    Cannot be 100% certain but after one game of FIFA and one of PES, I'm 99.999999% sure I enjoyed Pro Evo more. Need to spend more time with both but PES felt far more fluid and flowing, the animation has come on heaps. Where FIFA seems like a grind, PES is more open but naturally so, it was fun to play. The front end is lo-fi, functional, but it's a whole lot more slicker in game. Need to compare both more but I could return from my fooball game sabbatical for PES this year.
    this was pretty much my impression after one game of each last night (on PS3 for those saying it didn't work for them).  PES felt empowering, the dribbling was nice, i like how they (and FIFA) have altered the way you can change direction when sprinting, but PES's feels much nicer.  also the way players interacted physically felt much better and fairer - quick players were able to slip past players when they had momentum and didn't just get pulled back.
    as a little comparison: on pes i played as bayern against colo colo, won 4-0, scored a classy typical robben goal, skinning the defender for pace, cut across onto left foot and smashed it in top corner...also scored two good headers, one a delightful curled cross from lahm met by kroos running in, the other a corner with the centre half powering in at the back post.
    on fifa, i played as PSG against new york...and ground out a 0-0.  it was by no means awful, but while i felt like i had the better players, getting them to demonstrate it was much harder...crosses were floaty, zlatan didn't win any headers.
    in pes i felt i could run AT defenders, in fifa it was the usual run away from them...

but then that was just after one game.
  • This works fine for me on PS3.

I am very, very impressed so far.  Extremely fluid.
  • Had a good few games now.  I love it.  It just feels right.  I'm scoring all different types of goal and playing some beautiful football.

Apparently this is an old version of the game, I hope they don't change too much because it's fantastic.  I just wish we could turn the player names OFF!  I hate the way they hover above their heads.
  • my concern is i had a similar feeling after the first demo last year.  however it later seemed as if they had given the players superpowers compared to the final release, and the game thus felt much more like a grind.  there's also the PES issue that if you up the AI skill level, are they going to play better football or simply start fucking you over?  i only played the demo on the default level, so the AI wasn't particularly competitive. if they can manage to retain the feeling of skill i had, but make the AI more challenging in a fair way, it could be a winner.
  • Yep I hear you.  PES becomes frustrating on higher difficulties although I found Top Player to be just right once I got into PES 13.
  • I played as France since I knew Cabaye was still going to remain there at least
  • Played both demo's, definitely prefer the PES one, but can't say I really enjoyed either.

PES seemed more difficult to control than last year's version, and still has a lot of the same shitty cheating AI as per usual.

Just played a game where I played in Valencia, had a few yards head start on the defender as a result, and despite me holding down sprint as he ran onto the ball, he still slowed to a crawl while 2 defenders caught him up. Managed to hold them off and score but he should've been away and left them for dead.

It did the same a couple of times with Rooney, even if you get your body in front of the defender they magically pull you back never letting you get away but not fouling either.

Look fugly as well, even for an early build.

Also, one of these days Konami, set the crowd animations to loop at fractionally different intervals and they might not look like the inmates of a Thai prison doing a dance routine.
  • I went back for a few more games and the magic seems to have fizzled out already. At first I thought it might have just been because I picked England, but other teams just didn't feel quite as sexy as that first impression. Also a criminal mistake... I went for a rematch and of its own bat the computer decided to totally change my team selection! Wtaf?
  • Aye hammered it tonight but may have cooled slightly. Agree on the shitty sprint, cannot seem to get any pace going with the fast lads. See what the final game brings.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i need to try this.
    ps3 demo still available?
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Should be.

Yeah I gave this a good crack today. After initially thinking it was promising, it soon turned to frustration and annoyance. Went back to the Fifa 14 demo, played a few games of that and it clicked.

Swing and a miss. Player models look fantastic though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Just played a game where I played in Valencia, had a few yards head start on the defender as a result, and despite me holding down sprint as he ran onto the ball, he still slowed to a crawl while 2 defenders caught him up. Managed to hold them off and score but he should've been away and left them for dead.

It did the same a couple of times with Rooney, even if you get your body in front of the defender they magically pull you back never letting you get away but not fouling either.
    I've always hated that, it seems to be a next gen 'feature' as it doesnt exist in the PS2 versions. I don't have a clue why they added it, it's the most unrealistic AI cheat in the game. It takes away your reward for good play, even though getting away from your defender doesn't guarantee success from your attempted cross/shot/cutback.

In the PS2 games you'd get clean through, but if you tried to be too greedy with it and sprint away with your first touch you'd often knock the ball too far ahead of yourself and the keeper would gather it up. I much prefered that, as if you get it right you can knock it round the oncoming keeper with a well timed press of the the sprint button, no need for any trick stick wankery.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    After initially thinking it was promising, it soon turned to frustration and annoyance.

I'm hearing that a lot now. Will give it another go, but sounds like another miss from Konami.
  • I'm hearing the opposite.  People are enjoying FIFA at first then getting bored after several games.

Have to say, after playing a lot more of both I'm definitely in for PES AND FIFA this year - it's a good season for footy games.

Gonna buy PES for single player career mode because FIFA's AI is still atrocious and FIFA 14 for online ranked 2v2 goodness!
  • Oh and the players names above heads really fucks me off on this PES.  In PES 2013 I could turn it off but not in this one.

Why oh why do Konami make stupid changes - it was just fine with player names on bottom of screen, like in FIFA.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I actively turn it on on Fifa. It means I know quickly who the player is and what they can/can't do. I don't think the names on Fifa are as invasive as they appear to be on PES.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!