Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Lol - next thing you'll be starting an online petition.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think there is a point to be made about the lack of development of FIFA /- it's extreme on handhelds, and at least PES are still tinkering enough to give us a new engine at this point rather than string it out for one more year.

I know you are attached with FIFA due to your work in other places, but I do think there's a debate to be had about it without just a "lol" response
  • Fifa legacy editions should really be sold as dlc for 2013 owners or for platinum/classic prices for new.

Anything more is a scam.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • So Oli works for EA?!  Send me some t-shirts and badges man! 

:D
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Reg, you know I'm completely in agreement about the lack of development on the handheld versions. I can see why EA did it for Vita, but not so much for the 3DS version. Maybe additional resources were needed for the NG version, I don't know.

Threatening to boycott in favour of PES because of that as jm suggested is the sort if response I expect from the kids on the EA forum. Maybe I should have quoted, but I wasn't actually responding to your post in the first place.

And PM, no I don't work for EA!
  • Just experienced some dodgy goalkeeping!  Helmet boy palmed a long range shot into his own net.  The ball was swerving all over the place but he should have saved it.

This better not happen frequently.
  • PES2011 was good, PES2012 awful and PES2013 OK. This? Easily the best of the gen. 

People taking Rafael's face as a representation of the game annoy me. They've just rewritten the game from the ground up so they've lost so many things. Worth it though, completely different experience from other years.

I haven't seen any dodgy keeping yet either; the slowdown in menus is improved if you install the game to HDD but not removed. The speed of the replays is currently my big gripe. 

I'd love to use an option file/data pack, but I don't like the fact they create new players/teams etc. All I want is proper kits, names, badges and transfers, nothing more nothing less.
  • What system you playing on loxdog?
  • I've got the same beef as someone else here, Ram I think. Play a few good, entertaining games against the AI then all of a sudden they start fucking you over. My biggest pet hate was the through ball that bisects your player and their centre back, giving them a straight foot race but somehow your guy always comes off second best, just beaten to the ball even though he's supposedly the faster player. It happens almost time, even when there's 20 yards to put the ball in front of your striker to make sure he gets there first it's always that 50/50 ball and you always lose out.

Going back to this - it's a great point and spoiled PES 2013 for me.  But that's gone now, if you have a decent striker/winger with pace, you'll get away from the opposition with ease.

Here:

• Nah, I played someone through perfectly to beat the offside trap on the demo as the defence stepped up, but, as if by magic, the Sprint button didn't work, and despite having a head start and a fast player I still got hauled back before the edge of the area. Deal breaker.
  • Full game is so different to demo mate - that was a very old build.
  • If so I'm in, just got to hang fire till the birthday and I'll march the missus down to Asda's.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    If so I'm in, just got to hang fire till the birthday and I'll march the missus down to Asda's.

Please don't buy the game from just my opinion, I'd feel terrible if you hated it!

It's a Marmite game this season it seems.  Some ADORE it, some just can't see what the fuss is about.
  • Plan_XIII wrote:
    Full game is so different to demo mate - that was a very old build.
    Buy me a copy, and if you're right I'll pay you back.

• Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Plan_XIII wrote:
    I've got the same beef as someone else here, Ram I think. Play a few good, entertaining games against the AI then all of a sudden they start fucking you over. My biggest pet hate was the through ball that bisects your player and their centre back, giving them a straight foot race but somehow your guy always comes off second best, just beaten to the ball even though he's supposedly the faster player. It happens almost time, even when there's 20 yards to put the ball in front of your striker to make sure he gets there first it's always that 50/50 ball and you always lose out.

Going back to this - it's a great point and spoiled PES 2013 for me.  But that's gone now, if you have a decent striker/winger with pace, you'll get away from the opposition with ease.

Here:

Isn't the danger here that people will just spam the same teams then to get cheap wins online. Is there any sort of matchmaking to avoid stuff like that happening?

• Not sure about any of the online aspects to be honest.  Konami will probably fuck it up I reckon.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    That's a shame really. I'm imagining the 11 vs 11 will be a car crash.
  • Plan_XIII wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    If so I'm in, just got to hang fire till the birthday and I'll march the missus down to Asda's.

Please don't buy the game from just my opinion, I'd feel terrible if you hated it!

It's a Marmite game this season it seems.  Some ADORE it, some just can't see what the fuss is about.

No worries, I'm an old PES head (pisshead?), you've answered any fears I had from the demo. I'm not too fussed about online as Master League was always were it was at for me.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Olimite wrote:
    Threatening to boycott in favour of PES because of that as jm suggested is the sort if response I expect from the kids on the EA forum.

Threatening to boycott, online petitions, caps lock rantings and the like quite typical of the EA forum, I'd imagine, but choosing not to buy something because you're disappointed with the way a company have handled things seems fair enough, no?  You don't have to beat a drum about it, like most people do online, but just not buying something because you're not keen on what's going on definitely sounds like something I'd consider.
  • Plan_XIII wrote:
    What system you playing on loxdog?

Last 3 years have been 360, PS3 this year though.
  • stop trying to tempt me.
    last year i fell for the pretty demo, spunked the cash, dived into master league with gay abandon, ignored how fucking stupid they made most of it, all for the remembered love of crafting your own team of numpties...it started off well too but within a week i was nearly dead from 'completely-fucked-offness-rage' caused by the cheating scum bag PES AI.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The general consesus at the Pro Evo forums is that this runs a lot smoother on the 360.
    Playing on 360 now, UK version, and just wanted to confirm there are no framerate issues for me here, even on replays. Gameplan is still slow though. The PS3 version has serious issues with it. So smooth on the 360. Definitely sticking with this.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Eeeeekkkk I'll 100% be buying on PS3 so that's put a dent in my confidence
  • Why don't you just buy it on the 360?  The DS3 is horrible for playing footy games with, too.
  • No, everyone should go PS3, just in case I give in and get it and want to play some of you lot! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Plan_XIII wrote:
    Why don't you just buy it on the 360?  The DS3 is horrible for playing footy games with, too.

Because my 360 has bee retired to retro cupboard after Microsoft decided to only release another fucking Gears game as their only first party title this year.
  • Picked up the PS3 version yesterday. Got done over by 'North London' as 'Tyneside' on top player, and will now be picking good teams to play as whilst I adjust to the difficulty.

I have found in recent years that if I go for 'professional' instead of top player, it gets far too easy, but then at top player level it becomes far too hard. I can only assume I am on the cusp of greatness.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • My assumption was correct. Team selection was my handicap.
  • On third thoughts, the game cheats. Taking it back tomorrow.
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    In what ways did you think it was cheating? I'll hazard a guess at the AI players kicking you up the arse to knock you off the ball all the time, and every time you do it you give away a free kick is one of them. That's what I got most during the three games I played on the demo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!