Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuck this game.

I need an AA launcher (the game doesn't tell me what this is. Is it a vehicle or gun placement or a weapon?) and I've come out of the water beside a little hut, where I'm hiding. The game autosaves and immediately an alarm goes off, meaning every time it loads I will get the alarm. Great.

The objective pointer is on a vehicle so I guess an AA launcher is a vehicle. There's a soldier beside it so I empty an entire clip into him, missing with every bullet. He one shot kills me.

I restart with the alarm, no other option but to restart the mission completely. I somehow manage to kill the guy and run towards the vehicle. The other guy I didn't see one shot kills me.

Next time, the soldier runs right up to me and I empty a clip into him at point blank range, missing with every bullet. He one shots me.

I do it all again and run down to the vehicle, the other soldier has run away and hidden. I don't know how to get into the vehicle so I run around it a bit pressing buttons. I get shot.

I do it all again, Jesus. I get to the vehicle and I realise that pressing space is doing something but I'm not sure what. I check inventory and it seems that the vehicle is listed as a crate for some reason. I drag out a missile launcher thing into my inventory and run back to the cover of the hut, getting one shotted in the back. FUCK YOU.

I do it all again, I get the missile launcher and make it back to the hut. Objective is to take down a helicopter. I run to cover at the top of the hill. A boat I hadn't seen shoots me, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Everything again (eventually, as I get killed trying a bunch of times), I make it to cover, avoid the fucking boat and get the helicopter in my sights and shoot but it turns out I picked up the wrong launcher and this thing shoots a rocket into the water with a pathetic splash.

FUCKING EVERYTHING AGAIN CUNTS JESUS,  I get the correct launcher, find the helicopter and get it in my sights but nothing happens, no aim, lock or fire. 10 minutes scrabbling around menus reveals that I have no ammo for the AA launcher. It didn't automatically come with it JESUS CHRIST. I run back to the vehicle and get shot.

FUCKING AGAIN, I get a missile this time and run back to cover, get the helicopter in my sights and still can't fire, WHAT THE FUCK. I quit out of the game and go online and it turns out I need to press T to lock on - thanks for not bothering to tell me that or put it in the control list STUPID FUCKING GAME. I get back to the helicopter, lock on, shoot - and completely miss. I have no more missiles. I run back to the vehicle, of course getting fucking killed.

GETTING A BIT ANGRY NOW I do everything again, this time I get the rockets and drag them into my inventory, each one takes about 10 seconds to drag with a lengthy animation and there are four of them. I finally get them into my inventory and run back towards cover, immediately getting shot and killed. I WISH DEATH ON THE PROGRAMMERS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

I DO IT ALL AGAIN, make it to the helicopter get it in my sights and fire - and miss. The second missile hits and the helicopter goes down. FUCKING HOORAY. The game autosaves and I immediately get shot and killed. When I restart I immediately get killed. And that's that forever. FUCK YOU GAME.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    fuck the show cases, I know the mission your on about, same shit happened to me. Go to steam workshop and download a few maps and have fun. Failing that just make  a  game. Its bit off that technically all you bought is a level editor and a few glorified tutorials
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • @kow You should be able to manually save from the menu when it's safe to do so, the reason you're setting off alarms/getting killed right before it saves is because the saves are based on triggers when you enter a particular area/complete a particular objective and the AI is not in a fixed position each time so sometimes they will see you right as you enter the save area. Saving manually should sort that problem out. Also, while you're learning the game, it's possible to turn the AI difficulty down from the menu - you can tune tune everything including how much damage kills them. Not sure why you're not killing them from point blank range though, i've never had a problem with that.

We should get a forum coop game going soon! Who's in?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've found that if I return to an earlier save due to some fuck up then I can no longer manually save for some reason, which was what happened in the above situation.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    In the process of making a huge base defend scenario. Gonna have day and night cycles with waves of enemies increasing in difficulty. Might make the ammo dump a bit out of the way so you have to work as a team to get there?

Playing that dynamic scenario map is the best thing on Arma atm. Despite a lack of proper mp settings such as squad'ing up, The game mode is brilliant and I lost 5 hours to it yesterday alone. Suits more players but even as a team of 3 we had so much fun.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My new problem is helicopters. Can't hit anything with them, can't land them.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    are you turning hover on? Do that and the chopper will go a bit crazy then balance out. If you have a pad its a million times easier. As the bumpers do ascend and descend
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm about to switch over to pad controls, helicopter is doing my head in. The auto hover seems to point it uselessly at the sky and the missiles I have don't appear to lock on, making them more or less useless too.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Not done much shooting in them yet to be honest. I just play a lot of ground force stuff. Hover should point you upto the sky for a bit as it sorts the speed out and slows you down. Then it should just balance out. Only problem with pad is the right trigger has 2 functions, one bing turn right so it constantly says fire, cease fire when you press it. But then thats a small price to pay to fly like a pro.

• This is why Arma is amazing. Ballistics done right.

Steam workshop link to try it yourself.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Wish they had that ballistic modeling in battlefield.
  • Kow wrote:
    Fuck this game. I need an AA launcher (the game doesn't tell me what this is. Is it a vehicle or gun placement or a weapon?) and I've come out of the water beside a little hut, where I'm hiding. The game autosaves and immediately an alarm goes off, meaning every time it loads I will get the alarm. Great. The objective pointer is on a vehicle so I guess an AA launcher is a vehicle. There's a soldier beside it so I empty an entire clip into him, missing with every bullet. He one shot kills me. I restart with the alarm, no other option but to restart the mission completely. I somehow manage to kill the guy and run towards the vehicle. The other guy I didn't see one shot kills me. Next time, the soldier runs right up to me and I empty a clip into him at point blank range, missing with every bullet. He one shots me. I do it all again and run down to the vehicle, the other soldier has run away and hidden. I don't know how to get into the vehicle so I run around it a bit pressing buttons. I get shot. I do it all again, Jesus. I get to the vehicle and I realise that pressing space is doing something but I'm not sure what. I check inventory and it seems that the vehicle is listed as a crate for some reason. I drag out a missile launcher thing into my inventory and run back to the cover of the hut, getting one shotted in the back. FUCK YOU. I do it all again, I get the missile launcher and make it back to the hut. Objective is to take down a helicopter. I run to cover at the top of the hill. A boat I hadn't seen shoots me, FOR FUCK'S SAKE! Everything again (eventually, as I get killed trying a bunch of times), I make it to cover, avoid the fucking boat and get the helicopter in my sights and shoot but it turns out I picked up the wrong launcher and this thing shoots a rocket into the water with a pathetic splash. FUCKING EVERYTHING AGAIN CUNTS JESUS,  I get the correct launcher, find the helicopter and get it in my sights but nothing happens, no aim, lock or fire. 10 minutes scrabbling around menus reveals that I have no ammo for the AA launcher. It didn't automatically come with it JESUS CHRIST. I run back to the vehicle and get shot. FUCKING AGAIN, I get a missile this time and run back to cover, get the helicopter in my sights and still can't fire, WHAT THE FUCK. I quit out of the game and go online and it turns out I need to press T to lock on - thanks for not bothering to tell me that or put it in the control list STUPID FUCKING GAME. I get back to the helicopter, lock on, shoot - and completely miss. I have no more missiles. I run back to the vehicle, of course getting fucking killed. GETTING A BIT ANGRY NOW I do everything again, this time I get the rockets and drag them into my inventory, each one takes about 10 seconds to drag with a lengthy animation and there are four of them. I finally get them into my inventory and run back towards cover, immediately getting shot and killed. I WISH DEATH ON THE PROGRAMMERS AND THEIR FAMILIES. I DO IT ALL AGAIN, make it to the helicopter get it in my sights and fire - and miss. The second missile hits and the helicopter goes down. FUCKING HOORAY. The game autosaves and I immediately get shot and killed. When I restart I immediately get killed. And that's that forever. FUCK YOU GAME.
    POST OF THE YEAR 2013.  
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!