theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Oooo ooo, errr, PM? No! Steam....sweet :)
  • I've two Alpha lite keys, who wants them?

If you're not already on my Steam friends list I think you need to add me, or you can pm me an email address.

Yes please kind sir

steam profile is carbon_altered and I'm in the B&B group
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I can't find you on steam at all meta, not sure why. Could you search for me please. Same name as on here, cheers mate.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
  • Bit of a misrepresentation there by kotaku, some most of those clearly aren't glitches but rather people messing with the editor and scripts or just switching between stances as quick as possible to look funny.
  • Bit of a misrepresentation there by kotaku, some most of those clearly aren't glitches but rather people messing with the editor and scripts or just switching between stances as quick as possible to look funny.

Agreed and cheers for friending me up
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I can't find you on steam at all meta, not sure why. Could you search for me please. Same name as on here, cheers mate.

Request sent mate; I'll check back when I finish work tonight.

Just need yours then, Perm.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Aye, would be nice to have some people to play around with in this. Could you add me as well, metagonzo?

And oh, I have two Arma 3 Lite keys if anyone's interested. Just add me and I'll do the rest.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I'll be glad to. I'll be on with Rossi from 9ish tomorrow night if you're interested; hopefully pie could too.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Goober and Perm should have their lites now; Mod's got his. My work here is done. 

I'll add you later Silke as I'm not in front of the comp right now.
  • I should be around later, do we have any missions to play or are you planning on jumping in on a random server? A small 4 man mission would probably be best because the mp performance seems a bit shaky atm.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I think Rossi was planning on making one for tonight; I haven't had the chance yet. I'll look for you on steam when I've spoken to Rossi and we'll see what's what. 
    I'm sure a couple of extra spawns and some bonus baddies could be added at short notice if required.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Thanks for the key meta. It runs, just, but not at a level where it is really playable. From what I can make out it seems like a game that I really want to play but is going to have to wait a few months until I upgrade. Sorry to have somewhat wasted your lite key.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Not a problem mate; it served it's purpose.
  • I thought that game we played last night was great, pity it took so long to set up because by the time we were getting into it (and say, not instantly being killed by the Ifrit) everyone had to leave...Hope we can get a bit longer next time.

Also, our resident medic, metagonzo dying every 2 minutes. Actual lol.

;-)
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    The weight of the medical equipment made me less nimble. :(

It was a good laugh eventually and you're right, we need a longer session to get into it. We'll have to make sure we start earlier next time.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    So this is out today, Just booted it up and after fearing my i5 may struggle. I can report that on 720p its running and looking sweet. Like the added pad support even if you still need a keyboard for certain actions.

Cant wait to get stuck in, Not really read much abut it. Does this have co op at all like in Arma 2?
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Arma 2 always had controller support as well.

As far as I know there is no campaign in this, at least not at the moment (haven't played yet since official release but I remember reading it wouldn't be ready). You can of course play co-op in one of the many user-made mission available through the steam workshop.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Certainly most keen for getting some games on at some point; bit tricky as that most of my nights are working nights now, however. Something will be sorted.

Loved having a fly round the main island. Large....
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I meant more along the lines of the button prompts are controller ready. They may have been on 2 but I dont remember seeing them. Tried a few scenarios and got stuck on blowing up a helicopter. Couldnt get the AA gun mortar thing to hit it. The underwater part was brilliant though.

Spent the rest of the afternoon learning to fly a helicopter in the editor. loads of fun. Using a pad is effortless with it, Only control I couldnt find was rotor speed? The game doesnt give any of the prompts in controller format so its a press and guess type affair.

And I cant get into the configure pad section? I only want to see whats assigned to which button as I dont have crouch? Only prone and stand.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Are you using the artillery computer with the mortar? (scroll wheel, should be the bottom option).

I had a quick look and I gotta say, it's a bit disappointing with regards to content. I don't mind that the campaign will come along later because of all the user missions and steamworks integration but after Arma 2 the amount of units and variety feels rather lacking. They kind of shot themselves in the foot with the amount of content in Arma 2 because if anything, after the boatload of cash they got thanks to the dayz mod you would expect MORE content in the sequel.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Yeah I think I was selecting that one? I found crouch on the controller but I dont have a change fire type button and healing myself is a pain.

I gotta say that for 40 quid you dont get that much bang for your buck do you? Yes you can download more but off the community but even then its going to be slim pickings as they learn the game.

Going to try co op later and see how that goes
  • When you select the artillery computer it should bring you to a map screen, you click on the map where you want to fire and if it's within firing range (not too close, not too far) the option to fire should be click-able at the top right of the screen. You should also be able to select different ranges and type of spread under where it says fire. Once you click fire you should see a line on the map move from your position to the target along with a timer. I take it you see all that?

It won't be pinpoint accurate so if you're not hitting the target try firing multiple times moving the target ever so slightly each time.

Gimmie a shout on steam when you're playing coop and i'll join you.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I am going to give a lot of time to the editor. Ive watched a fair few videos this morning and taken many many many notes. I think the most fun to be had in this game is all about the editor mode.

Tried a few mp games last night but my skills are severely lacking. My fps held up though despite forum posts claiming the opposite.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Still going strong, In the dark world of scripting and modules now. For the time being im just setting up little scenarios to learn the ins and outs of each action.

So far I have managed to be confident with:

respawn point, Confident as I cant test it until others join!
    Setting up a night time rain infested search and destroy mission.
    Setting up ambushes.
    Adding intros and outros to the level.
    Adding fluffy bunny rabbits. Not hard but still worth a mention.
    Activating a siege mode complete with back up.
    Having the weather change mid game.

Still need to learn:

spawning the team in a vehicle with custom chatter on the radio.
    Using flashlights only, easily done after the heli but still.
    Setting up multiple objectives.

Theres still so much more behind the editor that I havent even thought about. I found watching videos and reading forums is finally paying off. It just takes an age to get to the stage where your doing these actions without thinking.

My plan is to ultimately set up a huge island attack where by you have to sneak on the island under the night sky, take out the smaller units then call in support for the bigger bases. Grand plans but you can but dream.

Oh and its crazy but im still yet to load up the other map!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I bought this because I was drunk. I don't have any idea what's going on in the game. I do not know the controls. It appears to be shit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This is the worst game ever. No idea what's going on, no idea what the controls are, shit graphics, shit framerate, game is full of cunts. Fuck you game. I would say fuck you enemies but I haven't seen a single one.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    You're supposed to learn how to use trigger points in the map editor, and then set a light aircraft's take-off to trigger your theme from The A-Team.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    by far the best steam workshop item. Played it for a few hours and had a lot of fun. Had a few glitches but its still very playable.
  • Kow wrote:
    This is the worst game ever. No idea what's going on, no idea what the controls are, shit graphics, shit framerate, game is full of cunts. Fuck you game. I would say fuck you enemies but I haven't seen a single one.

comedy gold.

Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!