CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    It's not free, it says 1000 or 800 and early access for VIP/Season Pass mugs.

Haven was free to all because it was sponsored by some bullshit company.
  • Gonna get me a season pass sorted!
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • I need to play more of this.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Good stuff. New maps are badly needed, and I've seriously underplayed haven because so few have it. Execution is a good way to work out team play. We always spawn together, we always have an objective. GG last time and apologies for the butthurt on that Rig Game, but we were up against coordinated play, they had total power weapon support, and I can't stand losing to people other than due to skill gap, because teamwork is something available to everyone. I went toe to toe on rare occasions that I had one on ones with these guys and won a fair share, but most of the time, I was getting crossfired to fuck. That said, I've never ever had that bad a tactical situation - they had breech, Vulcan, boom, and often booshka. Storm one and the others backed up. Very rare, even on Rig, which is a shit map. Also Library oneshot camping = facepalm. I need new maps because I don't want to play these if I can help it. Street and Gondola though, neat. Gondola boomshot does not equal automatic win, unlike Rig where boomshot control usually wins out.

In all fairness... it was 4am and tension was high.  Or in my case, I was... and drunk and tired, and I am a fairly relaxed gamer ;)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    New maps drop tomorrow. I'll likely have a quick hour or so to check em out.
  • Where's the maps ? Not bought VIP yet but if ones an Overun map I'll be all over it ( time permitting )
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Gonzo wrote:
    You need VIP for early access.
    Yeah I know , are they out yet ? I put the disc in to see if anything popped up in the DLC section but there was nothing there - unless you buy VIP and it pops up
  • Unfortunately I am unable to buy a season pass until tomorrow... annoyingly as I don't have any DLC I was unable to play online last night due to lack of content, booooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

EDIT: Come to think of it maybe I couldn't play because of that free bit of DLC?  Put it this way, EVERY playlist was unavaiable to me :(
  • I'll be buying the VIP tonight as Monaco isn't out today !!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Which nipple-head on the other page said the DLC was 800 points for VIP's, which immediately made me go WTF!?

It's obviously free. lol!
  • Doesn't it work out as 800 once you consider the cost of the VIP pass or something?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Probably 800 overall saving, like most Season Passes.
  • Need some help here please. I started Gears 3 campaign ages ago, found it slightly boring and turned it off. Decided to go back to it at the weekend and as soon as the main menu appeared two trophies popped up, one for reaching level 5 and another for reaching level 10. I've never taken Gears 3 online so, excuse my ignorance, does this mean someone else has been playing with my profile?
  • Nah you earn XP for single player and horde too.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • But also, it could be. You can look at last matches played etc in the menu system to have a look there.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Cheers Matty, I'll have a look tonight. It confused me because I just loaded the game and the two achievements popped up.
  • Some achievements are glitched anyway. Sometimes they pop up not when you achieve the achievement (?), but when you next start up the game.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Okay elf, that probably explains it. Looks like paranoia may have got the better of me.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Oh shit! I love Master At Arms.

First game i quick-joined, i was 10 points behind the leader and still got 16/20 kills and 6 deaths. Second match, it was me and another guy tied at 19/20, with a machete each (the final weapon), and we both ended up dashing from cover and going for the same guy, and the poor victim just happened to point his Sawn-Off at me. lol! BLAM! Typical! So close though.
  • Whose fault was it this time?
  • I've still not really put enough time on this, but fuck it I'm going to complain anyway: why are the maps not like gears maps? Ok obv I know *why* they've done that (ffa), but all this ffa inspired map business is fucking weak. Where are all the simple, symmetrical maps like gridlock, canals, fuel depot, river, checkout, war machine, pavilion... the list goes on. None of the maps I've got on this so far seem anything at all like what a gears map should be. The refinery / rig level seems more like something from cod.

I mean, no gridlock. No gridlock!?

I'd play gears 3 over this at the moment.
  • Has Gears always been that fast and twitchy? Kind of made my eyes hurt. 
    Anyone for OG sometime??
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • nick_md wrote:
    I've still not really put enough time on this, but fuck it I'm going to complain anyway: why are the maps not like gears maps? Ok obv I know *why* they've done that (ffa), but all this ffa inspired map business is fucking weak. Where are all the simple, symmetrical maps like gridlock, canals, fuel depot, river, checkout, war machine, pavilion... the list goes on. None of the maps I've got on this so far seem anything at all like what a gears map should be. The refinery / rig level seems more like something from cod. I mean, no gridlock. No gridlock!? I'd play gears 3 over this at the moment.

Yep.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Bnb representing tonight, played about a dozen tdm dlc games, don't think there was one time me or Kurt weren't MVP, and whenever we were on opposite teams each would be top dog. Yesterday, though, I had me a proper old school rage.

It was fun, sorry I wasn't on mic there was a group of us taking turns on split screen so it wasn't really appropriate.  I really like this Gears the more I play it, the new maps are nice.
  • I miss this shit a bunch, I blame alcohol.
  • I'm freelancing some work in the evenings at the moment so not really on as much.  I'm making a movie about boxes for a box company... so try not to be jealous.
  • Interesting about the more maps stuff.
  • Personally I'll be playing this Gears for a long while, I always do on Gears games, it's one of my MP staples.  I am a more casual player than you, I can't stand the screaming a hollering and spitting out of dummies over unfortunate games... I just like gibbing fools with my mate, we win more than we lose and that's good enough for me :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!