Gears
  • I'm in, as soon as the kids have finished watching spirited away I will be all over this tonight :-)
  • Correct me if im wrong but wanst this version developed by the guys who did bulletstorm? (hence its good reviews cause bulletstorm was ace).
  • When I heard that the games been broken down into small chunks because of the star system , I thought it would be a bit crap . I'm not able to replay games cos of time restraints but I can see me replaying some on them to try and get 3 stars . It changes the game a fair bit especially when some are on a timer   but for the better in some cases
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Only me and Curtis, but some classic gears moments today. Loved it. A team of five would be super. Nmd? Lips?

Going to be midweek at the earliest before I get on, and more likely Friday for serious sessions. Just been busy as a bastard lately and feel drained when I get home, no energy for concentration and murdering. I did, however, check the demo very briefly (passed a pad around a few mates on Friday). Played a couple of minutes, seemed solid, and I was likely being a moaning bastard complaining about being tickers before, didn't happen to me once. I did do utter shite though.

Just hoping there are still badgers playing by the time I get on.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm really enjoying it too. It's almost like they've gone back to basics, and it's all the better for it.

Oh, that code worked, thanks.
  • Where are the other multiplayer game modes? 
    I was hoping for 5 v 5, one life each..... have I missed something?
  • Options

Things that are games.
    rss.gif 466 discussions 135,288 commentsMost recent: Gears by Gonzo11:00PM
    "Gears by Gonzo" made me laugh.
  • Ah, cheers Gonzo! Its not like OG without Execution. 
    Life is cheap on TDM it seems.
  • Guys someone do a Youtube of a B&B session for my vicarious pleasure.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Seconded.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dubs has capture gear, but he only plays games that require a high degree of skill.

HOLD DAT.
  • Yeah some good games last night, came up against some good teams too.  That first execution match on Rig was especially satisfying. 

The game definitely needs some more maps though and ones that are better suited to execution.
  • I'm still not sure what the actual improvements are over 3, plz explain.
  • Hahaha, that's well evil.

The grenade input and dbl-shotty things seem sane, otherwise I'm not sure I wanted Gears to be faster more than I wanted very basic things to be more reliable (random gnasher damage woes and that). I'd definitely miss the tagging. Still, all moot in that I'm Xboxless again.

Am glad they kept dbno in Exec at least. It's never made a lick of sense, even for all the armour the avatars wear, but.
  • Looking at the latest batch of Arctic vids (what a diligent fellow he is). Interesting that aiming is now from screen centre and doesn't tally with where the gun's actually pointing.

Also interesting that the lack of stopping power combined with the apparently much nastier melee tapping is causing some consternation.

I'm really missing the Grub skins.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I've had a brief hiatus.  ;)

I also found out Des owns this game but has been distracted by Bioshock - he may be online Sunday evening.

I'll be online before then, less drunk and more productive. Haha!
  • Seems somehow even prettier than G3, which'd be quite the feat.

Astonishing stinginess with the map quantity though, and none allegedly designed with trad teamplay in mind.
  • Think it's time to remove the bookmark on this thread. Grass seems far too green for my liking!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Great session. The campaign is actually brilliant! It's like a non-stop onslaught of randomised enemies, so you can't even say "oh we'll prepare better this time"; cause the game can throw anything it wants at ya. Love it.

I did a lot better than usual on MP, now i've settled on the supremely awesome Classic HB + Ink Grenades. I dribble at the possibilities of what an OG team of 5 could achieve.

I'll definitely be on tomorrow night, it is Friday after all.  ;)
  • I'm trying to hold out until I am done with Bioshock and TR before buying this, but all this Gears MP chit chat is making me salivate.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Am just going to have to catch the next one I think.
  • Overrun is wonderful, but I am still shit at regular MP
  • I had a prior engagement to play campaign with an old friend. When we've done all that nonsense I'll probably join you for some games, f'sure.
  • I've been messing around with the lancer, it's a a beast now isn't it? They've changed the Booshka in an update too, doesn't kill with direct hits anymore (still splatters wretches and tickers in overrun)

Overrun is crack, but playing with randoms is an incredible pain.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I enjoyed my three kills within 5 seconds last night - two headshots in quick succession with the Breechshot, then switch to Classic HB and blazed their friend.

Not likely to happen again anytime soon, but it certainly felt good.

What time you playing? Might do some more Campaign then Overrun in the warm up period.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    ...but playing gears late on a fast day.... I was getting a bit giddy by the end...

Interesting. Are you doing a 5day-2day eat-fast diet type thing? I started a few weeks back after seeing the BBC doc about how good it's supposed to be for you. I've lost around 2kg of since then, a bit of that being fat (I use calipers to measure).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I will be on at some point, I've just been hooked by Monster Hunter. They do seem to have made everything nippier, the lack of maps is a little grating, I'd pay a decent wad for double/triple the amount of overrun maps.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'll be (re)starting the Campaign tonight in co-op with Destrier. Know doubt he'll wanna cain the fuck out of it for maximum stars/achievements/etc. You're welcome to drop-in-drop-out at your leisure.

I'll play some more MP at the weekend for sure.
  • I blame my silly location okay.

Glad they're trying to sort out new maps, but they've a way to go before G3's solid final tally. And they could probably port most of those across if the mood took 'em...

Still, I'd hope the IP survives into the next phase of consoles, it's the best MP shooty since the Quakes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!