Gears
  • It does sound really good, since nmd posted the first Overrun video I've thought it sounded excellent, might have to grab dis
  • Join the demo fun blad innit. I'm pretty sure (haven't checked since first hearing a while ago) that the mp demo is UK bound tomorrow.

My reluctance to join in with the 'Run love is simply that I'm a selfish bastard who likes to shoot and shotgun. Never liked Beast mode at all in 3 - controlling a lumbering, melee only giant target whilst others gib away isn't my idea of gears fun.

Yup, I'm going to be very cheery playing this.
  • Think overrun solves that by emphasising a mix of locusts, so you can happily stay as ok of the nippier guys whilst others fill out the meat role (I like serapedes and maulers fer example) plus you'll spend a lot of time on the COG team doing what you want. Still, gotta be seen in action. I'll hop on, for sure.
  • I'm a big fan of BF's Rush mode, which the EG review posted by Kern's likened it too, so I do have hope. Plus emergence holes are awesome and I've missed them since OG (were they in 2?), so am happy to see those back in.
  • Lots of positive reviews, may have to purchase now.
  • If i can fund it, or better still blag a free one i shall be getting on this
    PSN - minkymu
  • How fast are Games deliveries  now ? 

Mine has just been dispatched
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Woot. Although I'm out late tonight. Will be no this from tomorrow. Probably.
  • Here's the direct link to marketplace - 

Just set it up and when you switch on it should automatically download 
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Well Overrun was a lot more enjoyable than i expected. As a team based objective game type, it works very well indeed. Who'dve thought i liked being a Medic? lol! You do need proper communication though, or i imagine it'll be incredibly frustrating.

It'll never overtake the proper Deathmatch games for the OG crew, but it's a welcome distraction.

Rather looking forward to this weekend, assuming Gonzo has had his copy delivered by then.
  • Looking for some Campaign reviews from you guys..liked G1, campaign in G2 was awesome, G3 not so much.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    From what i've read, they've gone more arcadey/score attack with the campaign because its supposed to be just a bunch of fragmented battles/scenarios all with scoreboards at the end. I'm assuming replayability is key.

I do like the fact that enemy spawns adjust to how well you're playing. Hopefully it'll be similar to L4D's 'Director'.

I'll be sure to let you know, come weekend.  :)
  • Would you agree on that order of campaigns? 2 best, then 1 then 3.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I honestly can't remember any of them. Says enough dontcha think?  ;)
  • Sounds more like Bulletstorm...isn't it by the same guys who did that? Really enjoyed it as well. I'm not in day 1 as time is limited and I want Bioshock more, but will get this.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Campaigns in reverse order for me. 3, 2, 1.

Never got into multiplayer. Felt way too sluggish and I kept getting owned and letting the team down.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I enjoyed all the campaigns for what they were... I didn't really care about the storyline etc, but I do like blowing up all the massive bosses co-op with mates.

The thing I've always loved about Gears is the MP, I have played the balls off of them all so far, yet this latest offering doesn't interest me just yet... I'm still working on my 2nd prestige on G3 and still enjoying it, so I don't need another one yet (that and Bioshock at the end of the month).
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Should point out I don't play these for the story. For me it's like a blockbuster summer movie - 1 and done, and enjoy the sense of scale. Which is why I liked 2.

Am I right in remembering something quite cool in 1 - that you realise you've actually invaded the grub's world as opposed to the opposite, as they were already there? They should have explored that further.
  • Count me as another couldn't give a shit about the storyline, it's all about the action person. I think the story in the first was the only way I 'enjoyed', simply because it was very, very basic (aliens pop up, let's kill them!). As soon as games start extended their universes I tend to lose interest in their story (hello Halo), usually 'cause they're derivative bollocks.

Campaigns for me are 3 (best), 1 then 2. I never finished 2 though so am likely being harsh; everyone I knew had already been through it on coop and I couldn't be arsed to do it on on a solo so it just got shelved. I thought 3 was excellent. Coop is essential for all gears games though.

Been busy all evenings so far and haven't even d/l'd the demo for this. Will try to do so tonight.
  • I never had any idea what was going on in gears but the knee deep in worm blood level in 2 had me grinning from ear to ear and is a standout gaming moment for me.
  • Yeah, the story wasn't important at all. What was good about GOW2 (I still haven't played 3) was the immense scale and level of bombast that Epic got in there.

Popcorn gaming. Lovely stuff.
  • I liked the giant chicken in 3.

I may have shouted NOOOOOOOOO at the point in 3 spoilered below and cained Airy Lairy's ears.
    Spoiler:
  • What?! I thought I'd finished 3 but now I'm not so sure. If I have,it says a lot about the story.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I've never understood why people love Gears so much, I find all of them snore fests. Never finished any of them because the gameplay is so sluggish, with silly waist high walls everywhere and bullet sponge enemies. I certainly won't be fooled in to getting the latest one, no way.

Where is the Edge review by the way?
  • You've never participated in Beers 'n' Gears then?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • The first one was graphically superb and the co-op "cover me while I flank 'em!" dynamics were really quite fresh and interesting. The second one delivered spectacle - Fighting brumaks (?) with giant machine guns was literally awesome. 

I can understand the sluggish criticism though.
  • Never liked the MP though. Only gave it a cursory glance before going back to hot pink laser Haloltimes.
  • I liked the giant chicken in 3. I may have shouted NOOOOOOOOO at the point in 3 spoilered below and cained Airy Lairy's ears.
    Spoiler:

It was great to play through (up until my eardrum was assaulted).  I just don't really play them for the story... more for the meat, guts and excellent combat system.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!