Revengeance is nigh!
  • Ah. Wooden switd would be handy for the 10 no kill battles trophy then. Although should be easy enough using ripper mode anyway.

Managed to find all enemies hidden in boxes. Gotta still find/do:

A few left arms
    Half the data storage collectibles
    Save one civilian (or all of them in one playthrough? Failed to save just one last time)
    A couple of VR mission laptops
    Rest of the humanoid dwarf gekkos. Only found 2, not sure how many there are.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • One humanoid per level except Sam I think, same with civies (also excluding Chap. 7) Ripper mode/Fox Blade aren't too hot for No Kills sadly, you every so often you chop a dude in two and are like "damn it I only wanted to dismember you!"
  • Yeah, you're right. First battle after landing on beach, I didn't get no kill and so must've sliced one of them in half! So restarted checkpoint. 

Found the humanoid in sewers and just before Sundowner (left of the door on another balcony). Didn't know if I could get to him somehow, but I just RPG'd his ass.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    There's also a huminoid in the pitch black tunnel right at the back in R-03 and you have to use a box or drumcan to sneak up on the one in R-05 without alerting the other Dwarf Geckos or he'l run away and some Raptors will spawn.

Last one is R-07 across the other side of the road from where you start. He spawns when you get close.

Nice how they got Quinton Flynn for this.
  • Ahahahahah holy shit
  • Mistral (no damage) down, wasn't bad. I know Tempy is badass and did it on a new save file, yes? It was rather easy on NG+ with Murasama and infinite FC.
  • Nah, I did it whilst upgrading the Murasama. Midtral's pretty simple due to checkpoints thankfully.
  • This Monsoon no damage fight will be the end of me. Can't seem to string it together after LORENTZ FORCE!
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • The trick for that is a single perfect parry on the first hit instantly followed up by you using dystopia to stun him.
  • I'm looking forward to it!

We all agree that this is a great game, yes? Some of the scores out there are a bit harsh. I gave it 8 bottled fairies out of 10, could easily be 9.
  • 9 crispy chicken wings out of 10 for me. God dammit I need more time to play.
  • DLC VR missions for £1.99, 30 of them in the pack. I haven't even done any of the normal ones. After hard run, I'll tackle them. 

Music is also great in this game. Love that title music specially. Plus Sam battle music.
  • Gaaaahhh!! I've choppe his arm off so many times after so many restarts, but guy outside elevator in building on R-03 just won't give me his left arm!!! It shows on AR, but no luck when I chop it off. First time Ive had this with an arm. Glitch??
  • Can be really finicky sometimes. When you cut at the shoulder usually doesn't work. Aim for the elbow
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You need to cut through the highlighted bit. Higher or lower and you lose it.
  • I know, I've done it so many times, got most of them. Got that one too now, only one I had a problem with, dunno why. 

On Monsoon now. Half an hour so far, and the best I've done is for him to 60% before being hit. It's gonna take a while. I hate it when he just runs around and then attacks from a blind spot. Fucking camera. I'm no good at holding R2 to keep him on lock and also trying to Ninja Run to him. Worst bit is when he flies off and does a quick dive hit. Gotta learn to block/party that one. Apart from that, my timing on his fast flurry of sai attacks needs work.
  • Finally reading through this thread now I've completed it. Without a doubt one of the most enjoyable games I've played in years. So fucking good. Easily up there with the best of this gen.

Started a NG+ right away. Love love love it.
  • Wait... you only need to tap R2 to lock on and not hold it?? And you can use sub-weapon (EP grenade FTW) by tapping L2 and not holding an aiming???? WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS EARLIER!!!

Loving the fight now. Can get him down to 40% quite easily now with no damage.
  • Monsoon down. Only took... 2hrs 15mins!!! Thoroughly enjoyed it though. The sticking point was the purple aura bit at 40% after the first Lorentz force attack. I end up needing 2 EMP grenades for it to stun him, but sometimes don't have enough if sliced tanks and choppers don't drop enough. I didn't go into battle with enough in stock.

I think I'll give the PS3 a rest now in case it overheats! Plus the triangle button on controller is proper mashed!
  • You know that you can stun him with one tap of the sai, yeah? I didn't use EMPs at all.
  • Oops, completely forgot about that. Maybe would've made the battle so much easier!!!

Sundowner no damage in under ten minutes. That was a joke.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah they could have done a bit more work on his boss fight to make him more of a challenge. Still get a kick when he rips off a light pylon though.

The combat is most electric when you're having to change your parry direction rapidly. Two sword borgs either side of you for instance. Should have been a boss that attacks you from all sides rapidly.
  • I only got to see him do that once. Beat his phase 2 with one combo on normal as well as on hard. He was piss. 

An hour on Sam. Would've been quicker if I used Sai earlier. Thanks to Tempy for reminding me that other weapons exist!!!

Tomorrow, I save the world.
  • I refused to use the Sai on Sam, you don't bring a knife to a sword fight! (As a result it took ages)
  • It was a great fight. I missed some of the game's sound bites first time round for some reason. I imagined Sam should/would say "make me feel alive again" or something. He does actually say something sort of similar! "Ah... I feel alive!"

My favourite though is the way Sundowner says "I'm fucking invincibbbbbllllleee!!"
  • Monsoon wins the sound bites comp. Ridiculous
  • Left hand rule!

Magnetic Force, Jack! Nature's force!
  • Hmmm. Armstrong should be easy ish to no damage. Just beat him after taking just one hit. Annoyingly it's was during phase 2 where you need to time him out. I lasted ages and then he did some lightning fat kick that hit me and auto check pointed into next bit. Gahhhh!

Phase 3 was easy cos weak point on his back during regenerating WTF?? I didn't even think of checking his back on first playthrough and bundled my way to victory. I wondered how you could possibly no damage him!! 

Didn't get humanoid gekko trophy. Must have forgotten one somewhere.
  • that video is amazing! game should score no higher than 8, that camera is a wanker and you guys know it you gushing schoolgirls.
  • Whilst checking my trophy list last night (I'm at 60% on this), I noticed first that the names are different to 360 ones. Lightning God is called Stormbringer (finish on hardest with all S). 

But I also noticed a few new trophies at the end relating to playing as Sam in DLC, woohoo! There was no update to the game though. I thought that's how trophy info gets updated? Or when you actually download/unlock the DLC?

There seems to be another trophy for beating last boss on hard with no damage. Can't wait to play as Sam!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!