Revengeance is nigh!
  • I bought this for my bro for his birthday.
    I'm expecting a loan of it after of course..
    Of course you know who I am..
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's short enough so you should get it fair quick.

Missed out the first time around with Sundowner where he starts attacking you with his big pole. That was refreshing.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm ready to go back into this tomorrow. Lets do it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @Tempy when doing Armstrong fight no damage does the Excelsus fight count?
  • Nope, but I did it anywho.
  • Defeated Monsoon last night.  Parrying never felt so good. Ended up going to bed, adrenaline pumping thinking to myself I could go another non damage run with him.

R
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Parrying feels much better a mechanic than dodging imo. Highlighted as i'm trying to do Excelsus no damage which relies on using the invulnerability frames from Offensive-Defense and I just feel cheap clipping through a giant mech foot and taking no damage.

It's just a rush meeting your enemy head-on rather than dancing around them. Platinum are deffo onto something with the series.

Also did Samuel last night no damage. Tricky but not as tricky as Monsoon, especially when I realised you can launch Sam and aerial combo him or juggle him from the ground. On the last segment I must have kept him in the air for 15 seconds at one point and nearly got a 100 hit combo.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Armtrong's soapmetalgearbox speech is pretty slammin'.
  • How many attempts did Monsoon take in the end?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    A ton. Must have taken around 2 hours in all and more than a few f-cnts. The most annoying bit was randomly fudging a single parry in his long sai combo due to a slowly shifting camera if I was near a barrier. Had to constantly make sure I was in the middle of the arena to avoid that.

His rolling military surplus pie of doom was pish as you can parry it twice and then chop it apart.
  • Yup. Also learnt to just run away from the debris he chucks unless I need EMP grenades as you can randomly get caught out despite seeming safe.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I got pretty reliable at slicing everything he threw at me. Trick was to manually slice horizontally and just tap the vertical slash button madly when I needed to.

Having problems with Armstrong's debris though. My left thumb seems to spaz out and I fancy doing those bits properly for the damage you deal to him.
  • Don't need them at all. Just run under them. To do make Armstrong piss, just double tap forward and light attack over and over. Took me about 3 minutes to do 150% damage.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Hope to play some R-05 tonight. My aim is to cpmplete the game by Monday (I have day off to recuperate from a busy weekend).

That was Thursday last week I think. Got to play about ten minutes since then. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Armstrong is now proving more troublesome than Monsoon. I'm doing it with a lv 0 Murasama so the damage is minimal and the fight drags on for ages. Depending where he is when he does his fire cage of death stomp i'm left with practically no space to avoid either his grab attack or his explosion.
  • Upgrade the Murasama to level 5 strength, bingo, solved.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    THAT IS NOT THE WAY OF MAN.

Seriously though if it wasen't for that fucking wall of fire that lasts hours i'd have done this by now.
  • Feh, you'll struggle on Armstrong then cos he's cheap. You could still try the double tap forward and light attack thing, it does stupid damage and the animation isn't busy so you can see his attacks fairly easily.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I gave that a shot and it only does around 2% damage per hit so it's more sensible to spam light attacks as it's easier to ninja run away.

Cheers for the help though. I may well chump out at this rate.
  • Hmm, I'm not sure it did much more damage for me, but it should stun him quickly, which helped me.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Had to quit due to controller out of battery. Fucks sake. Takes about 7-8 of those launchers to stun him for me and there can't really be a delay in them.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Came to the realisation I have better things in my life to do right now than get mad at this game so I just bought two damage upgrades for the Murasama and did it first attempt.

Of course, I don't get the trophy because I remember fucking about last night I saved with Courtney accidentally when i'd lost some health. Time to fuck about with that second phase of the fight again just running away from him.
  • That was the worst part for me, learning to dodge that last attack took a few hours.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I found jumping just before he launches himself at you nearly always did it. Still left a hair's breadth between me and that fucking senatorial foot though.
  • That probably works too, I dodge like MOST BEST, on the attempt I won I had to dodge three times in a row, fuck!

I think due to the judicious checkpoints he is fairly simple in the end.
  • Quick summary of 1000 posts please - is this any good?
  • Yes. The parrying mechanic is brilliantly executed and the combat is very slick and addictive. The game is very short, roughly 5-6 hours, but it begs to be played over and over due to it's lean form and a harsh ranking system coupled with fiendish difficulty levels and some novel achievements.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    Tricky but not as tricky as Monsoon, especially when I realised you can launch Sam and aerial combo him or juggle him from the ground. On the last segment I must have kept him in the air for 15 seconds at one point and nearly got a 100 hit combo.

whu really? how did you get him launched?
  • Double tap forward and light attack, it's really overpowered and can break even bosses guards.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!