Revengeance is nigh!
  • Tempy wrote:
    Yes. The parrying mechanic is brilliantly executed and the combat is very slick and addictive. The game is very short, roughly 5-6 hours, but it begs to be played over and over due to it's lean form and a harsh ranking system coupled with fiendish difficulty levels and some novel achievements.

you know i love this game too, but you can't ignore that camera. i've seen you guys mention it and it became a massive issue for me personally when i went for a very hard playthrough :(
  • Tempy wrote:
    The game is very short, roughly 5-6 hours...

I'm only part way through level 5 and my timer says 7 hours... I have no idea where a lot of that went, maybe codecs. Plus I am rubbish at this.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Double tap forward and light attack, it's really overpowered and can break even bosses guards.

really? and it launches? i swear when i used it i saw no real special effect! i mostly just stuck to b, f+ light attack (the palm strike thing)
  • Smang wrote:
    really? and it launches? i swear when i used it i saw no real special effect! i mostly just stuck to b, f+ light attack (the palm strike thing)

That move is quality, it was the first move I purchased. I think I'm sitting on over 150,000 BP, I should spend them!
  • It's a launcher, yup, used it on Armstrong.

The camera is a bitch, yes, but better than NG2 which I seem to recall Jon has beaten.
  • he kinda rolls and does an upward strike right? hmn... i'll have to try it again. more or less wrote that move off.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    When the camera shifting causes you to get hit it's very infuriating. Certain sections of the game like the cargo elevators in file 4 or if you end up parrying attacks near a wall anywhere and it can be quite noticeable but otherwise it doesn't happen enough to be a black mark on the game.

Something they should strive to sort out come the sequel though.
  • Smang wrote:
    he kinda rolls and does an upward strike right? hmn... i'll have to try it again. more or less wrote that move off.

He kicks upwards with sword on foot, it's disproportionately strong.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    When the camera shifting causes you to get hit it's very infuriating. Certain sections of the game like the cargo elevators in file 4 or if you end up parrying attacks near a wall anywhere and it can be quite noticeable but otherwise it doesn't happen enough to be a black mark on the game. Something they should strive to sort out come the sequel though.

yeah - the camera should not slowly rotate by itself. especially when directional inputs are essential to the crazy fighting.
  • OMG

Priced at £1.99 or 240MS points
  • Hmmm. Finally play some games (Revengeance), or watch Barcelona vs. Milan? Decisions, decisions.
  • Oh so I was close to the end of stage 5 anyway. And stage 6 was very.... short. Fun, though. 

Vista at beginning of stage 7 reminds me of Ground Zeroes trailer.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Well that DLC trailer kicks arse. I've no idea what Akio Otsuka is saying but it's great.

Got the Armstrong trophy. Think i'll give the game a needed rest now until the DLC lands.
  • I can't beat the two gorilla things on a lift, beginning to piss me off.
  • jack the ripper those bastards.
  • Yeah, yes ripper mode for great lols
  • The dialogue never fails to make me chuckle.
  • Getting clattered by AI monsoon now, might have to take a break.
  • 'Clattered'

I like that, very good word selection for hostile mech manuevers.
  • AI Monsoon is very tough. On hard I took 2 life bars worth of damage but still got an S Rank.
  • I don't know how to hit him?
  • Just keep going and he eventually gets dizzy from using his magnet power then you can use blade mode to knock him out.
  • yeah at one point you have to blade mode his face and he falls apart, then you go raggo on his dis-embodied head till he pulls himself together.

my favourite boss fight i think, the smokey parry bits are kinda cool if a bit whack-a-mole.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    If you have any EMP grens you can use them when he glows purple to skip a section of the fight.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Tried the prologue on v hard. Love Platinum. Oh same three normal borgs....here have a gecko! Then have two fenrirs!
  • You can avoid both fights if they're bumming you out.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Nah they're peachy. I just can't wait to see how they mix-up other fights. It's like how Bayonetta throws a Grace & Glory at you in the graveyard on the harder difficulty.
  • Man, batteries in headset died just as I got to what is hopefully the last/proper part of the last boss. Had/decided to endure the lengthy period of Kojima bullshit, though. Just let me kill the bastard!!!
  • Finished this last night. Great game. Unlocked a couple of wigs and swords. Unlimited FC gauge? Yes please. HF wooden sword? Erm.

Started hard playthrough straight away. I think I'll leave Revengeance mode until some other day. :)
  • HF wooden sword lets you knock people out for No Kills bonuses. Very cool.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!