Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Ex Director of the CIA John Brennan is a pussy, is what I'm getting from that statement. Just say it bro, if you know it's aliens and which videos are the ones showing their craft/themselves then why would you hide behind the secrets act and make vague maybe statements? You can be remembered forever as the person who confirmed to the public that we aren't alone, who cares about the possible jail time at that point?
    Agreed. If there is no substance to the classified data, a former head of intelligence should come outright and say so. Seems weird the eggshells he appears to be navigating. That said, when individuals, groups even, affirm such things they are seen as cranks.
    I would imagine his hands are tied by NDAs and secrecy acts and such, hence the vague "yes there are aliens"

Yesterday's chat has made me realise a couple of things. Firstly, I dont have a clear picture of the Nimitz and TicTac incidents. Ive sort of conflated them together. That go fast video, couldnt tell you which its from and from whose plane and where in the timeline it occurs. I need to have a dig through the case again. Unless anyone has a trustworthy summary youtube link?

Another is, the amount of skepticism out there is incredible. To many of you all of this is complete bullshit (and thats fine). Its on the opposite end of the spectrum to the guy that believes every old shakey eye witness testimony. I think its just as dangerous to think like that.
    The sceptics out there are super willing to accept Mick Wests debunk of the Go Fast video and  I can see why, his maths make sense. (Ive not actually worked out the trigonometry myself but it looks ok) But, if his interpretation of the instruments is incorrect then his debunk could actually prove the validity of the video. Even say he got the measurement units wrong that would put a whole new spin on the speed and height. For me, until I get confirmation that Mick West is correct then Im not willing to just accept his debunk as 100% trufax. Likewise Im not willing to accept the Go Fast video as proof of the claims made either. What is needed here are some trustworthy experienced fighter pilots to take a look at this video and properly pick apart the readings and give a definitive answer. 

There seems to be no budging, no recognition that something seems to be at play. Especially now. Whether that something is an unknown natural phenomenon or secret advanced human tech. Even if its all made up, the US government is making noises about it. That much is an undeniable fact. It could be a distraction ploy or have some explanation we havent even thought of but there definitely seems to be something afoot.

Anyone see the recent 60minutes about ufos?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If there were beans to be spilled, he could have grabbed a can opener and showed those beans to the world.
  • That's the point I'm making, spill the beans or stfu. Fannying around doing a ooooh maybe something is going on statement if you are the former head of the CIA makes you look fucking dumb. Either no comment it, or do the right thing.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • He doesn't seem to be speaking from any special position of authority. He's probably just seen the same stuff as everyone else, maybe some of the classified stuff. You don't get made Director of the CIA if you're a blabbermouth.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But, if his interpretation of the instruments is incorrect then his debunk could actually prove the validity of the video. Even say he got the measurement units wrong that would put a whole new spin on the speed and height. For me, until I get confirmation that Mick West is correct then Im not willing to just accept his debunk as 100% trufax.

I’ve been searching for anyone attempting to debunk Mick West via the number read outs and am yet to find a single person, which is weird seeing as how I’ve found people trying to pick holes in all kinds of other things he’s done.

I think it’s safe to assume that he is correct in his readings.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

Another is, the amount of skepticism out there is incredible. To many of you all of this is complete bullshit (and thats fine). Its on the opposite end of the spectrum to the guy that believes every old shakey eye witness testimony. I think its just as dangerous to think like that.

What danger is there in thinking that these things most probably aren't aliens? What harm comes to anyone if I watch a video and think it's probably bollocks?
  • My position on all of this is genuinely just partridgeshrug. I'm still waiting on meaningful evidence that indicates something other than the mundane, the same handful of people talking about their experiences from memory doesn't count, and neither does blurry blobs on video that move in easily explainable ways.

If there was a really good compilation and meta analysis of all the sensor readings and accounts so far that would be pretty useful.
  • Only thing that will convince people properly is hi-res images or vids. Which is fair enough. 

My genuine, personal view is that they aren't all shitting the bed because it's nothing. They're sitting on something. Not aliens. Just concrete evidence of something they can't explain. Something that people more experienced and knowledgeable than Mick West have run the rule over. All the explosive quotes about aliens are from retirees though. They're speaking freely because they know no one gives a shit about it. But it hasn't got all the way up to Obama because someone mistook a parallax effect for a high-speed craft.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'd be convinced if they got ET to have a chat with Stephen Colbert.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Same rubbish 'evidence' for 70 years. Give me something that isn't ropey testimonial or a dot on a screen and I'll be (a little) less sceptical.
  • My position on all of this is genuinely just partridgeshrug. I'm still waiting on meaningful evidence that indicates something other than the mundane, the same handful of people talking about their experiences from memory doesn't count, and neither does blurry blobs on video that move in easily explainable ways. If there was a really good compilation and meta analysis of all the sensor readings and accounts so far that would be pretty useful.
    Believe it or not Im with you. My position is right on the fence. Though its a super interesting thought that either we have super advanced secret tech or there is some mad natural phenomena that could be at play. If its energy based, could that be exploited as another greener form of energy etc etc etc.
    I would be terrified if it did turn out the be aliens. I think it far more likely that they would have a malevolent intent.

What irritates me is the instant dismissal of reports and accusations of grifter on every second person. Or bending over backwards to come up with a nonsense counter argument. This is just tiresome and its circular discussion. Nothing comes of it.
    Im much more interested in an actual back and forth. This thing with Mick West is great. If I have time later, I might do some searching around myself on it, see if any actual pilots have commented. I just find it so hard to believe that the pilots are claiming the speed etc of the Go Fast video and parallax hasnt even been considered. If true that would be a fucking huge scandal. Experienced pilots cant read their own instruments??? Never seen parallax before lol.

Edit: Good point @monkey 
    Thats why Im on the fence and not looking at it like Kow. By nature, 99.9% of these cases are sightings and will never leave physical traces. The sheer number of reports out there over the course of so many years with a great many commonalities leads me to think something is in the sky we dont know about.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Only thing that will convince people properly is hi-res images or vids. Which is fair enough. 

My genuine, personal view is that they aren't all shitting the bed because it's nothing. They're sitting on something. Not aliens. Just concrete evidence of something they can't explain. Something that people more experienced and knowledgeable than Mick West have run the rule over. All the explosive quotes about aliens are from retirees though. They're speaking freely because they know no one gives a shit about it. But it hasn't got all the way up to Obama because someone mistook a parallax effect for a high-speed craft.

Who are they and what do you mean by shitting the bed?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Navy patent for technology that reduces the effect of gravity on the inside of a craft and allows it to travel at very high speeds.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/en
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There are thousands of reports in Asia/Middle East of demons, djinns, whatever. But of course these are just superstitious people mistaking something else for the supernatural. Aliens are of course reasonable. Aliens are just a superstition for the modern era. Just there out of reach but definitely real.

If someone suggested these sightings were angels, or the US had an actual angel in captivity, you wouldn't think twice about writing it off. You wouldn't bother watching the videos of testimonials. I feel pretty much the same about aliens. It's all very interesting but it doesn't prove anything. Ghosts are interesting but when someone starts arguing that they are proof of life after death I tune out.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Navy patent for technology that reduces the effect of gravity on the inside of a craft and allows it to travel at very high speeds.

Ok thats an interesting read.

But how and where did they source this technology? The mulders out there will say reverse engineering
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

Ok thats an interesting read.

But how and where did they source this technology? The mulders out there will say reverse engineering

Sourced? We’ve been inventing new technology for millennia, why would this be sourced?
  • Not to much of a jump from very cold helium.
  • monkey wrote:
    Only thing that will convince people properly is hi-res images or vids. Which is fair enough.  My genuine, personal view is that they aren't all shitting the bed because it's nothing. They're sitting on something. Not aliens. Just concrete evidence of something they can't explain. Something that people more experienced and knowledgeable than Mick West have run the rule over. All the explosive quotes about aliens are from retirees though. They're speaking freely because they know no one gives a shit about it. But it hasn't got all the way up to Obama because someone mistook a parallax effect for a high-speed craft.
    Who are they and what do you mean by shitting the bed?
    shitting the bed = publicly expressing concern about the security implications of unidentified craft entering US air space. 

they = a collection of pilots, senators and former high-ranking intelligence officials and anonymous current people.
  • That patent stuff is amazing. Either Salvatore Cezar Pais is inventing a UFO by himself. Or...something else.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    See I've absolutely never in my life seen shitting the bed mean that. I'd also expect those people to worry about that type of thing. So I dunno what the fuss is really
  • See I've absolutely never in my life seen shitting the bed mean that. I'd also expect those people to worry about that type of thing. So I dunno what the fuss is really
    Shit the bed
    1) Fuck up
    2) Panic / worry / get scared

It’s interesting because public admissions by people of that level of seniority that US air space is being routinely violated by unknown craft isn’t something that’s happened before afaik.

Even more interesting that these craft supposedly have these extraordinary capabilities.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Navy patent for technology that reduces the effect of gravity on the inside of a craft and allows it to travel at very high speeds. https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/en
    Ok thats an interesting read. But how and where did they source this technology? The mulders out there will say reverse engineering
    Sourced? We’ve been inventing new technology for millennia, why would this be sourced?
    Do we *seriously* believe that the US Navy is working on super-top-secret technology to make "high temperature superconductors", "gravity wave generators" and "inertial mass reduction craft"... and that this super secret ("maybe reverse-engineered from alien spaceships!") technology would then be submitted as a PATENT?! 
    A patent which tells the entire world, including the US' enemies like Russia and North Korea, how to make the damn things (or at least which avenues to explore in order to recreate the technology) ?!

https://patents.google.com/?inventor=Salvatore+Cezar+Pais

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Pais

Like, holy shit guys. Holy shit.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    To panic is to shit yourself, not the bed. /pedant
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've seen it used in the "fucked it up" sense. As in Boris shat the bed with Covid. Never the panic/worry thing. Fair enough.

I thought they'd just released information, videos, reports and what not under the freedom of information act because people are hounding them for it, it's not like people are tearing around the Pentagon screaming or owt is it? Have I missed something that suggests that?

I'm sure the people in those roles have plenty of worries about national security, but alien invasion sits right at the bottom of a long list. They used to have a program set up to investigate these things but after a while scrapped it because it was a waste of money, time and resources. They found fuck all to make it worth investigating.

Releasing this stuff to the public is like when my son has a nightmare and I check under his bed with him to reassure him that there's nowt to worry about. If I thought there was a child eating monster under there I'd not risk it to be honest
  • djchump wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Navy patent for technology that reduces the effect of gravity on the inside of a craft and allows it to travel at very high speeds. https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/en
    Ok thats an interesting read. But how and where did they source this technology? The mulders out there will say reverse engineering
    Do we *seriously* believe that the US Navy is working on super-top-secret technology to make "high temperature superconductors", "gravity wave generators" and "inertial mass reduction craft"... and that this super secret ("maybe reverse-engineered from alien spaceships!") technology would then be submitted as a PATENT?! 
    A patent which tells the entire world, including the US' enemies like Russia and North Korea, how to make the damn things (or at least which avenues to explore in order to recreate the technology) ?!

https://patents.google.com/?inventor=Salvatore+Cezar+Pais

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Pais

Like, holy shit guys. Holy shit.

“I can’t believe you’re seriously suggesting this thing I just made up and that no one has said. Holy shit etc”
  • I've seen it used in the "fucked it up" sense. As in Boris shat the bed with Covid. Never the panic/worry thing. Fair enough.

I thought they'd just released information, videos, reports and what not under the freedom of information act because people are hounding them for it, it's not like people are tearing around the Pentagon screaming or owt is it? Have I missed something that suggests that?

I'm sure the people in those roles have plenty of worries about national security, but alien invasion sits right at the bottom of a long list. They used to have a program set up to investigate these things but after a while scrapped it because it was a waste of money, time and resources. They found fuck all to make it worth investigating.

Releasing this stuff to the public is like when my son has a nightmare and I check under his bed with him to reassure him that there's nowt to worry about. If I thought there was a child eating monster under there I'd not risk it to be honest

Airspace incursion by unknown people is a serious thing for the US. The sort of thing they shit the bed about. That’s a long way from ‘alien invasion’.
  • I’d just expect this upcoming report to say “funky shit flying round, mostly explainable, some of it isn’t. More money needed for better equipment to protect and observe our airspace so we can get to the bottom of it.”
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    There's no proof of it being unknown people either. It's just unknown. And completely benign too.

It's like the monster under the bed actually does exist, but no one ever sees it, it doesn't do any harm, leaves no trace. It's just that once in a while when you're nodding off you can hear it breathing, and it spooks you. After a while though, you'll get tired of jumping out of bed and flicking the light on. Later still when you hear it you'll just roll over, fart, and go back to sleep

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!