Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • Wikipedia lists Mick West as the programmer for the first three Tony Hawk games.
  • Stick to skateboards Mick. Leave the aliens to the pros.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    If Mick West is profiting in some way from airing his views, then toss out everything he's ever said.

If that’s in reference to my questioning of the pilot’s (s’?) motives, then I did clarify that I meant this:

Yossarian wrote:
    I don’t think they’re lying about everything, but I definitely don’t take anything they say at face value, and I am mindful of the fact that they could well have a direct financial interest in playing certain parts of their stories up or down in order to keep people interested.

Feel free to treat Mick West the same way.
  • To be clear, I don't have any issue with it on either side.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I more posted that comment to highlight Joe Rogan, than denigrate Mick.

Again, not like I'm a fan of Rogan, or fully trust him (I hear you, @Face), it's just that it's interesting to think that he's happy enough to spend 3 hours talking to Mick, and 3 hours talking Fravors, but many of the badgers posting here have got gloves out, demanding satisfaction.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • He's happy to let anyone talk about whatever they want for 3 hours unchallenged. Great if it's an athlete or a comedian, less so when it comes to something like science or medicine.
  • Even less so when it’s nazis.
  • djchump wrote:
    Here we go - but only for the open-minded among us:
    I’m sure the close-minded that love to appeal to authority will just hand-wave away the simple maths proof with “but he’s not a fighter pilot so he doesn’t know how to use eyes to look at a video!”
    I did the unthinkable and watched the video. Im famous for not doing ANY research or watching the videos for either side. So my Tony Hawks man makes a lot of sense, his maths on the video appears sound.
    However, Im relying on him to tell me what the readouts on the video mean. If he is correct then hotdamn thats a balloon yo. Thanks to my shit memory I cant remember the rest of the story if after the video the object takes off and vanishes or whatever. And Ill probably not go hunting for the answers (lack of time/interest).

It takes an ex games dev 6 minutes to debunk that video. Is that the Navy's game? Release the video, then in a while turn around and confirm its a pile of shit? And put to bed any talk of UFOs for another decade or two?

I find it very peculiar that experienced pilots and operators are basically incompetent at reading their instruments. To me, the parallax effect is something that a rookie would see on day one, hell Im sure we have seen it a huge number of times in movies/games.
    Targetting any airborne object in a similar scenario would surely produce a similar video to what we saw and old Mick debunked. If Mick's interpretation of the readouts are correct then seems pretty clear the Navy buckos are lying. Like you dont even need to do fancy maths to see that the object is faaaaaaar above sea level. Just taking the altitude of the fighter and distance to the object Im sure the pilot would have a feel for approximate altitude.

But this is why I asked about other experienced aviators evaluating the video. If nothing else than to confirm the readings (and so Mick's interpretation).
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But this is why I asked about other experienced aviators evaluating the video. If nothing else than to confirm the readings (and so Mick's interpretation).

@Elmlea.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Here we go - but only for the open-minded among us:

I’m sure the close-minded that love to appeal to authority will just hand-wave away the simple maths proof with “but he’s not a fighter pilot so he doesn’t know how to use eyes to look at a video!”

That’s an excellent supposition of a small object being locked onto from far away, and you can tell by the pilot’s voices that was tricky to do. The clip never sat right with me TBH.

Though we need to guard against throwing baby out with the bath water. The FLIR and Gimble footage, simply Mick really is just hypothesising because admittedly, hasn’t full knowledge of the situations or enough data.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Isn’t that what everyone is doing with these?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    At least with his hypothesising he’s able to lend some weight to it by demonstrating how everyday objects could appear as they do in these videos.
  • It takes an ex games dev 6 minutes to debunk that video. Is that the Navy's game? Release the video, then in a while turn around and confirm its a pile of shit? And put to bed any talk of UFOs for another decade or two?
    AFAIK, they were badgered into releasing the videos under the FOIA type requests, and they did so with “here’s our report from the time, it all looked like basic UAVs/weather balloons/UAP, we don’t comment any further because quite frankly we’ve got better things to do”.
    I find it very peculiar that experienced pilots and operators are basically incompetent at reading their instruments. To me, the parallax effect is something that a rookie would see on day one, hell Im sure we have seen it a huge number of times in movies/games.
    Targetting any airborne object in a similar scenario would surely produce a similar video to what we saw and old Mick debunked. If Mick's interpretation of the readouts are correct then seems pretty clear the Navy buckos are lying. Like you dont even need to do fancy maths to see that the object is faaaaaaar above sea level. Just taking the altitude of the fighter and distance to the object Im sure the pilot would have a feel for approximate altitude.
    I’m sure the pilot at the time was perfectly able to judge where the object was, how big/fast etc. - which is probably why IIRC none of them diverted to investigate any further.

I’m also pretty sure that in all the post-event interviews on the “ZOMFG ANCIENT ALIENS ARE HERE” tv shows the interviewees are all quite careful to couch their statements in non-committal terms such as “IF that thing is as close to the surface as It LOOKS, then it’s flying crazy fast!” and “it disappeared from my screen then it LOOKED like it appeared on the radar again 30 miles away only seconds later! IF it was the same object, it must have travelled 50 bajillion times the speed of sound!” - it’s the stitching together by the tv show that then starts layering it all up into a narrative where an entire Navy fleet is getting buzzed and harassed by giant tictacs that travel at impossible speeds and completed baffled, evaded and ran rings around them - when really it was a few isolated weird things during a training exercise where the jets didnt even divert from their flight paths at the time because the “things” they were seeing and recording were really quite uninteresting.

Fravor’s account of the tictac coming out the water etc is the only really significant part, and, what a surprise, there’s no evidence or recording of that. As is always the way for the past 70 years of ufology.

Seems to be a whole lot less reports of abductions these days now that everyone’s got smartphones. We should probably give Apple some kind of Nobel Prize for saving the human race from all them anal probes.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    DJ, there you go swinging into the Nimitz incident with at best a rudimentary grasp on the events. Read up on it some more and come back when you’ve calmed down luv.
  • djchump wrote:
    I'd quite like to see something akin to the Mythbusters' Moon landings conspiracies episode, where people recreate the conditions in an attempt to purposely create the scenarios where you get the appearance of objects like these, just to see how viable the mundane explanations are.
    Myself and Yoss have previously posted links to Mick West debunking videos - he does nice, simple examples and recreations to show parallax error, camera FOV, "auras" around objects when using IR cam etc. The Truth is out there, it's just not "Out There".

Yeah I remember seeing about this vid a while ago, I wasn't super interested either way at the time so I didn't watch it myself. Didn't realise he did such a good job of explaining it, great stuff.

So yeah mine and other similar reckons are still looking good I think -
    Eyewitness and/or instrument error
    Natural phenomenon that looks unnatural
    Man-made phenomenon that accidentally looks ufoish
    Pranks and grifting
    Advanced human tech whizzing about
    Aliens
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    All for sorting the wheat from the chaff which is why we should try and listen to all reckons, then assess. Former C.I.A. director John Brennan made a recent spooky one.

hP9ZZZ5.jpg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The grammatical structure is certainly spooky. That's a particularly messy combination of words.
  • ...think - unexplained - might - don't yet understand - could - some type of - some might say...

Yeah that's a real spooky reckon right there.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    You missed out the last sentence, unsurprisingly.
  • No I really didn't.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    No I really didn't.
    The bit he was dancing around.

• Ex Director of the CIA John Brennan is a pussy, is what I'm getting from that statement.

Just say it bro, if you know it's aliens and which videos are the ones showing their craft/themselves then why would you hide behind the secrets act and make vague maybe statements? You can be remembered forever as the person who confirmed to the public that we aren't alone, who cares about the possible jail time at that point?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • No I really didn't.
    The bit he was dancing around.

4nq4W3f.png
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Ex Director of the CIA John Brennan is a pussy, is what I'm getting from that statement.

Just say it bro, if you know it's aliens and which videos are the ones showing their craft/themselves then why would you hide behind the secrets act and make vague maybe statements? You can be remembered forever as the person who confirmed to the public that we aren't alone, who cares about the possible jail time at that point?

Agreed. If there is no substance to the classified data, a former head of intelligence should come outright and say so. Seems weird the eggshells he appears to be navigating. That said, when individuals, groups even, affirm such things they are seen as cranks.
  • ... come back when you’ve calmed down luv.
    Fuck off.
  • Roujin wrote:
    Ex Director of the CIA John Brennan is a pussy, is what I'm getting from that statement.

Agreed. If there is no substance to the classified data, a former head of intelligence should come outright and say so. Seems weird the eggshells he appears to be navigating. That said, when individuals, groups even, affirm such things they are seen as cranks.

When random pen pushers and middle managers make claims it's one thing, when the guy who was in charge of the CIA comes out and says, yo these are the videos showing extra terrestrial craft and aliens it's a different matter entirely.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I doubt he’d have said anything if he knew for sure that they were aliens. I don’t believe for a second that adding in some I thinks and maybes would shield you from prosecution for revealing state secrets.
  • Bruh if I was a public servant and head of any agency and there was proof of life outside the solar system I'm going for the greater good and spilling the beans. Fucking amount of time spent on stuff like SETI and theorising about how interstellar travel might be a possibility but we don't know yet and we could just be like, yeah this stuff is out there, time to focus on how to do it, not IF we can do it. Peoples entire careers spent on what ifs that could have been spent on what comes after we have the certainty of not being alone, it's unthinkable to me that people are capable of knowingly holding the advancement of the entire human race back like that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But he hasn’t spilled the beans, he’s made some vague statement about possibilities.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!