Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • ...no hard evidence.

Records of behaviour are not the same thing as proving the existence (or not) of something. Apples/oranges.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Saucers and teapots.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • These are the only flying saucers I care about.

Flying-Saucers-1KIN-SHE-FLS.jpg
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    ...no hard evidence.

Records of behaviour are not the same thing as proving the existence (or not) of something. Apples/oranges.

In the absence of hard evidence (what would that even look like from a serviceman in 1967) it’s about who’s telling the truth though when it’s one word against another. Not even another, in most of these cases it’s silence or no comment.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    But it’s not just one word against another, is it? It’s one massively unlikely by any standard that we have word against another much more plausible one.
  • I have no skin in this game, or plans to argue it out. I think it’s all nonsense and you’re loonballs if you take the ‘revelations’ industry seriously. But if you find it entertaining, and aren’t harming anyone in the process, then fill your boots, and have your fun.
  • poprock wrote:
    Salmond’s own defence lawyer is on record saying he’s guilty as fuck. I don’t think you’ve picked the best example for comparisons there.

We're not comparing like with like. A host of evidence and claims are in the public domain and you and yoss (wrongly) feel able to second guess the verdict. You are on fact evaluating for yourselves and not deferring to the jury.

The real comparison would be:

BHD and Dino and any other loon points to a story that mentions UFOs maybe are a serious thing in govt.

Yoss says they're gullible whites

And

Yoss and Poppo point to a story that mentions maybe someone says the jury actually found Salmond guilty but it's being kept a secret.

No one is questioning anybody's ability or right to make evaluative judgements. What the loons are doing ITT is trying to evade any and all responsibility for such judgements (probably because deep down, it's embarrassing) - and are instead trying to present things as a FACT

Poppo and Yoss are not saying as a matter of fact Salmond was found guilty. They are saying "really, he was".

They're plainly wrong and biased in doing so - someone is not guilty of a jury acquits, full stop. But still, what they are actually saying is, I think he is guilty.

What you are saying is: wake up sheeple these are all facts.

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Salmond wasn’t acquitted though, was he? At least one of the cases came in ‘not proven’. Which means even the court believes the defendant is guilty.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    @Gonzo The public is the jury, and I’m putting the case for the witnesses against the silent powers that be.

At least listen to their plea?

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve not said that I think Salmond is guilty, I can’t claim to have been particularly following the story at all.
  • I thought Tempy was posting me some ghost stories and not more of this never ending lunacy?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Even if these brave men who are standing up to the man believe they are telling the truth, it doesn't mean they are.
  • Phased in, saw a page of carnage. Decided its too nice a evening to waste. Beamed out.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Goobs, it’s a more conciliatory opinion and a step forward in my view.
  • I look at the UFO thing exactly the same way I look at religion. I don’t believe a word of it, lots of other people do, and some grifters prey on the beliefs of others. In the grand scheme of things, religion does a fuck of a lot more harm.
  • Na, the aliens do more harm.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Only to cows and bottoms.
  • Just like all the old men who work in churches then.
  • More ghosts, less aliens pls.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yip.
  • Something seems off about that pacman. Weird.
  • *Phases in, beams the fuck out*
  • nick_md wrote:
    Weird.
    Curious, even.
  • What are we debating? Governments covering up the existence of clearly non human UFOs? I'm going to wade in with an opinion i just thought of in the last 5 minutes :) I think the media would be allllllllll over it like a rash if there was real evidence there. Yeah the media publish what they want to and to an extent what they can get away with but the primary driver is money and i believe would money override the first two.
  • I have an announcement to make, as of today there will be a Super Weird Thread created which will be a closed shop limited to myslef, bad_hair and superfly. We will invite other contributors on annual basis to join. This is for the good of the forum and the future of the forum.

;)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I was only trolling Dino.
  • Guess you dont follow football bad_hair ? Joke has gone over your head (no pun intended).
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Nah, football’s rather too tribal for me, unless England are playing then COME ON YOU LIONS.
  • A good friend of mine was once convinced his flat was haunted. It was a very odd series of events. We were both on a media traineeship scheme at the BBC at the time so every morning he'd come in with the latest update. I absolutely loved it but he became increasingly frazzled as the weeks went on.

He lived in a small flat in a high-rise with his mum. They were high up, above the 10th floor at least. It started with him saying he could hear footsteps at night, wandering around the flat and stopping outside his door. Said he could see a shadow there that would wait for a few moments then wander off again before the footsteps would move into the living room followed by the sound of someone sitting in an old armchair that had a distinctive sound.

I obviously told him it was probably his mum sleepwalking or something but he was convinced it was something else. Claimed he got a really bad vibe from it. Anyway, as the days went on he'd come in every morning with a further escalation of events. Said he'd hear tapping at his window (high-rise remember) and yet more footsteps and the same squeak from someone sitting in the armchair. By this point he said his mum was now experiencing the same thing and they were both terrified.

In one of his most frazzled mornings he came in claiming that the night before he was having a bath when the wall-mounted mirror popped off the wall, bounced glass-side down on the sink before flipping over and shattering on the side of the bath, showering him in shards of glass. Another morning he claimed that after more tapping on his bedroom window he finally worked up the courage to open the curtains, almost having a heart attack when he noticed a small boy down below on a tricycle (at like 4am).

His mum, a catholic, eventually called in the local priest who supposedly came to the house and performed a blessing. He said things calmed down after that.

I've always been intrigued by his tale. On one hand it sure does seem like a whole bunch of made up horror movies cliches. But I've never been able to get my head around why he'd make it all up. If he did then he was certainly playing the long game as it went on for weeks. Quite possible he was just a bullshit artist of course. As mentioned, we were on a media traineeship which gave us access to video and audio recording devices. At the height of it I was pleading with him to set up cameras but he was having none of it. If it was all bullshit then he certainly did a convincing job of acting increasingly frazzled by the whole thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!