Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • It'll just be the people living in your loft, dont worry about it.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    It'll just be the people living in your loft, dont worry about it.

I had a dream about people next door traveling to my house via a hole in the loft once. I have some pretty vivid dreams.

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    aDKX4pz.gif
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • nick_md wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    It'll just be the people living in your loft, dont worry about it.
    I had a dream about people next door traveling to my house via a hole in the loft once. I have some pretty vivid dreams.

I dreamt that there was a vast vault space in my garden wall just last night that my neighbours knew about and decided to introduce me to all the extra space I didn’t know I had.  Vvvv disappointed this morning to see it just sat their being a stupid boring stone wall with no hidden house or anything.stupid fucking wall
  • Or the mentally ill older women from 3 houses down that still has keys to your house. Letting herself in during the night so she can sit in your kids room in the dark, the room that both her parents died in.

Still gives me shivers now....
    PSN - minkymu
  • I did think of that also, Christ what a story.
  • Uncle that's fucking weird as shit I had a vivid dream where I uncovered another room behind a secret wall in my house last night. That's made me quite uneasy...
  • That is interesting about the footsteps for you guys too. Was there anything associated with it? Or just the footsteps?  
    For me it happened more than once while I was out of bed and while I was wide awake the rest of the times. Ah look Im not insisting it was anything, but that room had a feel to it at night.  Its actually quite difficult to put into words. There were patterns to it, it would be slow/fast/slow etc. It didnt seem to line up with my own state. 
    It was the fear I think that really got me. Anyway, im not doing a great job of explaining it but Im certain there is a standard "normal" explanation for it all. I think its at least partially down to my brain chemistry. Im normally hyperaware sort of.  It often feels like Im not alone etc, I get the jitters, sudden sounds jolt me. When I had to go on some tablets to help with anxiety, a lot of that dropped away and I relaxed a bit. I think I might need to gather my thoughts on it. Not thought about it in depth for a long time. Jeez I thinking Im sounding a bit mental!
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Any chance it was related to sleep paralysis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I’ve had that once or twice, it’s as freaky as shit.
  • I've told my story of sleep paralysis in here before.
    It really fucks with you. I can easily see how believers in demons, ghosts or even alien abduction can link sleep paralysis to those things.

It still weirds me out thinking about the shadowy, elongated figure filling my bedroom door frame.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I had the footsteps thing too when I was living for a while in my grandmother's big old house. I heard them coming up the stairs outside the bedroom while I was alone in the house a few times. I put it down to overactive imagination and reading Unexplained magazine. The one day I got out of bed (I was off school ill) to go and check the stairs and a bastard had come up them. He was a local handyman who hadn't realised I was at home and had gone upstairs to look for valuables.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I've told my story of sleep paralysis in here before. It really fucks with you. I can easily see how believers in demons, ghosts or even alien abduction can link sleep paralysis to those things. It still weirds me out thinking about the shadowy, elongated figure filling my bedroom door frame.

This happened to me a fair few times when I was in my teens and twenties. The first time it's seriously frightening.
  • I'm still great and you still love it.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I used to believe
    Children are our future
    But realised they turn
    Into adults
  • Walked in, saw a couple of pages of carnage. Decided its too nice a day to waste. Walked out.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Walked in, saw a couple of millenia of carnage. Decided its too nice a day to waste. Walked out.

That's probably what the aliens would say, except I'm not sure balloonomorphs "walk" exactly.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Walked in, saw a couple of pages of carnage. Decided its too nice a day to waste. Walked out.

Superflys story is disturbing, but carnage?
  • I can rustle up some scary youtube videos and copy and paste some a whole article from a website if it makes people feel better
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    The more you are exposed to the ideas and concepts the more you can drill down into it, too many people just dismiss it without doing any reading.
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Walked in, saw a couple of pages of carnage. Decided its too nice a day to waste. Walked out.

So you're not going to do the reading then? 

Winky smiley to the max.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Tempy wrote:
    I can rustle up some scary youtube videos and copy and paste some a whole article from a website if it makes people feel better

yes please
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    How is it that you’ve spent ages in this thread pointing out how credible military witnesses are when they tell you what you want to hear, yet now we have two military witnesses on one hand versus one on the other and you’re just dismissing the reports that don’t align with your beliefs?

Bias? Would it help if posted correspondence from (name dropping again) Colonel Don Crawford to balance it out? I doubt it.

It’s incredible you don’t think if UFO’s were disarming nukes the Brass wouldn’t try and cover that up. If I bothered looking I’m fairly confident the Soviets had the same happen to them.

I fully believe that the army is capable of covering up things that happened, but seeing as this entire incident is based on the testimony of one man, testimony that is directly contradicted by other eyewitnesses, I believe it is far, far more likely that Salas and Hastings are full of shit, and this was genuinely just some random technical fault.

Well now, CNN filmed a press briefing about UFO interference with nukes in 2010. Seems Robert Salas isn’t ‘full of shit’ (rude) as two witnesses in this video have first hand experiences to corroborate his testimony.

Then there’s the other three former USAF servicemen who have very similar recollections of other incidents.

As a patriotic backroom operative, you need belief in your story and guts if you’re going to embarrass the military/government, plus face the national press and answer questions.

No mention of random technical faults or balloons.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Come on man, did you really think that yet more individual testimony which isn’t substantiated by a shred of hard evidence was going to convince me of anything?
  • Random story about how I became a skeptic. When i was about 16/17 i got my first mobile phone, a huge brick-flip thing with a camera. I think the brand was NEC, and it was one of the first phones to have built in video recording features. One peculiar ‘feature’ of this phone was how it responded to photographing/videoing the sun. The rest of the sky would look completely normal, but the sun would appear as a black circle/object. Moreover, if you tilted the camera back and forth, there were angles where the sun would appear to have a black strike through it too, making it look like the cliche depiction of a flying saucer. There was no gradient in how the colours transitioned from the black sun to the blue sky either; it was clear and distinct. None of my friends' phones- different models- created this effect, and we were all really impressed with just how much this looked like an actual ufo.

Anyway, one afternoon my friends and i spent a few hours trying to create a video hoax to convince people that we had captured an alien craft on film. It didn’t take many attempts to realise that a shaky hand was beneficial to making the video look more believable/less like a lens trick, plus this was also quite good at creating the illusion of a moving craft as we could slowly shuffle to the side to make it look as if the spaceship/sun had passed behind my parents house. We even rehearsed some lines to read out as part of a script so that we would all sound suitably amazed at what we were witnessing.

In the end we had created something that was really convincing. So much so that our new intention was to send it in to the local paper to see if they were interested in covering the story. Unfortunately none of us could figure out how to get footage off my phone, so the idea was abandoned. Instead we used it to impress friends and strangers in the pub, and for this purpose it worked really well.

Some weeks later we all had a good laugh when we saw that someone else evidently had the same idea as us, but had managed to actually get their footage off the phone and send it to the papers. The Herald Express, a local newspaper in Devon, put it on the front page. ‘UFO spotted over Torquay’ or something like that. The image was undoubtedly captured in the same way ours was. Really, we were 100% sure. There was an interview with some chap and his friends who had concocted a story about seeing the craft one morning.

What was really funny about this was the other emerging accounts reported to the paper in the days that followed. Apparently other people had seen it too, most of whom unfortunately didn’t have a camera. Suddenly this forgery was gaining ‘credibility’, which led to other local newspapers calling out for any other who may have witnessed this mysterious craft. Some weeks later there was another sighting too, only this time the Western Morning News had the scoop. Again, it was absolutely forged in the same way ours was- there were too many similarities- and once again the news story was met by other readers writing in to say they thought they saw it too.

This should be quoted to be the top comment on every page. It's astounding how gullible people are.

Yoss, ARE YOU SAYING THE WESTERN MORNING NEWS AND THE HERALD EXPRESS ARE NOT LEGITIMATE NEWS SOURCES?

Come on Hairdo, we have him on the ropes. BACK ME UP LARRY

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Come on man, did you really think that yet more individual testimony which isn’t substantiated by a shred of hard evidence was going to convince me of anything?

Is exactly what the Alex Salmond jury said. Case closed ladies.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    We’ve been over this. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, not just something that looks like a support group for recently-divorced men searching for some reason not to top themselves.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence, especially if it’s covered up by a powerful group. You seem to want to play the game as you’ve argued the point and posted your own ‘credible evidence’ to counter testimonies. Fun tho innit?
  • Salmond’s own defence lawyer is on record saying he’s guilty as fuck. I don’t think you’ve picked the best example for comparisons there.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    That’s the point though Pops, we all know he’s guilty yet...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I just showed you the first thing I found when I googled that incident as it amused me, and besides, it seems that personal testimonies are perfectly good enough for you, assuming they tell you what you want to hear.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Ditto, they’re not hiding behind a blog, those brave men are standing against the man and have thought you of all people would salute that, ya commie bastard.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!