Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I can see you as Loki.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I can’t watch everyone’s every move.
    If you were God that would explain an awful lot.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Loki there.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    FFS Griff.
  • I just watch Yoss' every move.
  • Urgh hurr hurr hurrrrr
  • Can you imagine having to watch every mundane and painfully stupid thing every human does every second of the day, forever.

What kind of all powerful being creates such a purgatory for themselves.
  • Unsolved Mysteries is a podcast now.

Here's a quick review from the AV Club, sounds like it would pique the interest of folk in this thread:
    Following on the heels of last summer’s glossy reboot of Unsolved Mysteries over on Netflix, the creators of the original series, which debuted back in 1987, have continued to adapt their product for the modern era while keeping the kernels of melodrama and genuine horror that made the Robert Stack era so compelling. Unlike the Netflix series, the Unsolved Mysteries podcast (presented by Cadence13) enlists host Steve French to narrate each installment, but makes the wise choice to keep him largely out of the way, propelling the story with firsthand accounts and interviews with law enforcement. Fans of the TV show might recall that familiar “ah, shit” feeling whenever the topic swerved from true crime to the paranormal, but the podcast handles alien encounters fairly well by comparison—which is a relief, since four of its nine episodes so far have featured them. Without the need to visually represent alien spacecraft, the podcast relies on the pure, earnest conviction of the witnesses to tell the story and lets your imagination do the rest. This time around, we hear about a series of sightings in the Hudson Valley and why the odd collections of light couldn’t possibly be a tight formation of airplanes. [Marnie Shure]
  • No such thing as god.

Religion is and always has been a method of control, oft abused.

It is also a way of explaining the supernatural aliens and other stuff they can’t explain away.

If you believe fair play. I do not. I have watched too many people die horrible deaths for there to be a god.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Like history, religion is often abused bent or twisted to fit a certain perspective or remit by those who write it.
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What if god is just an alien that visited ages ago and decided to stay?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    No such thing as god.

Well I'm glad that's finally sorted out.
  • I don't believe in God but i do believe that belief in a God or Gods is a natural part of evolution. We like to understand things and it's one way to explain how life came to be. Some people take advantage of that and use it for their own purposes. Some of those purposes are good, some were intended to be good and turned out bad, some were just bad from the start.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Unsolved Mysteries is a podcast now.

Here's a quick review from the AV Club, sounds like it would pique the interest of folk in this thread:
    Following on the heels of last summer’s glossy reboot of Unsolved Mysteries over on Netflix, the creators of the original series, which debuted back in 1987, have continued to adapt their product for the modern era while keeping the kernels of melodrama and genuine horror that made the Robert Stack era so compelling. Unlike the Netflix series, the Unsolved Mysteries podcast (presented by Cadence13) enlists host Steve French to narrate each installment, but makes the wise choice to keep him largely out of the way, propelling the story with firsthand accounts and interviews with law enforcement. Fans of the TV show might recall that familiar “ah, shit” feeling whenever the topic swerved from true crime to the paranormal, but the podcast handles alien encounters fairly well by comparison—which is a relief, since four of its nine episodes so far have featured them. Without the need to visually represent alien spacecraft, the podcast relies on the pure, earnest conviction of the witnesses to tell the story and lets your imagination do the rest. This time around, we hear about a series of sightings in the Hudson Valley and why the odd collections of light couldn’t possibly be a tight formation of airplanes. [Marnie Shure]

Brilliant. Thanks Tempy!
    Just heard the first episode this evening on a lovely bike ride through the local woods.

Creepy and fun

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • What if God was one of us?
  • What if God was one of us?

Just a stranger on a bus?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Now that would be ironic.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • What, like a free ride when you've already paid?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Like shit weather on an important day?
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Can you imagine having to watch every mundane and painfully stupid thing every human does every second of the day, forever.

What kind of all powerful being creates such a purgatory for themselves.

Well, maybe God is being punished for living a shitty life so he has to watch our mundane shit forever. Kind of explains Aids.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well Gnostics believe that the Christian god is actually a shit, useless, fake god, and the real god you can't communicate with at all. So god could actually be having a very shitty time and taking it out on us.
  • Kow wrote:
    Well Gnostics believe that the Christian god is actually a shit, useless, fake god, and the real god you can't communicate with at all. So god could actually be having a very shitty time and taking it out on us.

So similar to when I have a hangover and the kids are being dickheads?
  • Minkymu wrote:
    No such thing as god.

Religion is and always has been a method of control, oft abused.

It is also a way of explaining the supernatural aliens and other stuff they can’t explain away.

If you believe fair play. I do not. I have watched too many people die horrible deaths for there to be a god.

I mean.... Ah. I got nothing.

My mum reckons there was a room I thought "there was a presence in" when I was a kid. Apparently someone had died in it previously.

Did a little ceremony I think.

Not sure if it was a house we lived in or not.

But we did have religious stuff in the house, given mum being a priest.

This came up because Ara has taken awhile to hang out in her room by herself.

Mum wanted to do another cleansing ceremony.

I missed the convo, the Mrs did a great job of non commit back out of convo without laughing.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Hahaha, fucking hell Face. Your other half really earning her keep there!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My ma isn't religious at all but as she's become elderly she's decided there may be angels (not of any particular religion, maybe just 'beings') who look out for us. She doesn't actually believe it as such but it entertains her to be open to the idea. She says at her age, why not?
  • I for one am glad we have cleared up all theological debate
  • It's high time badgers moved on to the big leagues: alien visitations and balloon shaped ufos
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • The bible is full of spinning chariots of the gods , and angels originally had a fairly non human with wings description in the Old Testament too lol.

I mean if you believe in god and religion fair enough. I don’t. If you believe in intelligent life other than ours fair play.

However you can’t really argue with the religion written by those for control.
    PSN - minkymu
  • If you’re gonna have this discussion in here (we do have a god thread somewhere …) I think it’d help to separate ‘religion’ from ‘organised religion’.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    My original question wasn’t about religion (adherence to a set of rules in this instance) but following on from Griff’s post...

Lord_Griff wrote:
    I think humans are naturally drawn to the supernatural, and their ability to empathise through the recreation of another person in their own mind creates the opportunity to believe in spirits and ghosts among other things...

Sooo, who ITT (or anyone they know) believe there’s a god watching our every move?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!