Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Can't believe I'm being tarred with the fanboy brush just for laughing at you crazies. How rude.

The Playstation Defence Force take no prisoners Sparkles.
  • Can't believe I'm being tarred with the fanboy brush just for laughing at you crazies. How rude.

You called the meeting.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Seems like I'm an innocent victim of this war, collateral damage if you will.

When does the gang rape torture begin?
  • The Xbots are attacking our defences, where are Davie and co?!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Now

*grabs latex gloves and custard*
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Who's who?

I'm the ginge, you're the blonde Rusky, Plan is Kwame, Vere is the Asian and Davie is Ma-Ti

I'm Italian so I'm olive skinned but woah Ive been out catching the rays!!

In other news just about to start this.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Who's who?

I'm the ginge, you're the blonde Rusky, Plan is Kwame, Vere is the Asian and Davie is Ma-Ti

-1000 points for knowing the names of Planeteers.
  • I only remembered the name of Kwame. I had to look up MA-Ti.
    Thanks to looking up Ma-Ti I found the ginge was called Wheeler (seriously). I cannot remember the names of the two ladies.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Plan XIII wrote:
    The Xbots are attacking our defences,...

WgkAEAi.gif
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Re: Kojima controversial content
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah but it's fiction so you could totally avoid putting any such character in any such situation; in a game it's even less relevant. It's straight up fridging and it's despicable.

Let's not pretend the guy is interested, not to mention capable, of a nuanced analysis of torture and gender, in any medium.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    It's part of the story of big boss though brooks and goes some way to explaining why he became such a bastard.
    This isn't the full story and there will beore told/explained in the.

Did you also feel that they shouldn't have the same kind of content in the hurt locker?
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The Hurt Locker had a woman being gang raped, a bomb inserted into her gut and then one shoved up her fanny? Must have missed those bits.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You didn't watch the DVD extras?
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Can't believe I'm being tarred with the fanboy brush just for laughing at you crazies. How rude.

Awww leave em be, they finally found a game to play for 3 hours or so :D
  • daviedigi wrote:
    It's part of the story of big boss though brooks and goes some way to explaining why he became such a bastard.

It's a terribly shitty, exploitative way to write a story. It's even more daft in a videogame context where 'retrieve an object' is all the motivation any single player needs to undertake the task.

Oh noes but teh Big Boss teh canon omg, yes, this is a valuable reason for the disclosed details. Fucks alive.

I haven't seen Hurt Locker. If it they pull the same kind of guileless junk as Kojima has, I don't think I want to.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Strikes me the biggest rape is paying up to £30 for a glorified demo.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    The Hurt Locker had a woman being gang raped, a bomb inserted into her gut and then one shoved up her fanny? Must have missed those bits.

Were this gang rape then as it seems more like torture to me, water torture I would assume as that's what it sounds like.

War is atrocities happen a lot and a bomb in the fanny is just a suggestion, it could be anywere on her (that requires the removal of non essential organs).

Iv had about 9 hours total so far and loving it still.
    The deja vu mission alone is worth the asking price.
    (that mantis scene!)

....oh but the Xbots don't get the deja vu mission. Awwwwwww.

• This is not a war, it is fiction - the choice was there to do something else. To choose as he/the writing team has invites scrutiny and not a little disgust.

Why is the "suggestion" "just" a bizarrely invasive, highly sexualised/gendered medical procedure?
  • I don't quite understand why there's a PS4 owner orgy against Xbox One owners in this thread? Did I miss something?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Déjà vu innit.
  • Consolewar dorks of any description never need a powerful excuse.
  • Brooks wrote:
    This is not a war, it is fiction - the choice was there to do something else. To choose as he/the writing team has invites scrutiny and not a little disgust. Why is the "suggestion" "just" a bizarrely invasive, highly sexualised/gendered medical procedure?
    Spoiler:
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I don't quite understand why there's a PS4 owner orgy against Xbox One owners in this thread? Did I miss something?

Think it's the resolution difference. Ps4 is 1080p, Xb1 is 720p afaik.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    This is not a war, it is fiction - the choice was there to do something else. To choose as he/the writing team has invites scrutiny and not a little disgust. Why is the "suggestion" "just" a bizarrely invasive, highly sexualised/gendered medical procedure?
    Its a fiction about war. What would you have him do instead?
    Verecocha wrote:
    I don't quite understand why there's a PS4 owner orgy against Xbox One owners in this thread? Did I miss something?
    FranticPea wrote:
    Awww leave em be, they finally found a game to play for 3 hours or so :D
    Strikes me the biggest rape is paying up to £30 for a glorified demo.

Wonderbanana started his usual shit so. 

Have you played ground zeros brooks, or peace walker?

• indigo wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

Think it's the resolution difference. Ps4 is 1080p, Xb1 is 720p afaik.

Yeah that would be the technical difference, but nobody is talking about that, the PS4 owners are just going on about Xbox owners and I can't actually see why.
  • Verecocha wrote:

Oh it's just a bit of fun, don't be so precious.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Its a fiction about war. What would you have him do instead?

Already stated, the motivations you need as a player in Game X are functionally minor. It makes no difference on a practical level whether the object is a nuclear detonator or a precious rubber chicken. I'd accept either over a completely insensitive (though atypical only in its severity) damselling.

"It's just war" is never an excuse, as an author, when it's one you've ostensibly made up an episode of to flavour your dumb sneakgame, now made more dumb by your demonstration of your poor grasp of the world beyond beyond your tiny nerd universe.
  • Plan XIII wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

Oh it's just a bit of fun, don't be so precious.

But I don't get why its in here? Its normal in the next gen thread but just looks silly in here.

And I am precious....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!