The E3 Thread of Happiness and Joy and Fluffy Bunnies
  • Yeah it's one of the few games that makes use of everything from the camera to the front and rear touch screens.
    The Forum Herald™
  • LBP3 is apparently being made by Sumo Digital. I'm pretty much ignoring stuff about it, I think it's being made because there's plenty of people that want another sequel. More news on MM's proper new project (the move sculpting thing) is still to come (at some other show in the future presumably). It's probably certain to involve Morpheus, which makes a lot of sense, and I think it stands a fair chance of becoming a sandbox to rival Minecraft. But even if it doesn't extend much beyond what we've seen in that last little trailer I'll still want it mahoosively.

I did really like LBP btw, never played the second as much as I would have liked. The chip-logic stuff was mind boggling.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    The only Xbox exclusive game that interested me was Cuphead.

If Cuphead incorporates the distinctively gooey elasticity of the animation (or anything to do with the style) into how it plays , then great, but it does need to be more than just a veneer over a not particularly innovative game. I adore Ub Iwerks' animation, but that just means I love watching Ub Iwerks' cartoons; I don't share the desire for them to become other things just because the people who make those other things like them too.
  • I wish that developers would fuck off the 360 and PS3 now - they've been around for bloody ages.  This way they'd have to all go balls deep in PS4, Wii U and One, yo and we'd be spoilt for choice.

Witcher looks immense, can't wait for that shizzle.
    Rascal chops.
  • I can't remember a gen that hung around like this.

to be fair I'm perfectly happy with my new PS3 at the moment.. but I know what you mean.
    The Forum Herald™
  • PS2 had games coming out for years. It is going to feel worse this time though, COD and FIFA are sales monsters now and will be appearing and selling for a few years yet. Too many people own the last gen consoles to ignore them. Sony and MS will be hoping to flog them downloads long after shops stop giving them shelf space as well.
  • It did but then so did PSone.. but they where repositioned down market and the games where obviously bargain basement. It's kind of different now with big budget stuff still getting a last gen version.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Also the improvement of the new gen over the old isn't (well doesn't seem to me to be) much over the old, so far anyway. I've got enough on the prev gen to keep me busy for a good couple of years I think. Only really incredible new MP experiences (or MM's sculptothon which I keep bangin on about) will see me desperate to upgrade. SP stuff I can generally just wait for.
  • With 80 million+ sold of each, devs and publishers would be fools to ignore the install base.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Re:LBP3, I was surprised about them expanding the playable cast this far in. I'm not convinced they've avoided Sonic the Hedgehog-style diminishing returns.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Mike wrote:
    I wish that developers would fuck off the 360 and PS3 now - they've been around for bloody ages.  This way they'd have to all go balls deep in PS4, Wii U and One, yo and we'd be spoilt for choice. Witcher looks immense, can't wait for that shizzle.

Ha ha! And what about all us sensible people that didn't blow wads of cash on a console with no games? Both PS3 and 360 have got bags of life in them yet. Whether anyone will actually make anything good for them is another matter. If you think they will start fading out soon you've got another thing coming though...
  • what about all us sensible people that didn't blow wads of cash on a console with no games that I would enjoy?

Edited for accuracy :)
    If you think they will start fading out soon you've got another thing coming though...

But the world will still keep on spinning, yes?  TELL ME IT WILL!
    Rascal chops.
  • No other console has had a game like GTA V arrive eight years into it's life cycle. There is the odd example of six years, but nothing like this.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    The PS3 was six. The 360 was still going strong, though, unlike the dear old DC during the PS2's Indian summer. I dunno if God of War or Shadow of the Colossus would've flown, but I think Yakuza would've appeared.
  • I reckon they had to push The Division back cause they blew a huge aount of cash and manhoursinto that trailer, what a good trailer
  • No other console has had a game like GTA V arrive eight years into it's life cycle. There is the odd example of six years, but nothing like this.

Pokemon on gameboy? That was like 11 years.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Saw that earlier this morning.  SmartphoneVRhelmetlol.
    Get schwifty.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Believe me when I say those mobile VR harnesses are very good, and push the Mk1 Rift all the way...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • LBP 3 should have gone full 3D.  I loved the first.  Possibly my favourite game of all time.  The second was fantastic too but felt more like a substantial update than a proper sequel.  

The 3rd looks like more of the same but with new characters.  Presumably each will have its own abilities but since Sackboy could be customised to have different abilities throughout the levels I'm not sure what they'll actually add.
  • I think this years E3 was wholly enjoyable, the Nintendo Treehouse will be plagiarized by Microsoft and Sony for years to come, everyone had a few intriguing exclusives with some new IP. A lot of the sequels to established series looked smart, to name a few Smash Bros U, Little Big Planet 3, Bayonetta 2, Rainbow Six Siege and Far Cry 4.

So 'next gen' is heating up, after having no interest in Sony and Microsoft until this point I can say that is Sony have bagged No Man's Sky, along with a want for Far Cry 4, LBP 3 and Rainbow 6, I may end up in bed with Sony for the first time.
  • What would be a good website to check out an indie games/downloadable XBLA/PSN type round-up from the show?  I've seen Nintendo's one, lots of games that look interesting, but I haven't caught up with the next gen stuff yet.
  • Many places will allow you to see the conferences man. You'll have to do a bit of digging though as they won't be on the front page.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Many places will allow you to see the conferences man. You'll have to do a bit of digging though as they won't be on the front page.

I've watched highlights of the main stuff (and the first half of Microsoft's), but I don't remember seeing any XBLA stuff specifically - a summer of arcade montage or something.  Will have a dig around.
  • Oooh, Cuphead, I've seen that somewhere else actually.  Other than that, Source and Guacamelee and possibly maybe Roundabout, it's not tickling my fancy too much though.  I would've liked a 'Splosion Hermaphrodite or whatever Twisted Pixel would need to dress it up as to give me more of the same, loved those games.
  • Cuphead looks good. It is a shooter though. Doesn't seem to distinguish itself in any away other than it's looks.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Cuphead looks good. It is a shooter though. Doesn't seem to distinguish itself in any away other than it's looks.

That'd do me, especially for £12ish.  Worked for Alien Hominid.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yer Auld Da Gets All The Swag:

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    nae bags
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!