The E3 Thread of Happiness and Joy and Fluffy Bunnies
  • Link has looked like everything from a pink haired elf to a cartoon midget to a crazy blue superhero thing.  There is no definitive link look.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    When? I must have missed those games.
  • He looks like a cross between OG link and SS.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Deviant art doesn't count.
  • link-to-the-past1.jpg

Pink Hair

th?&id=HN.608034470125897161&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Cartoon Midget

majora_oni_link.jpg

Blue superhero
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Middle one is the Link I'd recognise, I don't know what's going on with the bottom one. What game is it from?
  • Didn't Link start off wearing a different outfit in Skyward Sword? I remember that being blue in colour. He definitely wore a blue number before he got his outfit in Wind Waker.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Just catching up on Nintendo. Thought Splatoon looked the most promising thing, and a Starfox announcement has to be good, but the rest is same old same old.

Zelda promises much, but I'm not convinced Nintendo know how to make a great Zelda game anymore.

And, there's Bayonetta 2 of course. I am starting to get bothered that I won't be able to play that unless I buy one of these silly U machines.
  • Looking at that LttP image reminded me of a post I saw in a thread elsewhere that showed me that I've been looking at the sprite for Aganhim completely wrong.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Middle one is the Link I'd recognise, I don't know what's going on with the bottom one. What game is it from?

Fierce deity link from Majora's Mask.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • No, that looks like Link to me.
    I don't know how, Link always wears green and has blonde hair, new character wears blue and has brown hair. The only thing they haven't changed is the skin colour. Link did wear different colour gear in Four Swords though.
    He starts off in similar clothes in Wind Waker. It's definitely Link.

260306_FUTUREUSEwindwaker.jpg

The pattern is different, WW was the water world, SS was the sky so i'm guessing this is the other part of the official timeline where it splits in three.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    I can't see the hype over Sony's show personally. Uncharted aside, they had little that made me want a PS4 (which Im kinda gutted about). Hope Uncharted really looks that awesome and isn't a typical Sony downgrade later.

MS had a lot, the Halos, Sunset OD, Horizon, Crackdown, Phantom Dust & the Platinum game to name what I like and multiplats are just that - though Sonys were better, not that it matters either way mind you.

Nintendo i didn't see but their line up really appeals now. Certainly swinging towards a Wii U over PS4 (though I must find a way to play Uncharted!)

Must be a personal taste thing. That Ori game (assume multiplat) looked appealing to.

Have I missed something with Sony (genuine Q)?

All in all though, across all systems theres plenty of games - nothing truly innovative bar perhaps NMS but plenty to amuse.
  • Sony showed games?!

No Last Guardian = fuck off Sony
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Oh and Fable Legends looked shite.
  • Blates link, just very femme like he usually is. 's not like they're going to change the lead character of the franchise. Plus aye he wore blue in WW (last Zelda I enjoyed, didn't play the hh ones tho).

Happy to be proved wrong tho. Just think it's a bit daft to assume zomg female 'cause slightly different frame to before.

I say all this having only seen 20secs of footage mind.
  • Link had red and blue tunics in Ocarina too, obvs.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • No, that looks like Link to me.
  • Link starts out decked in blue in skyward sword amongst other Zelda games. He has quite a few various looks. The green elven look is just his 'classic' look. 

A Zelda game without Link just wouldn't be Zelda. Come on, this is Nintendo we're taking about here.
  • But what is link? He's never the same guy in all the games. Ww link is a different person to mm link. Thus link could be a girl. Just the person of that time that can handle the master sword and has the triforce of courage.
  • Chief wrote:
    No doubt Nintendo's show was full of great games, but only one of them was completely fresh in terms of unused characters - Splatoon. Zelda's sci-fi thing and open world is a great idea. Mario Maker could be huge if marketed in the right way. Possibly a game-changer once the community gets a hold of it. The style of Kirby and Yoshi is stunning. Proper, old school Nintendo stuff. Exciting stuff for fans. Nothing to bring in new audiences. Just to be clear: everything looked great (though I have zero interest in the overrated Bayonetta games), I was just hoping for something a little less familiar.

To be fair, the staple ninty games have been bringing in new audiences constantly for over 20 years, and this new round will almost certainly continue that.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Hasn't exactly worked as well with WiiU though, hence my scepticism. As I say, it was all great stuff but too safe. A single new franchise in the whole show, everything else was established franchises/characters.

I'm not writing them off or anything, just being objective. For all their sequels and returning franchises, Sony and Microsoft still had a raft of new IP too.

Truth be told, I may have been a little less objective if Nintendo didn't continue to completely ignore Metroid... ;)
  • Would love to see Metroid but I'm not entirely sure it has anywhere to go. But I suppose you could say that about most Nintendo franchises...
  • ETERNALLYREPEATNINTENDO.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Where's The Witness, btw?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Chief wrote:
    Hasn't exactly worked as well with WiiU though, hence my scepticism. As I say, it was all great stuff but too safe. A single new franchise in the whole show, everything else was established franchises/characters. I'm not writing them off or anything, just being objective. For all their sequels and returning franchises, Sony and Microsoft still had a raft of new IP too. Truth be told, I may have been a little less objective if Nintendo didn't continue to completely ignore Metroid... ;)

Yep not disputing any of the rest of it, just that it is exactly their staple that continues to bring in new fans gen after gen.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • New fans or new kids and wishful ex-kids? The former will always like bold colours, the latter will always want to recapture the joy of the former. Not sure I even agree with what I'm saying there, but I said it anyway. Or typed it, at the least.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    To be fair to Nintendo, if you're making a new game and you're going for the child-friendly bright colours and stuff, why not stick with your established brands and IP? They've got lots of stuff that they could have turned into new IPs with new characters but we'd be on Anthony the Stapler: Treasure Tracker by now if they'd been doing that.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Aye, like I said, was just openly musing really. Just don't think the "new fans gen after gen" is quite accurate if you discount younguns and those fully Stockholm'd. I'm a prize cunt tho at the best of times so don't pay me any more notice than one o' them deserves.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Splatoon looks really fun. And it's original IP. Armageddon inbound.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!