Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Didn't Link start off wearing a different outfit in Skyward Sword? I remember that being blue in colour. He definitely wore a blue number before he got his outfit in Wind Waker.
    Don'f forget the TP outfit: twilight_princess.jpg

Is he wearing a corset?

Fuck me, these outfits are all a bit of a surprise to me, some because I've not played the games but some because I've forgotten they were ever in the games I've played. When I think Link I think blonde elf in a green tunic.

So since I don't seem to know what the fuck I'm on about regarding Link's wardrobe, I'll concede that the androgynous elf in blue is almost definitely Link.
  • Didn't Link start off wearing a different outfit in Skyward Sword? I remember that being blue in colour. He definitely wore a blue number before he got his outfit in Wind Waker.
    Don'f forget the TP outfit: twilight_princess.jpg
    Is he wearing a corset?
    Fuck me, these outfits are all a bit of a surprise to me, some because I've not played the games but some because I've forgotten they were ever in the games I've played. When I think Link I think blonde elf in a green tunic. So since I don't seem to know what the fuck I'm on about regarding Link's wardrobe, I'll concede that the androgynous elf in blue is almost definitely Link.

Even Aonuma's come out now and said that 'No one explicitly said that that was Link.'
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Hmm that screenshot is ropy. Was thinking about going back to TP but.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Has anyone come out and explicitly said that it wasn't though? If it's not I'd put money on some form of co-op shenanigans going down.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    Hmm that screenshot is ropy. Was thinking about going back to TP but.

That's the thing with the Wii, I'm playing Mario Galaxy for the first time and it's like going back three generations. Gameplay is glorious, characters, animation etc. are fine but the textures are rotten.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Is there a thread for Order 1886*? That game was the one that's looked the most interesting to me so far. It looked better than most films in it's thematic genre.

*Chow mein in my local, I think, or was it order 186?...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's on the first page and there's a Games Index thread you lazy swine.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    It's on the first page and there's a Games Index thread you lazy swine.

I'm busy. That's why I didn't conduct a search. :P
  • It's on the first page and there's a Games Index thread you lazy swine.
    I'm busy. That's why I didn't conduct a search. :P

There's a thread called Games Index. All the relevant threads for games are listed alphabetically and linked.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • JonB wrote:
    So with the Wii (and DS) they managed to get a load of new people interested precisely by not relying on the core games, and then shifted a load of Mario Karts off the back of that. But this time, relying heavily on core games, they haven't been able to attract many new people at all. Seems pretty clear to me.

This cycle repeats often with Nintendo.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    : my kid's getting Nintendo consoles / games until he's into his teens that's for sure.
    Awwww yeaaa!

I have watched this happen in my household.  2 of my 4 kids are now in early teens(13 & 15) & still have a desire to play Nintendo based purely on early exposure to NCL magic.  Don't get me wrong, they play allsorts fromTitanfall to Fifa on the various systems in the house, but still won't ignore a new Mazza or Z title.  Pretty sure the other 2 will have Nintendo etched in their minds based on multiplayer GC/Wii/WiiU shenanigans with their siblings/friends.
  • Is there a cross-platform summary of games shown?
  • There's a googledoc floating around somewhere with hyperlinks to all vids etc. Don't have time to dig it out tho.
  • Probably dont have time to read that either. I was hoping for a single link with a screenshot or two of the highlights.
  • Them youtube summary vids probably your best bet then, lazy bastard.
  • I just use allgamesbeta for this stuff. All they ever do is post basic press releases and trailers, no meaningless post-match analysis etc.
  • Now had a chance to mop up most of the coverage & atm, looking forward to the following.

3DS - Monster Hunter 4, Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei 4
    WiiU - Smash, Zelda, Mario Maker, Bayo 2, Splatoon, Captain Toad, X
    PS4 - Uncharted 4, Bloodborne
    Vita - Minecraft
    Xbox One - Evolve, Phantom Dust, Halo 5
    Multi - Arkham Knight, No Mans Sky, Hyper Light Drifter.

Biggest highlight - Uncharted 4(can't deny my Drake Man crush) Edit: Also Nintys E3 opener, quality.
    Low point - No footage/news ref Shin Megami Tensei vs Fire Emblem.  Was there any news from Atlus? I can't find a bean.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Whats this Splatoon I keep seeing mentioned?
  • cindemon wrote:
    I have watched this happen in my household.  2 of my 4 kids are now in early teens(13 & 15) & still have a desire to play Nintendo based purely on early exposure to NCL magic.  Don't get me wrong, they play allsorts fromTitanfall to Fifa on the various systems in the house, but still won't ignore a new Mazza or Z title.  Pretty sure the other 2 will have Nintendo etched in their minds based on multiplayer GC/Wii/WiiU shenanigans with their siblings/friends.
    Good. Then they can replace all the people like me who bought Nintendo for years, but can't be arsed with it anymore.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Whats this Splatoon I keep seeing mentioned?

An in-house squad based shooter (4 on 4) developed by Nintendo, with paint balls instead of shotguns and chainsaws, and squid in the place of [space] marines*...

Comparisons to GoW will be drawn, but it really looks a lot like Jet Force Gemini...

It also has a few interesting ideas about movement and strategy, that appear to be rooted in the same liquid paint concept as the conceit that's found part way through Portal 2.

It looks like it could be a good laugh playwise, but floor reports say that the controls are gimmicky (motion controls to look around), and it hampers the experience slightly...

I reckon Ninty will eventually recourse to providing a range of control options if the criticism sticks.

*Super Mario Fraggers, I'm sure...
  • @cindemon another low was the lack of anything from Retro Studios
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Yeah, but look...

We originally began working with Star Fox back on Wii, and we had a small group of people experimenting with it for many years, maybe about six years, but we didn’t find an idea that really brought that together for the Wii. So instead we moved experimentation to the Wii U using some of the same assets. It’s been maybe 6 to 10 months that we’ve been experimenting with it.

Marie Rose
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The article makes me think that the new Starfox might be too OTT.
  • @cindemon another low was the lack of anything from Retro Studios

Yeah was disappointed by the lack of news ref their new project & the lack of any Metroid/F-Zero news.  

Also at the risk of being in the wrong thread, Starfox U(?) being motion controlled via the pad was crushing.  I hope alternative control methods will be implemented.
  • I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Exclusives shown in MS and Sony conferences:

XlfOfsd.jpg
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Xbox wins!
  • Am I the only one looking forward to Lords of the Fallen?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!