The E3 Thread of Happiness and Joy and Fluffy Bunnies
  • In fact, I'm going to say that this Link is from the Fallen Hero timeline, specifically the one from A Link to the Past.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    You goddamn honkies are all the same

Srsly.

Fucking Zelda will be another Zelda, the novelty of the presentation will wear off at the first fetchquest.

Splatoon has more than a dash of JSR about it, which I can appreciate.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Pessimists itt.

@dynamite good question.  Blow is still alive so it's presumably coming.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I'm fucking excited [/big kev]

The new Zelda looks phenomenal.
    Xenoblade looks like it is going to rock. Although it seems to have undergone a few changes.
    Splatoon looks like the kind of re-invention of multiplayer we got with Splinter Cell VS mode, Outriggers, Team Fortress and looks like a wonderful concept in theory.
    Captain Toad is finally in his own game. I love the offbeat whistle theme.
    Mario Maker will see Kaizou Mario become accessible.
    Bayonetta at double the value is great news.

As for the other conferences ...
    Sony did what was expected. A few disappointments (no show of TLG) and a few nice surprises like LBP3 and No Man's Sky. A solid showing really.
    Microsoft did better than expected. Even though most were known beforehand, the focus on games was needed, and even I must admit Fable Legends even looked amusing.

Nintendo delivered in spades though. The self awareness, the absurd opening to the presentation and the fact that every game was an exclusive did it for them.

Only complaint I really have is this.
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Fucking Zelda will be another Zelda

With PS3-tier graphics.

Ocarina of Time should've been A Link to the Past 3D. It wasn't, and apart from this, I've never enjoyed a 3D Zelda half as much as their potential could allow.

Kondo's contribs are entitled to the praise they receive. I think his efforts were the key separator between Zeldas and their rivals. Discount ALttP, and I think many other adventures have superior mechanics.

E3 verdict: If it wasn't for Uncharted 4, I could live quite happily with a PC this gen. Until news of a Tekken or WipEout, at least. (WipEout for Oculus 2 Nonsick, even better.)
  • isn't a typical Sony downgrade later.

Lol
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Never go full Ken Bruce Vela.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Yep not disputing any of the rest of it, just that it is exactly their staple that continues to bring in new fans gen after gen.
    Except last gen where it was stuff like Wii Sports that brought new people on board. And this gen where they've so far largely failed to do so. But yeah, other than that...
  • Skerret wrote:

The reference is lost on me 'I'm afraid
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    isn't a typical Sony downgrade later.

Lol

The irony of that sentence isn't lost on me ;)

• Sasukekun wrote:
    Didn't Link start off wearing a different outfit in Skyward Sword? I remember that being blue in colour. He definitely wore a blue number before he got his outfit in Wind Waker.

Don'f forget the TP outfit:

twilight_princess.jpg
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Jesus I'd completely forgotton how Twilight Princess looked.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Didn't Link start off wearing a different outfit in Skyward Sword? I remember that being blue in colour. He definitely wore a blue number before he got his outfit in Wind Waker.
    Don'f forget the TP outfit: twilight_princess.jpg

Is he wearing a corset?
  • 2015 is going to be a great year for games.
  • E3 has achieved one thing - I will definitely be going next gen by Christmas. Not sure which one yet, but I will be. And I'll probably buy a fucking WiiU as well. Fucking Nintencunts, with their great games.
  • 2015 is going to be a great year for games.
    It certainly looks like the point when this generation will finally get going.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Fucking Nintencunts, with their great games.

I lolled hard at this yesterday

Hirai_zps89e7b940.png
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Johann Johannsson is getting used more in teh medias now. Knew this straight away in the Uncharted trailer.

• Sasukekun wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Fucking Nintencunts, with their great games.

I lolled hard at this yesterday

Hirai_zps89e7b940.png

Ha, Iwata account was good too (laughs)
  • Fake kaz is amazing. As good as the molydeux account when on fire.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    Ahar, I thought the BIG KEV/KEN BRUCE link was etched in Oz stone.

Allow moi:
    http://youtu.be/lnl1cwoDVIY
  • JonB wrote:
    Yep not disputing any of the rest of it, just that it is exactly their staple that continues to bring in new fans gen after gen.
    Except last gen where it was stuff like Wii Sports that brought new people on board. And this gen where they've so far largely failed to do so. But yeah, other than that...

Really? alright then.  Of course wii sports brought new people on board it was bundled with the console.  I said 'staple' games, as in their marios and zeldas.  Mario Kart wii sold some 35 million, i'm assuming some of those were new to the franchise.  NSMB wii u on the other hand has only sold 4 million so far, but it would be daft to dismiss their staple titles even on the wii u as not being able to bring new gamers in to the platform.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Ahar, I thought the BIG KEV/KEN BRUCE link was etched in Oz stone.

Allow moi:
    http://youtu.be/lnl1cwoDVIY

I've lived a sheltered life it seems.
  • Really? alright then.  Of course wii sports brought new people on board it was bundled with the console.  I said 'staple' games, as in their marios and zeldas.  Mario Kart wii sold some 35 million, i'm assuming some of those were new to the franchise.  NSMB wii u on the other hand has only sold 4 million so far, but it would be daft to dismiss their staple titles even on the wii u as not being able to bring new gamers in to the platform.
    So with the Wii (and DS) they managed to get a load of new people interested precisely by not relying on the core games, and then shifted a load of Mario Karts off the back of that. But this time, relying heavily on core games, they haven't been able to attract many new people at all. Seems pretty clear to me.
  • Relying heavily on core games? I'd say they've been relying on no games, hence the ridiculously bad sales.

Now that Mario 3dWorld, MK8 are out (Pikmin was never a huge seller), I expect the numbers to go up considerably - and if they can keep up momentum with more core franchises, the Wii U could end up being a slow-burning sales success like the 3DS.

Yes Wii Sports attracted a bunch of new people - but we all know these people never turned into long-term gamers. Nintendo always attract new and existing gamers with their core franchises.
  • I wouldn't necessarily equate a bunch of gaming enthusiasts buying cut-price WiiUs to gain access to a handful of first party games with success.

Nintendo will always attract a (slowly decreasing) pool of long-time gamers with their Marios and Zeldas, and a few new ones, but their biggest successes have always been combined with new franchises or strong third party support. They certainly can't rely on the core games to keep shit going.
  • JonB wrote:
    I wouldn't necessarily equate a bunch of gaming enthusiasts buying cut-price WiiUs to gain access to a handful of first party games with success

And nor would I. I said I expected the numbers to go up considerably - I could certainly be wrong, but I'm not basing that expectation on a dozen forumites forking out.

It's your second paragraph that I (and prob. Billy) are unsure about. I believe that these core franchises do still attract a considerable new audience. At the risk of inconsistency, I do base that belief on anecdotal evidence: my kid's getting Nintendo consoles / games until he's into his teens that's for sure.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    : my kid's getting Nintendo consoles / games until he's into his teens that's for sure.

Awwww yeaaa!
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    You goddamn honkies are all the same
    Srsly. Fucking Zelda will be another Zelda, the novelty of the presentation will wear off at the first fetchquest. Splatoon has more than a dash of JSR about it, which I can appreciate.

This is what I think of the new Zelda, but we'll see how this open world think works out.
    It does, however, look like the prettiest game, out of a pretty bunch of high quality demos from all the vendor conferences though, so hopes are rightfully high.

And yeah, that Splatoon thing interested me immediately. 

It's the first time Nintendo have ever tried anything like it in house, I think. The team would not have been allowed to have got that far without EAD and (surely) Miyamoto's approval.

Rather heartened by how the developers were enthusiastically describing the rules...

Reminded me less of JSR, and more of Jet Force Gemini, myself...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!