PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yes. It's the Marth one
  • I hope this kid didn't send anything too bad because I find this hilarious.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Yes. It's the Marth one

Damn, I was hoping for Uranuth.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I hope this kid didn't send anything too bad because I find this hilarious.

Legendary kid.

• (apologies if they sent seriously offensive stuff)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Here we go
    Spoiler:

If he were my son, I'd be proud.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:

So do I. Nothing massively so, but a few little digs as I said about staff members body size. I've got detective work to do tomorrow.
    nick_md wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Legendary kid.

Yes but also in a world of bother.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Here we go
    Spoiler:

Classic gonz
  • regmcfly wrote:
    So do I. Nothing massively so, but a few little digs as I said about staff members body size. I've got detective work to do tomorrow.
    Legendary kid.
    Yes but also in a world of bother.

When you’ve sleuthed the kid out can you give them some kind of super appropriate punishment such as writing an essay on why Nintendo are shit or similar?  Would suit the crime and I’d be eager to read the response.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    100%
  • When you’ve sleuthed the kid out can you give them some kind of super appropriate punishment such as writing an essay on why Nintendo are shit or similar?  Would suit the crime and I’d be eager to read the response.

That's an awesome idea; 3000 words on why Nintendo is exceptional.
  • 3000 words even if you have to work overnight.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I hope this kid didn't send anything too bad

Didn't you read the spoiler?? Send the little fucker to the nearest workhouse, immediately.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I always said, even as a kid, that I wouldn't mind folk (even my own kids) using expletives as long as they did it creatively

So if you do find the kid, at least offer some outside for being able to track you down, and maybe point him in a direction his talents can be used. That said 'Nintendo sucks' whilst being factually correct (dons fireproof driving suit) doesn't scream "great imagination"
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Here we go

93SpmgX.jpg

Remember in Catch Me If You Can where Leo is all like “dad, ask me to stop” and Christopher Walken is all like “you can’t stop now, you got the American government running scared”? Poor Leo. He just wants out. He just wants to marry Brenda (Amy Adams) in New Orleans. But no, that narc Carl (Tom Hanks) won’t stop chasing him down.

Well, we are Christopher Walken here, kid is Leo. Reg is Tom Hanks. All he has to do is find Brenda and it’s game over for the kid.
  • Or.... Reg is walking up the stairs and a student shouts "sir!" Reg turns and sees a student he sort of recognises with blood all over his white shirt and bandages covering his fingertips. Arms out stretched he calmly says:

"Youre looking for me"

Reg is Brad Pitt, we are Morgan freeman, the kid is Kevin spacey.
    SFV - reddave360
  • LivDiv wrote:
    After a really tough year things have gone absolutely mental in my game.
    Freelance is normally feast and famine but this is nuts. Full starvation followed by a king's feast.

Aside from that I had a call earlier which sort of turned into an informal interview for a perm role and I think I pretty much got offered a job. The call ended with me telling the owner of this bloody multinational company to draw up a job synopsis and we can have a talk about what salary I would be looking at.
    I always said I wouldnt go perm again unless it was right and this job ticks every box.
    I can work wherever I want, pick my software and hardware. I'll be starting the in-house visualisation department, just me at first but the guy was all about growth and potential to build a team.

Just the salary to decide now. The odd thing is I wouldnt have applied if I read the job ad properly as the advertised salary was way low. However the guy said he was looking for a junior on that low salary that he could grow but after being blown away by my work he decided its worth paying to get me instead. We discussed ballpark figures but I want to push so I'm not thinking about it for at least a few years.

I'm really not used to being in this position but happy to be in it. Hopefully we can align on salary.

I've accepted this job.
    I couldn't get the salary up quite to my top end but happy with what we agreed upon and there is a goal based bonus scheme. Also agreed to discuss again before the end of my probation.

The salary will get me the mortgage I want which is the main thing really.

The job is pretty cool.
    I will be co-designing and solo visualising cinemas and residential cinema rooms.
  • Congratulations Liv. Honestly, I'm very happy for you bud, I have been thinking about your struggle.

And now for good news for all the other badgers out there
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Thanks mate. I can certainly relax with a bit of financial security.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Great to hear this Liv, just great.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hurrah
  • Doubles all round.
  • Well done liv!

I sort of accepted a new job working with a guy I used to work with years ago. I worked tech stuff for a cinema/film company (Curzon) and his company ran the external IT for the cinemas. He’s been trying to hire me for years but the money was never quite enough, as it was never more than I was already on.

Anyway he finally yelled at me over zoom and gave me a very generous offer, but I’m moving house and have a mortgage acceptance sorted and don’t want to ruin anything so can’t give notice till I’m completed (I think).

It’s a small team of 3 currently, they mostly look after theatres, cinemas and media companies. Might end up working on the same places Liv!
  • Everybody gets a cinema job!

Nice one Cosmic.
  • Cheers! Suits me much more than my job doing IT for a… modelling company? Insurance software company? I have no idea what they do even after 3 years. They’re also promoting me as they can tell I want to leave (they’re not wrong!)

I took the promotion anyway but don’t expect anything to actually happen before I give my notice…
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Everybody gets a cinema job! Nice one Cosmic.

I have shares in Cineworld, so I believe you work for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!