regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Genuinely, he's a massive Tory.
  • Ah right, no sympathy then.
  • The guy I’m hopefully working with soon is a massive tory. Did actually make me question the job in the past, which is a bit stupid really. We argued a load when I was younger and worked with him then (I mean, I was 27 and he a 50+ year old man) but these days it doesn’t bother me. I won’t agree with him but he is entitled to his opinion and he’s always been very nice and polite (for a grumpy old tory :) )

I should point out last time I went for a drink with him he agreed Boris et al were a bunch of twats.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Are those the tripod things?

The Spider Phones? Yes.   You can get speaker and mic extensions for the ones we have that can be used in larger rooms but we have never used those much.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Aww, yis. Been asked to run some lectures on a SCITT (teacher training for the civilians) next year. Keep bluffin', Tigro. They haven't found you out yet!

And they never will! Bwahaha.

It's a Good Thing too as I can't see myself getting a promotion in the next few years and wouldn't particularly want one if it meant going into headship, yet I need more money because a) My children are expensive creatures and b) I kinda want a gaming laptop to not play on.
  • Nice one Tiger.
  • So, update on my work ups and downs.

Sadly, the self employed courier thing didn't work out, there just wasn't enough work in Scotland. So I'm sorry for anyone that helped me out, I'll pay you back as soon as I can.

For about 18 months (at least since my careco days), I've been bouncing emails back and forth with webuyanycar. They phoned me about a month ago asking if I was still interested, but I'd just started the self employed thing, wanted to see how it worked. Obviously it didn't, so I called them on a Friday on the off chance they were still hiring. By the Monday, they'd offered me the job. Started training a couple weeks ago, went live today.

In the busiest branch in the country, by myself. Shitting it.

Anyway, came out top on volume for today in the Scotland region. My conversion rate was shit, but that's to be expected when you give the new guy back to back appointments, was a baptism of fire.

Also registered interest in an upcoming regional job with them. Same money etc, but as it's of no fixed abode, comes with a vehicle, which is something I really need just now. First car bought by myself was a lovely Jag, then a pimps range rover. I'm car daft, so that side of it's a piece of piss to me, it's just learning the systems etc.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Congrats man, hope it works out for you.
  • Great news mate, slaying them.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    HBJ, fantastic news. FWIW proud of you fella for staying at the table with the recent bad cards you’ve been dealt. I’ll be having two fingers later to toast your health and wealth big fella.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Aye, this is great news mate. Hopefully you're turning a corner now.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Brilliant news! Good stuff mate :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    HBJ, fantastic news. FWIW proud of you fella for staying at the table with the recent bad cards you’ve been dealt. I’ll be having two fingers later to toast your health and wealth big fella.

I'd have thought a man of your pedigree would be able to manage the entire fist.

• Congrats to the both of you and good news all round.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    School night, Goober.

Speaking of which, sorry Tiger, congratulations - didn’t see you up there!
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Onward chaps. 

Onward.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • No worries!

Good stuff, HBJ. Onwards and upwards and keep on going and going and going!
  • Nice one tiger! Can relate to the expensive children bit…

And congrats hbj! It must be exhausting starting another new job again and you should be seriously proud of yourself.
  • Thats great news HBJ. You really needed to catch a break.
  • Yep, really glad to hear things are looking a bit more positive. Credit to you for all the effort you've put in to make it happen.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I love seeing positive news in this thread

Well done Tiger, hope it proves a decent sideline so you can keep avoiding head (teehee). Also great to you've found something with a little more security Jaws, I hope everyone wants new cars for their staycations
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I had some good news recently as I've nailed down a nice promotion at work. I've had some tough periods there in the last couple of years but it's been really pleasing to see the time and effort I've put in pay off.

My boss was a massive help in pushing it through and one of the main reasons I've stuck around so it's lovely to know there are still folk like that out there who will help develop and support others.

It's also been a nice confidence boost so pretty sure that's a +10 to combatting self doubt and anxiety. Mental health bonus!
  • Great news. Congrats.
  • Its all coming up Milhouse here at the moment.
  • Way hay!!! That's awesome news. Congrats! Now get some funky cocktails on the go and let's celebrate with some FNF tonight
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Great news Cos! Thrilled for you.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The emailer has struck again

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!